Newbie - High Level SP Soldier Powers - Advice Welcome

#1StonedwolfedPosted 1/25/2013 6:25:40 AM
Hi.

Just got this game and some DLC. Got my ME1 -> ME2 character imported. Almost looks the same though the cheekbones are quite different. I'm blaming Cerberus implants.

I'm Level 33 with 73 points to assign. Just found the Med Bay and definitely want to re-spec at least once. Not doing Insanity on first run. Just Hard.

Sometimes in RPGs one power or level is really good or ineffective, for whatever reason. Looking for some tips. My thoughts are towards:

RUSH 5, Dilation, Duration
INC AM 5, DMG, Headshot
DIS AM 5, DMG, Headshot
CRY AM 4, Squad
MASTERY 5, Intense, Headshot

+3 SPARE

Thoughts on this.

RUSH - I think defence could come from Fitness, or cover, so might as well make the power all it can be.

INC/DIS AMMO - I'm going to have having a spare gun or two and don't mind running for clips, so extra ammo doesn't seem essential. I like going for headshots anyway. So Ammo X 5 and Mastery 5 - if they stack correctly - should give a big headshot boost. Right? Especially if lined up with Cryo/rush.

CRY AMMO - Squad, head this is very strong.

MASTERY, Intense increases RUSH duration right? Headshot stacks with Ammo right?

Three points left over, saving for Mastery 6 Weapon Master for extra weapon/ammo power damage.

After that start putting Fitness up.

To me it looks like I have a choice on the Squad. One way was to raise their Ammo power and do a lot of cross-squad boosts (e.g. Combat 5, Alliance Officer stuff, etc.). The other is to ignore their personal Ammo powers, give them Cryo, let them freeze stuff for me to shoot and let them focus on Funky Powers.

Theory sound okay? Not ignoring really strong powers/choices or going with weak ones?
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#2njorlsPosted 1/25/2013 9:02:39 AM
Stick to just 1 ammo type for yourself for now. Incend is good at 6 for explosive.

ADren Rush is good, pick 2 other powers to use (you can map 3). Conc shot and frag grenade are good choices.

Level up fitness to 2 for some easy survivability

Squad cryo can wait a few levels
---
I should go.
#3Spider5800Posted 1/25/2013 11:29:13 AM
njorls posted...
Stick to just 1 ammo type for yourself for now. Incend is good at 6 for explosive.

ADren Rush is good, pick 2 other powers to use (you can map 3). Conc shot and frag grenade are good choices.

Level up fitness to 2 for some easy survivability

Squad cryo can wait a few levels

This. Squad Cryo is meh, you'll get most enemies to stop in their tracks from burning damage on incend anyway. Disruptor ammo isn't necessary until you're fighting geth. Adrenaline Rush isn't as effective as it was in ME2, save it for bosses and use Concussive Shot on basic troops. With the evo that gives it the attributes of ammo powers it's great. Frag grenades can be used during Adrenaline Rush without needing to take the power evolution, and it's great on groups or bosses.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#4herduliekmudkipPosted 1/25/2013 12:09:15 PM
switch to insanity
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny