The easiest class in SP

#1zirizePosted 1/30/2013 7:32:06 PM
Sentinel (with No Tech armor, 200% Recharge speed, imported new game)

Need to focus on increasing Shepard and Liara's recharge speed. With proper passive powers and equipment, Shepard's overload recharge time will be up to about 2 sec maybe less. Biotic combo reset throw's recharge time. You rarely have to change your position except grenades. Liara's Singularity has very short recharge time with Liara's pure biotic(6 rank). Singularity is more useful then stasis in this tactics because it's short recharge time and works for covered enemies and throw does not need to aim like gun. You don't usually need to revival your squad except Liara but you will be better to keep Liara or both safe position. You have to control manually squad's powers. Insanity difficulty is no more insanity except grenades and Banshees if you have Leviathan DLC.

Basic Tactics :

vs no protected => Singularity(Liara) + Throw
vs shield/barrier => Overload(Shepard) + Singularity(Liara) + Throw or Slam(Javik, no delay)
vs armored => Warp(Shepard) + Throw . Also Incinerate(EDI) and Dark Channel(Javik) are useful.
(Only time to shoot with guns for killing enemies. Do not use Liara's warp as possible because she have to handle other enemies with stasis and singularity during killing armored target.)
vs turrets => you can hardly see them because you can usually wipe out Cerberus engineers before deploying them.
vs Phantoms => just same as barrier one. If you are not good at aiming, Liara's stasis(1 or 2 rank) will be helpful.
vs generators => Overload
vs geth turrets and drones => Overload
vs geth prime or pyro => sabotage(Tali)

Bonus power:
Dominate(Leviathan DLC) : Specially useful on Brutes and Ravagers. It makes you invulnerable except Grenades, Banshees and Harvesters. Harvesters are usually not difficult to handle due to the nature of biotic attack needs little time to uncover to kill. Clear out other enemies first before killing the Harvesters if you can. You need to kill dominated enemies first because they can immune.

Weapon:
M7 Paladin is best, but Scorpion is also good.

Squad:
Liara is essential. Other member can be anyone, because Shepard will be almighty. But Javik is best among them because he has Slam.

Important Powers:

Overload(Shepard)
Rank 4(Chain Overload) => Rank 5(Recharge Speed) => Rank 6 (Shield Damage)

Overload(Others)
Rank 4(Damage) => Rank 5(Recharge Speed) => Rank 6 (Shield Damage)

Throw
Rank 4(Force) => Rank 5(Recharge Combo) => Rank 6 (Double Throw)
You don't need Rank 5(Detonate) because of Rank 6 (Double Throw). You can usually hit both throws at one target.

Offensive Mastery
Rank 4 (Force & Damage) => Rank 5 (anything you want) => Rank 6 (Force & Damage)

Pure Biotic(Liara T'Soni)
Rank 4 ( Recharge Speed ) => Rank 5 ( Duration & Force) = Rank 6 (Singularity Recharge)

Singularity(Liara T'Soni)
Rank 4(Duration) => Rank 5 (Recharge Speed)
Rank 6 no need.

Warp
Rank 4 (Detonate) => Rank 5 ( I'm not sure) => Rank 6 ( Recharge speed)

Slam(Javik)
Rank 4 (Force) => Rank 5 (Detonate) => Rank 6 (Recharge Speed)

Dominate
Rank 4 ( Recharge Speed ) => Rank 5 ( Damage) => Rank 6 (Vulnerability)

Lift Grenade
Rarely use. Choose force and damage.

Cryo Blast
useless

Tech Armor
No need
#2sir_fredingtonPosted 1/30/2013 7:33:20 PM
All the classes are easy in SP.
#3MassEffectDudePosted 1/30/2013 7:37:10 PM
sir_fredington posted...
All the classes are easy in SP.

This. Single player is way too easy (even on insanity) to ever worry about having a planned strategy. I mean you can literally stop time. It doesn't get much easier.
---
Gamertag - OptimusGamer81
#4LilyxLightningPosted 1/30/2013 7:38:28 PM(edited)
Why would you take Recharge Combo on Throw when the power is going to nigh-instantly recharge anyway? The same could also be said about Recharge Speed on Overload.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#5SageOfLifePosted 1/30/2013 8:12:17 PM
My Sentinel could beat yours into next week.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#6manbearpig654Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:50 PM
Vanguard is better.
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#7sheepman23Posted 1/30/2013 8:47:23 PM
I'd say that the Adept is the easiest class. The reworking of bioplosions makes it so easy to tear up every single enemy, regardless of protection... I use this build:

Singularity (6) - Duration, Recharge Speed, Expand
Warp (6) - Detonate, Expose, Pierce
Throw (6) - Radius, Detonate, Double Throw
Shockwave (6) - Radius, Detonate, Recharge Speed
Pull (3)
Cluster Grenade (6) - Force & Damage, Damage Combo, Shrapnel
Biotic Mastery (6) - Damage & Force, Squad Bonus, Combo Mastery
Fitness (6) - all barriers
Reave (6) - Radius, Damage Reduction, Damage & Duration

I've tried a few different bonus powers with this build (including Stasis and Dominate), but ultimately I like Reave for the damage reduction. Stasis can be really good too for Phantoms if Liara isn't on your squad, and Dominate is also kind of a fun power.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8sir_fredingtonPosted 1/30/2013 9:03:30 PM(edited)
I agree that the adept is the easiest due to the new power combos system in this game.

my build is quite simple:
double pull (mapped)
reave (bonus power, mapped)
double throw (mapped)
cluster grenade (on the power wheel)

you don't need anything else.

And TC, your sentinel build is, to be quite honest, not very good. I agree with taking overload, warp, and throw as your 3 main powers, but the way you've specced them is...well, unusual, to say the least.

I would suggest:
overload - chain overload, neural shock (for improved crowd control), shield damage
warp - detonate, expose (debuffs tough enemies), pierce (way more valuable than recharge speed)
throw - radius (for improved crowd control), detonate (why would you not take this?), double throw (again, for improved crowd control)

basically, taking a recharge speed upgrade is a huge waste, especially considering what you're giving up and the boosts that shepard gets from his/her passives and various armor pieces and upgrades you can get from glyph's terminal.
#9sheepman23Posted 1/30/2013 9:07:24 PM
sir_fredington posted...
my build is quite simple:
double pull (mapped)
reave (bonus power, mapped)
double throw (mapped)
cluster grenade (on the power wheel)

In my build, I only ever really use Warp, Reave, Shockwave (all mapped powers), Throw, and Cluster Grenade.

Singularity and Pull don't have many uses outside of Guardian shields.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#10AigonrothPosted 1/30/2013 9:15:30 PM
Your Sentinel build bites TC, just saying.

Also yeah Adept, Vanguard, and Infiltrator are all better.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.