single player melee

#1easylayPosted 1/25/2013 4:28:39 AM
Just going through the game in soldier class with lots of ranged attacks and was thinking different for my next playthrough. Maybe playing adept and concentrating on melee/close combat. Can anyone give me any recommendations with regard to weapons, armour?
---
> Big sword. Short attention span.
#2SageOfLifePosted 1/25/2013 4:31:55 AM
The Adept is tied with the Engineer for the worst class to focus on Melee.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#3LilyxLightningPosted 1/25/2013 6:27:33 AM
The Adept's heavy melee attack is the weakest in the game, though it does have a very high force value; it's more suited to knocking enemies away than killing them.

If you want to go for a melee/close-range fighter, then the Vanguard is the best choice. Their heavy melee is the fastest to execute and they have a unique running heavy melee, plus Charge helps with close-range survivability.

The obvious close-range weapons are SMGs and shotguns, though you'll likely want a long-range heavy pistol or rifle for when close-range is too dangerous. As for armor, you'll want to find the balance between shields, melee damage, power damage, and weapon damage that works best for you.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#4easylay(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 3:18:36 PM
many thanks ;)
---
> Big sword. Short attention span.
#5ganstamaoriPosted 1/25/2013 3:38:13 PM
I did a vanguard, went most of the game with a shotgun, pistol, and assault rifle (I brought a smg to the endgame).

My style was to biotic charge something, punch them to death, and then biotic charge something else. If you can get a quick power recharge going, you can usually biotic charge your way out of a bad situation. Of course, I did die when I tried my strategy against the first banshee I saw..
---
Sansa backed away from him. "You're awful".
"I'm honest. Its the world thats awful."