Trouble using Soldier Class on Gold

#18bitPunkPosted 1/29/2013 4:49:26 PM
I usually run an N7 Destroyer w/ Saber and Reegar Carbine. (Saber instead of Harrier to minimize time exposed while still keeping damage up)

While I scored almost 100k (second place) for my last Gold game, it really feels like I have to struggle to do well (use all 5x of my Cobra's, ammo consumables) compared with the "Power-Based" Classes I am used to.

Also, the reduced mobility of most Soldiers (lack of a dodge/roll) really affects my gameplay.

Are there any other "easy mode" Soldier builds?

Please advise:

Manifest:
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=o%208bitPunk%20o&platform=xbox
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
#2terrysmay04Posted 1/29/2013 4:59:59 PM
Geth trooper is easy, if you want him to be tough and easy to use skip hunter mode and just douse every enemy with flamer for a moment then open up with whatever weapon your holding.

Human soldier is easy to use with a claymore/AR build or even a cryo build with concussive shot spamming.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3MalzelPosted 1/29/2013 5:00:46 PM
You have a Harrier. There you go.

While the Reegar takes advantage of the clip size buffs from Devastator Mode, it doesn't benefit from the increased accuracy. Try the Piranha or something.

Or use the Batarian Soldier with a Reegar/Piranha.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#4SomboSteelPosted 1/29/2013 5:02:09 PM
Haha i was gonna suggest the Vorcha or the Geth, but i guess not. They are they true EZ mode soldiers. You could do the Turian Havoc with the Raider or Wraith. Stim packs will help keep you going, and they have a nice dodge for you to utilize.
#5JamItInPosted 1/29/2013 5:05:47 PM
Trooper and Destroyer should be fairly easy to work with in Gold. For the Trooper I only equip the geth pulse rifle since it has two damage bonuses tied to the character, then an assault rifle amp, and decent ammo. But then again, just about any character you outfit with a decent weapon, suitable weapon amp, and decent ammo should make it cake.
---
Uh huh uh uh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. ~ Jay-Z Hard Knock Life
#6OverheadneroPosted 1/29/2013 5:07:44 PM(edited)
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/Human/OAQNR/Claymore10AO5AP5/////

Use AR to instant reload your claymore, then reload cancel to shave off that extra second.
Just point and shoot at anything and they will die.
Use appropriate equipment.
---
The King of Nothing
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3883776084_f018034c0b.jpg
#7HueyFremanPosted 1/29/2013 5:11:12 PM
*Looks at manifest*

Well, your 2 easiest answers are out so I would first suggest getting reserve packs.

However, for more immediate advice
- Claymore Human Soldier
- Destroyer is good with Harrier or Pirahna (if you get that PPR or Typhoon, either is good as well)
- I've really started getting into the Batarian Soldier with Harpoon Gun and/or Wraith.
- Turian Soldier w/ Revenant

Your best weapons seem to be the Harrier, Spike thrower, Widow, Claymore, Wraith, and Reegar (not in that order).
---
Just slam your "cry to mod" button before you bore me to sleep" -meteor9898
#8code_kirinPosted 1/29/2013 5:14:55 PM
Saber honestly isn't that good, despite what Saber fanboys will tell you. You need to headshot with it to make up for the gun's weaknesses. Typhoon and Particle Rifle are much better weapons for the Destroyer. You can even try Piranha as a main arm. Revenant might work if you compensate for the recoil with mods.
#98bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:39:52 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
Geth trooper is easy, if you want him to be tough and easy to use skip hunter mode and just douse every enemy with flamer for a moment then open up with whatever weapon your holding.

Human soldier is easy to use with a claymore/AR build or even a cryo build with concussive shot spamming.

I dont have the Geth Trooper.

What is the "cryo" build? You mean just use Cryo Ammo for Concussive shot?
---
#108bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:40:35 PM
Malzel posted...
You have a Harrier. There you go.

While the Reegar takes advantage of the clip size buffs from Devastator Mode, it doesn't benefit from the increased accuracy. Try the Piranha or something.

Or use the Batarian Soldier with a Reegar/Piranha.

The Harrier feels underwhelming at Level 1.

I'll try the Batarian Soldier and the Piranha.
---