Volus Mercenary build?

#11herduliekmudkipPosted 1/28/2013 5:00:47 PM
sheepman23 posted...
I know he's not exactly the greatest kit ever

yes he is sorry about your bad opinion
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#12sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:42:23 PM
herduliekmudkip posted...

Give me three reasons why he's better than the Engineer.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#13code_kirinPosted 1/28/2013 5:48:14 PM
The drone and decoy do detonate tech combos when they explode. Nothing else contributes.

Every single time I try searching for a game with my volus merc, I get reapers, so I learned the neat little trick of shooting ravagers to light them on fire and then teleporting a drone onto them. The drone blows up instantly and gives you a fire explosion.

really though he sucks terribly vs reapers why does the game keep making me fight them
#14herduliekmudkipPosted 1/28/2013 5:49:35 PM
sheepman23 posted...

Give me three reasons why he's better than the Engineer.

more fun
more fun
more fun
---
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#15sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:05:18 PM
code_kirin posted...
really though he sucks terribly vs reapers why does the game keep making me fight them

I've been pretty lucky so far - I wound up in two games with Cerberus and Geth, and they just LOVE Decoy.

more fun
more fun
more fun

I won't deny that the Mercenary's play style is kind of fun (it's interesting playing a role where you have to draw attention away from everyone), but that doesn't make him a great character.

Still, so far he has pleasantly surprised me. I expected to be on the bottom of the scoreboard - I've ended up in second both times. Of course, I'm playing with randoms, so...
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#16FullMetalManiaPosted 1/28/2013 6:18:28 PM
Don't use the Volus. Problem solved.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#17ToolOwnsYouPosted 1/28/2013 6:44:32 PM
He trollin.

Played a Merc round against Cerberus. With disruptor rounds, I could stun soldiers pretty frequently. Phantoms fell for Decoy constantly.

Pretty fun. Weird not going for kills much at all.
---
Signature.
#18sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:51:24 PM(edited)
Just completed a Cerberus/Glacier/Gold game with him - scored around 110K, and that was with 3 missiles remaining.

I have to admit, he's turning out to be a lot better than I expected. Atleast against Cerberus, that is; it's so easy to lock down groups of enemies, leaving teammates wide open to attack. Phantoms just look stupid when you set a Decoy down. It's also pretty fun to put a Drone down by a Turret, use Incendiary Rounds on it, and then watch the beautiful fire explosion when the Drone explodes.

Oh, and best of all...

"Let's get paid!"

(Gotta love those Volus...)
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#19herduliekmudkipPosted 1/28/2013 8:53:13 PM
sheepman23 posted...
I won't deny that the Mercenary's play style is kind of fun (it's interesting playing a role where you have to draw attention away from everyone), but that doesn't make him a great character.

is this not why you would play a game?
---