Is it possible to "master" gold difficulty?.

#21FronkenhammerPosted 1/24/2013 4:54:17 AM
Could you post your build and weapons for your Kroguard and how you solo gold in 30 mins ?

I can do it but it takes me ages. My build can survive most things but it feels like I am tickling things to death.
#22SRR CapdownPosted 1/24/2013 5:13:18 AM
Fronkenhammer posted...
Could you post your build and weapons for your Kroguard and how you solo gold in 30 mins ?

I can do it but it takes me ages. My build can survive most things but it feels like I am tickling things to death.

I presume he's got Barrier spec'd for damage reduction, no Carnage, full health and fitness, with a Shield Booster V gear and Cyclonic Modulator IV. Reegar w/ Incendiary IV ammo.

Do Geth on Glacier and it's doable quickly. I've never done it myself, but I've seen plenty of videos and discussions.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#23Finish_th_FightPosted 1/24/2013 6:36:22 AM
ďTryhardí is an attitude not a play style. If you are coasting then I donít want you on my team. But I agree with most of whats been said here. Gold isnít as hard as it used to be and itís much easier with a competent group (of friends or randoms).
#24FronkenhammerPosted 1/24/2013 7:02:25 AM
So its Reegar w/ Incendiary ammo that makes the damage flow !

I shall give that a go, thanks.
#25manrightcheaPosted 1/24/2013 7:11:43 AM
I do feel it is possible to master Gold yes, Plat is another story. Also I highly doubt you are topping scoreboards if you just switched to Gold TC, don't know who you expect to believe that. You may be scoring pretty well and doing your part, but I doubt you are MVP often.

The thing about alot of these people with N7's in the thousands etc, is that they did not get that N7 legitimately, they simply exploited Recruit packs for the xp cards while constantly promoting. No skill involved. Also you shouldnt feel that it is odd or whatever that you are made to use consumables on higher difficulties. In fact, the type of players that are so selfish that they don't ever want to use their own consumables even if it can mean the difference between winning or not are the worst type of players you can run into to.

I understand wanting to use consumables wisely, but flat-out refusing to use them on higher difficulties is unfair to your teammates that are working harder to ensure everyones safefy. Its a scumbag thing to do.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#26Generalk121(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:25:02 AM
manrightchea posted...
I do feel it is possible to master Gold yes, Plat is another story. Also I highly doubt you are topping scoreboards if you just switched to Gold TC, don't know who you expect to believe that. You may be scoring pretty well and doing your part, but I doubt you are MVP often..

No no you misunderstand me. I've been playing gold exclusively for about a solid month now. This has just been something that's been in my mind over the duration of that time. Of course at the beginning I was getting asspummeled but over time I gradually got the hang of it and could safely say that I would be the top scorer of the majority of games I played.

Problem was that I found waves 9+ pretty darn difficult and would go down at least twice at average during that period. This pretty much lead to the creation of this thread.
---
---
Call someone a Woman = Trolling. Never change Mods. ~GT = Faint DVS~
#27MedicFromHellPosted 1/29/2013 2:39:10 PM
Master Platinum? With enough missiles...

http://rymoulton.com/filehost/giantplat13.jpg
---
GT: Razerath ...the GI that conquered Goddess.
#28deathscythe257Posted 1/29/2013 2:47:41 PM
Yes. It was like that for me sometime ago, after a month-long hiatus, I cant anymore... Of course this was only on gold
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#29xionnoixPosted 1/29/2013 3:06:39 PM
MedicFromHell posted...
Master Platinum? With enough missiles...

http://rymoulton.com/filehost/giantplat13.jpg

wow.

in regards to mastering gold, i don't think i have, i still don't know where enemies spawn on all the maps.
re: try hard, if i play with random folks, which i usually do, i'm a little stingy on the consumable ammo, armor because i feel i don't have a lot of it. if i play w/ folks on game faqs, then i'll use the level 4 stuff i have.
#30powa1982Posted 1/29/2013 5:07:51 PM
Gold is a standard for me now. Unless teammate sucks big time, most of the time I get extracted.

Platinum on the other hand, I would not do it with PUG as I will just waste my consumable on idiots that have N7 50-200 with avenger.
---
GT: powa1216