single player melee

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. single player melee
4 years ago#1
Just going through the game in soldier class with lots of ranged attacks and was thinking different for my next playthrough. Maybe playing adept and concentrating on melee/close combat. Can anyone give me any recommendations with regard to weapons, armour?
> Big sword. Short attention span.
4 years ago#2
The Adept is tied with the Engineer for the worst class to focus on Melee.
I am the lizard queen!
4 years ago#3
The Adept's heavy melee attack is the weakest in the game, though it does have a very high force value; it's more suited to knocking enemies away than killing them.

If you want to go for a melee/close-range fighter, then the Vanguard is the best choice. Their heavy melee is the fastest to execute and they have a unique running heavy melee, plus Charge helps with close-range survivability.

The obvious close-range weapons are SMGs and shotguns, though you'll likely want a long-range heavy pistol or rifle for when close-range is too dangerous. As for armor, you'll want to find the balance between shields, melee damage, power damage, and weapon damage that works best for you.
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
4 years ago#4
many thanks ;)
> Big sword. Short attention span.
4 years ago#5
I did a vanguard, went most of the game with a shotgun, pistol, and assault rifle (I brought a smg to the endgame).

My style was to biotic charge something, punch them to death, and then biotic charge something else. If you can get a quick power recharge going, you can usually biotic charge your way out of a bad situation. Of course, I did die when I tried my strategy against the first banshee I saw..
Sansa backed away from him. "You're awful".
"I'm honest. Its the world thats awful."
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. single player melee

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived