Why are people so bad with the Volus?

#11Spartan070Posted 1/30/2013 3:29:01 PM
People try and play the Volus like any other character, the mechanics are so different.

Not being able to jump cover.
Using the melee shield/cloak properly.
Knowing when to lay down Recon Mines so you dont get stuck with a long recharge when you need the Shield Boost.
Knowing when to blow the Recon and when to leave it so your damage dealers can abuse the debuff.
etc, etc, etc...

Same for the Adept, don't have the other two yet.
#12NafzgerPosted 1/30/2013 4:22:29 PM
Maybe because they leave in the middle of wave 7 platinum to send a message.

Twice.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#13Jedi_MercenaryPosted 1/30/2013 4:22:41 PM
If you play Gold Geth, a Widow X with Phasic Rounds can kill most Geth with one hit. I've found this brilliant on the Mercenary. He doesn't need a good cooldown as much as the other Volus, his decoy distracts all enemies that matter and the Volus can't get the recoil control and accuracy boosts that other races can from cover, so the one shot nature suits him well especially with him being an excellent reload canceller.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#14GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:17:00 PM
Nafzger posted...

Twice.

I actually sent just one message. Stop twisting the story.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#15manbearpig654Posted 1/30/2013 5:35:22 PM
I will freely admit that I think I suck with the Volus super hard. But I really can't wrap my mind around how bad some people can be. Even with just a scorpion with cryo rounds I can still put up a decent score while keeping at least one guy alive.
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#16NafzgerPosted 1/30/2013 6:57:46 PM(edited)
GoldenSWarriors posted...
Nafzger posted...

Twice.

I actually sent just one message. Stop twisting the story.

Oh, that's right...the first time, you were stopping to read a message
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#17Precious_RoyPosted 1/30/2013 8:17:22 PM
Most of the time when somebody is a Volus they never shield boost me, or when the Volus is using shield boost a lot, they score like 20k-40k points. How is that even possible? I just played a platinum game with the Volus engineer and got 230k points. Topped the scoreboard even with 2 Huntresses and a Geth Trooper on the team, all using level 3/4 equipment. I also kept everybody alive pretty well. I was the only person with a revive medal.

The Volus are all so good, I don't understand how everyone is so terrible with them. I could see maybe getting a low score with the Sentinel, since it has no offensive powers (combat drone doesn't count). But there is no excuse at all for getting less than 60-70k in a gold/platinum game with any character ever.

You only did so well because my huntress softened them up first. I stopped at 150K so as not to make your experience unenjoyable. You're welcome.

Oh and stop injecting HGH into that little bastard. Ray Lewis XXVI needs all the juice he can get!
#18GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:31:04 PM
Precious_Roy posted...
Most of the time when somebody is a Volus they never shield boost me, or when the Volus is using shield boost a lot, they score like 20k-40k points. How is that even possible? I just played a platinum game with the Volus engineer and got 230k points. Topped the scoreboard even with 2 Huntresses and a Geth Trooper on the team, all using level 3/4 equipment. I also kept everybody alive pretty well. I was the only person with a revive medal.

The Volus are all so good, I don't understand how everyone is so terrible with them. I could see maybe getting a low score with the Sentinel, since it has no offensive powers (combat drone doesn't count). But there is no excuse at all for getting less than 60-70k in a gold/platinum game with any character ever.

You only did so well because my huntress softened them up first. I stopped at 150K so as not to make your experience unenjoyable. You're welcome.

Oh and stop injecting HGH into that little bastard. Ray Lewis XXVI needs all the juice he can get!

Ray Lewis doesn't stand a chance against the niners.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#19MalzelPosted 1/30/2013 8:34:50 PM
I played a Gold match with the V.Sentinel and scored over 130000. Probably helps that I was using a Piranha, but still.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#20DividerByZeroPosted 1/30/2013 9:24:28 PM
I only have the Adept, and I mainly just Stasis everything, Boost when teammates near me lose shields, and rely on teammates to kill and detonate. I also debuff bosses with my Orbs.

I get 50k on Gold on average. Is that a good score? No. Am I happy for using a Carnifex I and never killing a boss on my own? Yes.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg