Speculation on Mass Effect 4 and its canon.

#1BlitzPantherPosted 1/28/2013 2:43:50 PM
My friend and I have been speculating on ME4 and if it is in the future it's fairly safe to assume Liara will be alive. Upon those speculations a conclusion is Shep and Liara's daughter could potentially be a squad member.

I have seen so many people argue that the Mass Effect canon is based on whatever decisions the player has made, and their is no universal canon. The player decides whether Shep was a man or a woman, who he romances, renegade/paragon etc. etc. The topic of canon has started many a flame war.

So my question is, if bioware just said screw the player, Shep chose Liara; get over it. How many people would be butthurt? I personally have no problem if they took this course of action, but I'm sure not everyone would feel the same way.

Also, here's hoping for a yahg squad member.
#2SageOfLifePosted 1/28/2013 2:46:30 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
My friend and I have been speculating on ME4 and if it is in the future it's fairly safe to assume Liara will be alive. Upon those speculations a conclusion is Shep and Liara's daughter could potentially be a squad member.

I have seen so many people argue that the Mass Effect canon is based on whatever decisions the player has made, and their is no universal canon. The player decides whether Shep was a man or a woman, who he romances, renegade/paragon etc. etc. The topic of canon has started many a flame war.

So my question is, if bioware just said screw the player, Shep chose Liara; get over it. How many people would be butthurt? I personally have no problem if they took this course of action, but I'm sure not everyone would feel the same way.

Also, here's hoping for a yahg squad member.

Well they could just say Liara got pregnant from the "gift" scene regardless of romance status.

Also, if your butt hurts, it means you're doing it wrong.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#3DestinPosted 1/28/2013 2:50:40 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
So my question is, if bioware just said screw the player, Shep chose Liara; get over it. How many people would be butthurt?

you have no idea what you're saying right?

either you think Bioware is screwing the player or they are not.

if you acknowledge the action as screwing the player, why do you even need to ask if people feel screwed?

if you're not butthurt, than Bioware is not screwing the player properly.
---
Destin the Valiant
#403343Posted 1/28/2013 2:53:03 PM
Actually, i don't think this would be a bad idea, make sense to just pick a cannon ending and just go from there. Also i wouldn't mind if we could play as Shep's Daughter.
---
GT- BlazeFire879
#5BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:56:57 PM
Their idea was to have the player make the decisions, but picking an ending and running with it is kind of screwing over any decision you may have made opposite of picking Liara.
#6twinstarnumber1Posted 1/28/2013 3:09:07 PM
They don't care, if they want a specific canon ending they'll make one. They do like Liara so it's definitely a possibility. Although i'd assume they'd be more cameo or NPC, not playable.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#7DestinPosted 1/28/2013 3:57:20 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
Their idea was to have the player make the decisions, but picking an ending and running with it is kind of screwing over any decision you may have made opposite of picking Liara.

so how is it that you have no problem being screwed over?
---
Destin the Valiant
#8BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:29:25 PM
Because I chose Liara it wouldn't affect me.....
#9pokemonmaster0Posted 1/28/2013 4:52:37 PM
I much rather have a unrelated prequel, they could have cameos from characters doing stuff before the events of Me1, although I don't know how much wiggle room the characters have since I've kinda forgotten most of the back stories. Forcing a canon ending would really spit on the whole your choices matter thing.
#10Super EspioPosted 1/28/2013 6:35:00 PM
Picking a canon ending would be stupid and would be a betrayal of what this trilogy set out to do. They either need to let you load your save again (even if it only picked a few major decisions, like saving the council, red blue or green...) or do something so unrelated that it doesn't matter what you chose.
---
Welcome to GameFAQS, where sharing an opinion is a declaration of war.
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch.