Random thought about the ending... (spoiler)

#1bloodgod92Posted 1/26/2013 3:26:08 PM
I just noticed that in the Prothean Artifact vision, at the end the camera zooms out past 2 planets, one small, the other bigger... also in the vision we see what seems to be the workings of biotic implants digging into flesh... and a collector... what if across all 3 games we were just playing out the vision that Shepard has when he touches the beacon, and at the end when he takes his breath showing that he is alive, he was regaining consciousness from touching the beacon in ME1, and none of what folows in the 3 games actually happened...

If it sounds nuts and implausible, well... I always seem to come up with at least one crackpot theory for all games I play :)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#2LilyxLightningPosted 1/26/2013 3:27:48 PM
Then why does he only wake up from the vision if they did really well in ME3 and chose a specific option in the end?
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#3Darth_Mark38Posted 1/26/2013 3:28:05 PM
He doesn't wake up in 2 of the 3 options.
---
XBL GT: Mark88880
I R BRITONISH
#4fennell92Posted 1/26/2013 3:30:51 PM
That vision reminds me:

What were those tentacle head things in the vision? They definitely weren't protheans, and why would the protheans send out a vision with the inusannon being wiped out?

inb4biowaredidn'treallyknowwhattheyweredoing
#5bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:56:22 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
at the end the camera zooms out past 2 planets, one small, the other bigger

I should probably have mentioned this, as it was the reason I posted... it seems like they were the two aligned panets from the end of ME3, both with the Normandy and the old guy with the kid... at the end of the trilogy, and at the end of the vision, then we see a reaper.

I really think that what was a short time for everybody else was three years worth of visions for Shep. Think Inception, time moves faster in the dream world (or with visions, that is why is shows as a really short span of quickly moving images).

The biotic implants and flesh would obviously be Cerb rebuilding Shep...

The thought just came to me and I did not do much thinking on it, but sure will tonight :)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#6kamikazeman41Posted 1/26/2013 4:03:49 PM
fennell92 posted...
That vision reminds me:

What were those tentacle head things in the vision? They definitely weren't protheans, and why would the protheans send out a vision with the inusannon being wiped out?

I believe javik mentions that all life was prothean. So javiks race or any other race was simply prothean.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#7TheFeshPincePosted 1/26/2013 5:35:12 PM
Nice, that's kind of a cool idea.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#8infinitexxPosted 1/26/2013 5:38:00 PM
fennell92 posted...
That vision reminds me:

They're Inusannon I think. Of course, that's in ME3, after Bioware decided it's be ungainly to animate Protheans that looked like that.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1