The Slayer, Volus Adept, Protector, Novaguard, Havoc, and the Fury on/off host.

#1DreoreSilerePosted 1/22/2013 7:39:36 PM(edited)
The difference between playing them as host versus off-host is phenomenal. This may include all Vanguard kits as well. Here are the things I have learned:

1. The fire rate of Phase Disruptor and Biotic Orbs is slowed down significantly when playing off-host. As host, both powers can be used with "Pull Rank 6 150% recharge speed" cooldowns.

2. The N7 Slayer Vanguard and the N7 Fury Adept's teleportation dodges have too significant of a lag between input and response such that players caught in split second situations, who actually should have lived when they dodge into cover, are instead dead. The teleportation is INSTANT when playing as host.

3. Nova and Havoc Strike also have significant lag between input and response. This is non-existent when playing as host. A Turian Havoc melee/Havoc Strike build works best only when playing as host.

4. Everybody knows this, but Biotic Charge is laggy in itself when not playing as host.

I started playing N7 Slayer recently with a Phase Disruptor / Biotic Charge build. MAN, this guy can be a powerhouse. Too bad I have to be a host and wait for players instead of instantly joining a random lobby in order for that to be so. What a shame.
---
I should go.
#2WatermelonFartsPosted 1/22/2013 7:44:17 PM
Never had a problem with the Havoc off-host.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wOseA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/qHMXI.jpg
<333333
#3Havoc49JPosted 1/22/2013 7:48:29 PM
The Nova hesitation can be accounted for by throwing in a roll between Charge > Nova. Another option which I've been working with is using my half-blast build when I'm not hosting. Less damage but less lag related deaths.
---
King of London & Giant 12-4
#4SRR CapdownPosted 1/23/2013 4:58:04 AM
I've noticed with the Fury and Valkyrie off-host that there's a delay between the time Annihilation Field affects an enemy and when you can detonate them.

It's really frustrating, as you run into a mob, you see them stagger and start glowing blue and cast warp/throw, but it just hits them and doesn't detonate.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#5Brig123Posted 1/23/2013 5:31:06 AM
Havoc's also have the problem of using a stim, and not getting the granted shield immediately. I have been downed many times essientially 'robbed' of a stim (it gets used, and removed from my count) because of this small lag. Possible Stim just lacks invincibility frames as in the case of the shield pack tho.
#6orangeneePosted 1/23/2013 6:07:03 AM
The only real issue I have with off-host slayerage is survivability. Even a comfortable level of latency can get you killed fast.

He can't take a hit as it is never mind him being hit before you get to know about it.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7NafzgerPosted 1/23/2013 6:58:12 AM(edited)
Every class suffers off-host. Some are worst than others. It's the reason it's hard to get people to join your lobby when you make one: everybody wants to host.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#8code_kirinPosted 1/23/2013 9:28:50 AM
The other day I decided I'd try to manguard off host. I figured I hadn't done it in a while, so I'd do it just to see how it's like.

It put me into a geth match with a French host or something. 2 second delays before I could nova or charge. I died pretty much every wave except 9, 10, and 11 (by this point I'd wisened up to the fact that both my powers were 100% worthless and just shot things from cover with my Talon). Rage missiles and rage gels were had. Luckily I brought armored compartments with me.
#9crazyivan7777Posted 1/23/2013 8:34:27 PM
i always seem to get that lag on the N7 fury's annihilation field and powers but i am able to compensate.
The vanguards and the N7 Shadow's Strike is another problem. Off host the delay is deadly on higher difficulties. couple that with the new enemies (collectors)which are faster that requires you a bigger compensation for the Lag off host.
It may also be the reason i don't use sniper rifles that much.

As i have found i can"t seem to host because of Lag, several players always quite in the first wave if i host. that means unless i solo i might never get the best of some of these kits.
#10sheepman23Posted 1/23/2013 8:38:55 PM
Nafzger posted...
Every class suffers off-host. Some are worst than others. It's the reason it's hard to get people to join your lobby when you make one: everybody wants to host.

Not me, simply because I know my connection is junk, and therefore I would be affecting everyone else's survivability...

Some things off-host are really, really tough at times. The Kishock Harpoon Gun, for instance - on host, it's an incredible weapon, but off host it can really be an issue. Classes like the Fury, Slayer, Valkyrie, and Ex-Cerb Adept suffer a lot from any sort of lag; for some odd reason, powers like Lash just go nuts when the connection is not perfect.

However, for the majority of classes and stuff, I don't have a problem with playing them off-host.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342