Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Patch 1.05 coming later today.

#21ManaYukaPosted 1/30/2013 6:17:05 PM
Still no fixing of the shadow striking atlas glitch?

I was encouraged when Chris said that was an unexpected turn of events when the collectors where released, but I guess he forgot because they havent fixed it yet ugh somone of the BSN should remind them.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#22TheFeshPincePosted 1/30/2013 6:18:44 PM
fennell92 posted...
Between this and the new dlc I'm considering coming out of retirement a whopping 3 days after going into it...

haha, ya it's been 2 for me.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#23iamdanthamanPosted 1/30/2013 6:19:28 PM
I'm betting that there is more in this patch that is not being told to us. With the major changes rumored to be in the next mp dlc, this patch probably lays the groundwork for all of that.
---
All your base are belong to us
#24BakusaiTenketsuPosted 1/30/2013 6:28:11 PM
I have (to my knowledge) never played with a missile glitcher. Was it really that big of a problem?
---
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3156/couchpotatocat.gif
#25fennell92Posted 1/30/2013 6:32:05 PM
BakusaiTenketsu posted...
I have (to my knowledge) never played with a missile glitcher. Was it really that big of a problem?

They were rampant on platinum from my experience.
#26Havoc49JPosted 1/30/2013 6:35:32 PM
BakusaiTenketsu posted...

It was the one-two punch of missile glitchers and rio campers that caused some difficulty in finding legitimate platinum matches. Missile glitching on its own was a mild annoyance at best if you had a friend to help vote them out.
#27giantqtipzPosted 1/30/2013 6:44:37 PM
i encountered one glitcher yesterday.

i just started playing the game altogether SP and MP (though i played the MP demo A LOT last year so it didnt take me long to get used to the game again).

at first i thought that the guy was just using his power, but then i realized, its a drell... he has no rocket launcher power thingy. he was also killing everything with one shot, though i dont see any projectile or rockets or explosions, so it was definitely fishy.

i then just assumed that its a glitch.
#28find no fan tar seaPosted 1/30/2013 6:46:13 PM
Havoc49J posted...
I'm glad to see that bioware is still supporting the MP. But if they're only weakening collectors and fixing missile glitchers this patch is wasted on me. Neither of these should be priorities imo.

So what are the priorities then?
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#29Capcom AllstarPosted 1/30/2013 6:54:12 PM
so what are the chances this patch breaks more things than it fixes??
---
http://img.imgcake.com/CapcomAllstar/IMG0437PNGej.png
#30Havoc49JPosted 1/30/2013 7:02:08 PM
find no fan tar sea posted...
Havoc49J posted...
I'm glad to see that bioware is still supporting the MP. But if they're only weakening collectors and fixing missile glitchers this patch is wasted on me. Neither of these should be priorities imo.

So what are the priorities then?

My stance is that glitches which cause parts of the game to negatively affect every player should be fixed first. Missile glitching is a purposely executed exploit which can be combated by voting to kick them in the lobby. Entering a game only to find that your teammates and enemies are invisible is a unavoidable bug that affects everyones gaming experience.

Like wise, certain characters are held back by bad coding and are therefore not at their intended level or require a specific play style to work around these errors. Such as the Shadow's Shadow Strike not hitting an Atlas's or the Huntress's Tactical Cloak not affecting weapon damage which makes primarily weapon based builds difficult.

The Collectors power combo resistance was obviously an intended feature since no other faction has similar resistances. The fact that the Praetarians barrier, seeker swarms, and the lowered damage all combine to make power classes less affective was just poor planning. By this point the community has already learned to cope. I believe that some steps should be taken to migrate this, but I wouldn't rate it as a high level issue.