The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is it possible to "master" gold difficulty?.

#1Generalk121Posted 1/23/2013 3:51:31 PM
Just wondering does it ever get to a point where you play gold or plat difficulties so much that you're able to play them regularly without breaking a sweat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not terribad or anything but lately I've made the decision to exclusively play gold with a couple or silvers thrown in now again. One thing I've noticed is that even though a mostly score the highest, I have to play like an absolute tryhard and I find myself left with half of my consumables at the end of the match. I just wanna know if it's like this for the majority of you or if I'm actually just worse than what I rate myself to be.

I mainly ask this because sometimes I encounter players with N7's in their 3000+ yet they do pretty damn bad during game. I know N7 doesn't equal skill but every time I see this I ask myself "didn't they learn anything or improve at all from playing this game for so long?"
---
---
Call someone a Woman = Trolling. Never change Mods. ~GT = Faint DVS~
#2terrysmay04Posted 1/23/2013 3:55:33 PM
I extract, or reach extraction wave, on about 95% of my MP gold games anymore, so I find it fairly easy. Granted I am sort of "tryhard", I always do work on games when I play bc I like to win and I like to do well.

But I don't find it especially stressful or anything like that. Just give yourself more rounds TC, it gets easier once you get used to how much damage enemies do/take.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3bman52480Posted 1/23/2013 3:56:31 PM
Dude I hear you. I just did my first gold solo last night and was psyched. Even did it in a reasonable time(just over 30 minutes), but only managed wave ten but making all the enemies follow me to the opposite end of the map from the hack then sprinting back.

Though I was basically playing Gold easy mode with maxed kroguard against geth on glacier.

How people solo platinum in anything under a lifetime I have no idea.

I can't say "I usually finish with the top score" because all of us evidently do that, but I do pretty well. Rarely-if ever-die on silver unless I am running a lvl one character, very very rarely don't make it through a gold match, but it isn't easy.
---
"The Miss Universe Pageant is fixed, the winners are always from Earth."
#4SRR CapdownPosted 1/23/2013 3:58:35 PM
Some games.

With randoms it can feel like you're barely good enough sometimes, simply because you're having to carry and work extra hard, but with a group of other good players it just feels easy and fun.

And yeah, I played with a guy who had an N7 rank of +12k earlier, he wasn't especially good.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#5infinitexxPosted 1/23/2013 3:58:54 PM
Well, yes, you can get good enough to consitently perform very well on gold, but people oftentimes use odd builds and weapons, latency can cause some headaches, or just half ass it.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6Mr_PipboyPosted 1/23/2013 4:00:27 PM
Gold is easy, and then become easier when you have a great team.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#7sheepman23Posted 1/23/2013 4:01:55 PM
SRR Capdown posted...
With randoms it can feel like you're barely good enough sometimes, simply because you're having to carry and work extra hard, but with a group of other good players it just feels easy and fun.

This. I have played with mostly randoms during my MP experience, and it wasn't until earlier this month that I tried playing a few games with GFAQs members - the difference was tremendous. I went from worrying if we would make it past Wave 9 to actually enjoying the matches with the people I played with.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8ServarePosted 1/23/2013 4:05:31 PM
Gold is significantly easier now than it use to be. WGG is how I started and I couldn't believe how hard it was. Then I got bored of it and just started playing it normally, started to get use to it, but I did A LOT of failing. Then the patch came, WGG disappeared, and I was able to find a lot more Gold matches. Now it is usually what I play from lv 14 up.

You get use to it.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#9JedisenseiPosted 1/23/2013 4:08:51 PM
I get my ass handed to me on Gold, regularly, despite having logged 200+ hours in MP. I just..suck, I guess. I do play with randoms, though, and have no (working) mic.
#10foodeater4Posted 1/23/2013 4:11:33 PM
Gold is pretty easy with a average team. I win 95% of my gold games just with randoms. If I happen to get into a match with 3 good people on a team, its just crazy you can dominate gold like its a bronze match.

With a real good team you can get through plat really easy too, but doing plat with randoms is usually not worth the trouble.