Series replay... no chance.

#1bloodgod92Posted 1/28/2013 5:27:14 PM
Am I the only one who simply CANNOT replay the series?

I have completed each games single player mode once. At the time of playing the games, I really enjoyed them...

When it came to replaying, I could never get too far into them again, so I eventually stopped trying,

After a few long talks about the series with a friend, I was tempted to try one more time to go back and start from the beginning. Man, was this a mistake... I do not quite remember the graphics, combat, dialog options, companions being so terrible... all this time I remembered them a lot better than they actually are... I have not even made it to the Citadel on ME1 yet... I just woke up from touching the beacon. I have to say, this early on, the game sucks. I have been after making a femshep so import into ME2 and ME3 so I can a female perspective of things... not going to happen. I think replaying ME1 would be like going back to a windows 95 computer with a dialup modem, 3 1/2 inch floppy disc drive... no chance of that happening. I swear, I have PS2 and Xbox games that have better graphics and gameplay than ME...

I have ruined what was a perfect image of a game I once loved... has anybody else also done this, or am I blinded by todays technology, unable to see past the rough exterior of a great game?
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#2xionnoixPosted 1/28/2013 5:29:24 PM
i can't either. i don't have me1 anymore.
#3fennell92Posted 1/28/2013 5:29:40 PM
I had no problem going back to the first one's gameplay.

The only problem I had was replaying the story. I remedied that by skipping all the dialogue though.
#4charon78auPosted 1/28/2013 5:31:04 PM
I felt that way for a while. But I am now hankering for another full series playthrough.

ME1, with nostalgia goggles engaged, is still one of the best experiences this gen.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#5foodeater4Posted 1/28/2013 5:40:02 PM(edited)
Ive replayed ME1 a number of times since ME2 came out, and I even played ME1 post ME3 so I could do a whole series playthough back to back to back. While combat wise, the game is not as good as the newer ones, I also dont think its so awful its unplayable. I would love it though if they rerealsed the game with ME3's combat system in place.

I dont see how you can critisize the graphics that badly. The games only a few years old and I still feel the graphics hold up nicely overall. The environments are great and yes worst part if probably the faces, but there not that bad. Its much better then any PS2 era games. For me there still solidly this gen and good enough.

Maybe you need to play ME1 on a PC. Running at 60fps with better graphics/controls(if your used to playing on k/b mouse) might be better for you.
#6roo10158Posted 1/28/2013 5:37:40 PM
I'm on my fourth replay.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#7bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:43:10 PM
Another thing that really bugged me early on was the way enemies run at you... seeing 3 husks charge me without once moving their arms, but instead keeping them in a position that made me feel like they wanted a hug really annoyed me for some reason.

As I said, I enjoyed it first time around, but I find it completely unplayable...

Perhaps some time in the future, when I have forgotten what ME2 and 3 play like, I will be able to enjoy ME1 again, but for now, not going to happen.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#8YamatoBeatsPosted 1/28/2013 5:55:30 PM
Didn't play enough of any of the previous entries to give a damn.
#903343Posted 1/28/2013 6:20:05 PM
I can still do full playthoughs, the only thing that really bugs me about ME1 is the all those side missions on random planets that have pretty much the same buildin and mines. Also Enemies EveryWhere!!! gets old after hearin it for the 100th time but I love ME1.
---
GT- BlazeFire879
#10LordTrinenPosted 1/28/2013 6:32:27 PM
Since ME3 came out I've replayed the trilogy three times. ME1's gameplay is pretty tedious compared to the rest of the trilogy but the story is good enough to help me push through it.