Would you like to see Dominate as a power in MP?

#1sheepman23Posted 1/22/2013 7:48:06 PM
Yay or nay? - Results (75 votes)
Yes, I'd love it.
37.33% (28 votes)
Yes, but only if they buff it.
12% (9 votes)
Yes, but only if they nerf it.
2.67% (2 votes)
Maybe, it depends.
9.33% (7 votes)
No, it'd be too OP.
2.67% (2 votes)
No, that'd be a totally useless power.
4% (3 votes)
No, the power doesn't make any sense.
4% (3 votes)
No, because they'd nerf it into oblivion, just like Sabotage...
28% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just to clarify - this is the description of Dominate in SP, as well as each of the ranks. In SP, Dominate does not work against Banshees or any synthetics, but it is effective against every other enemy.

Rank 1 - Dominate
Disrupt the synaptic harmonics of an organic brain so it can't differentiate between friend and foe. A single affected target will fight on your side for a short time. Targets grow resistant to the power over time.

Rank 2 - Recharge Speed
Increase recharge speed by 25%.

Rank 3 - Duration
Increase duration by 30%. (Duration = 13 seconds)

Rank 4a - Recharge Speed
Increase recharge speed by 30%.

Rank 4b - Duration
Increase duration by 40%. (Duration = 17 seconds)

Rank 5a - Damage
Inflict massive nerve damage to the target, doing 50 points of damage per second.

Rank 5b - Frenzy
While under the effect of the power, the target does 40% more weapon damage.

Rank 6a - Vulnerability
The target takes 30% more damage from all sources.

Rank 6b - Rage
While under the effect of the power, the target does 60% more weapon damage and takes 50% less damage.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#2CharmilePosted 1/22/2013 7:54:31 PM
I'd imagine that it would nerfed, but it would now work on Banshee

Nerfs
4B 15 seconds
5B 25% Weapon Damage
6B, I was considering it, but that seems on the fair side. If I had to it would be 45% more weapon damage and 30% less Damage
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#3WatermelonFartsPosted 1/22/2013 7:55:34 PM
it's not even going to be implemented into multiplayer
ever

just to crush anyone's hopes
---
http://i.imgur.com/wOseA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/qHMXI.jpg
<333333
#4sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:58:41 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
ever

Did someone from Bioware confirm that it wouldn't be implemented? I remember you saying this before, but I don't remember there being any source.

I'm not saying it will be added, but I thought I'd make a poll to see what people thought of it.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5WatermelonFartsPosted 1/22/2013 8:00:38 PM
sheepman23 posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...
ever

Did someone from Bioware confirm that it wouldn't be implemented? I remember you saying this before, but I don't remember there being any source.

I'm not saying it will be added, but I thought I'd make a poll to see what people thought of it.

i think bryan johnson said it would never be implemented
---
http://i.imgur.com/wOseA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/qHMXI.jpg
<333333
#6sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:06:05 PM
*sigh* Well, atleast I can hope. In all honesty, I primarily want it for the comical factor. Can you imagine Dragoons and Phantoms fighting eachother? I would die...
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#7Havoc49JPosted 1/22/2013 8:08:10 PM
Voted useless power. I'm not a fan of powers that are meant to immobilize or disable enemies, even stasis. The best way to take away an enemies ability to kill you is to kill it quickly. No cooldown was listed but realistically it would be substantial enough to noticeably slow down kill speeds.
---
King of London & Giant 12-4
#8herduliekmudkipPosted 1/22/2013 8:10:36 PM
no i want slam instead
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#9CharmilePosted 1/22/2013 8:11:05 PM
herduliekmudkip posted...
no i want slam instead

I think they down-voted that one too
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#10sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:21:10 PM(edited)
Havoc49J posted...
Voted useless power. I'm not a fan of powers that are meant to immobilize or disable enemies, even stasis. The best way to take away an enemies ability to kill you is to kill it quickly.

Well, it does have two evolutions that increase the target's vulnerability, so it could certainly be used as an offensive power.

No cooldown was listed but realistically it would be substantial enough to noticeably slow down kill speeds.

It does have a long cooldown (7.74 with Rank 4 Recharge Speed in SP), but how often would you really have to use it? It's not a spammable power unless you're constantly Dominating everything you see.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342