Series replay... no chance.

#31brog5108Posted 1/29/2013 2:40:56 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
It is still nice to hear that there are people who can overlook the things I cannot, and enjoy a game that to me, was once an epic experience.

I guess that's the beautiful thing about video games. They're art which is, by definition, subjective.
#32JedisenseiPosted 1/30/2013 9:01:28 PM
brog5108 posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
It is still nice to hear that there are people who can overlook the things I cannot, and enjoy a game that to me, was once an epic experience.

I guess that's the beautiful thing about video games. They're art which is, by definition, subjective.

Art is not by definition subjective but by nature subjective. /Pedantry

OT: The graphics I can accept once immersed for a few hours. The problem I've faced with a replay is that I've gotten closure from the story. I'd invested so thoroughly in my Shepard that the emotional experience had fully played out when she died; any attempts to replay it would feel a hollow mimicry of the 'canon' I built, and so would bar me from truly enjoying the story another time through.
#33bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:03:36 PM
Jedisensei posted...
OT: The graphics I can accept once immersed for a few hours. The problem I've faced with a replay is that I've gotten closure from the story. I'd invested so thoroughly in my Shepard that the emotional experience had fully played out when she died; any attempts to replay it would feel a hollow mimicry of the 'canon' I built, and so would bar me from truly enjoying the story another time through.

I know that feeling.

In most of my 30 something play throughs of DA:O I played as the exact same character, making the exact same decisions, because to me, nothing else would seem right...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#34TheFeshPincePosted 1/30/2013 9:06:37 PM
I completely disagree with you on this. Sure, the graphics are bad, but the gameplay is decent... and the story is great.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#35Teh_ApotheosisPosted 1/30/2013 9:12:36 PM
I picked up ME1 shortly before ME2 came out because a friend said I had to play it. I loved the story, but even before I played ME2 for the first time, I didn't enjoy the combat system that much. There was too much menu slogging (for me anyways) and I just thought the combat system was a bit too slow for my liking. I was really shocked because I've played tons of rpgs and didn't see this coming.

I've replayed ME2 a few times, and ME3 once, but I don't think I'll ever go back to ME1. I haven't replayed 2 since 3 came out (but I probably will at some point). I'm hoping it's as good as I remember.
#36RustyShacklefrdPosted 1/30/2013 9:23:32 PM
I'm on my 4th time through. Played once as Manshep for myself, once as Femshep for myself and my fiance, once to romance Tali, and the current time to build original Femshep up so we can play Omega since my Xbox wiped my save unexpectedly.
#37bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:25:32 PM
I have always wanted to replay, but never been able to, it is the sudden drop in quality after having not played it for so long that has pt me off.

I wanted 2 mansheps and 3 femshep playthroughs of the entire series, but I have only ever done the one manshep...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#38Spider5800Posted 1/30/2013 11:18:34 PM
I can't do it, but that's mostly because I hate playing ME1. So boring to play compared to the other two.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!