Trouble using Soldier Class on Gold

#21MegaTape13Posted 1/29/2013 5:20:54 PM
Cryo ammo isn't completely terrible, guys. Armor weakening and speed reduction is still a lot better than nothing, or Explosive Ammo, or even Disruptor/Phasic Rounds in that particular case.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#22code_kirinPosted 1/29/2013 5:45:09 PM
Cryo ammo is bad unless you have shatter CS or freeze combo incinerate to make use of it. It is better than explosive though.

Also, I don't really consider Flamer scrub geth trooper, vorcha soldier, batarian soldier, or krogan soldier to be real soldiers. They're almost tech classes, honestly. Anything that gets kills primarily with weapons is a soldier in my book. Turian Sentinel is a good example of an honorary soldier, as is Geth Engineer.
#238bitPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:53:43 PM
MegaTape13 posted...
Unfortunately, Geth Trooper and Vorcha are hands down the easiest because of Flamer and their great durability...

General notes:
- Once at level 4 or 5, the High Velocity Barrel (shotguns) is better than the High Caliber at least for Soldiers and Infiltrators
- Adrenaline Mods can greatly improve the survivability of classes that cannot dodge
- Once you get the Grenade gear to level 4 or 5, basically always put it on grenade classes. Grenades are very strong and spammable, and you have 255 Thermal Clips to use.

Hah, you noticed I've been hoarding the Thermal Clips. It makes Cobra/Med Packs drop more often.

I'm really interested in trying out your Batarian build and the Human Falcon Build.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
#24gunholePosted 1/29/2013 5:55:34 PM
MegaTape13 posted...
Cryo ammo isn't completely terrible, guys. Armor weakening and speed reduction is still a lot better than nothing, or Explosive Ammo, or even Disruptor/Phasic Rounds in that particular case.

it is in this case. HVB would make cryo ammo mostly redundant on a claymore.

you sure cryo would be > phasic on a claymore...?
---
*gamertag
#25charon78auPosted 1/29/2013 5:57:05 PM
Revenant works fine on the destroyer if you don't have a Typhoon or PPR.
Harrier too.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#26MegaTape13Posted 1/29/2013 6:14:25 PM
gunhole posted...
MegaTape13 posted...

it is in this case. HVB would make cryo ammo mostly redundant on a claymore.

you sure cryo would be > phasic on a claymore...?

His HVB is at lv 2 or something, so the High Caliber Barrel is better. In that situation, especially on Gold, Armor reduction from Cryo Ammo is useful. That's what I'm referring too. Although with a HVB 5, I would agree that Cryo Ammo isn't very beneficial.

I would basically never use Phasic Rounds on a Claymore because it's already very strong and shield gating isn't much of an issue for shotguns. It would only really be handy against a few bosses and maybe Phantoms. I would prefer to save PRs for Snipers, or maybe even SMGs/ARs vs the Geth if I'm using a class that can't rapidly detonate Tech Bursts or something.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13