C/D: Volus should be able to boost shields of pets.

#1sheepman23Posted 1/30/2013 10:03:11 PM
After getting about 6 or 7 matches with the Volus Mercenary under my belt, I'm realizing that he's really not a bad character at all. He's particularly effective against Cerberus and Geth, where lots of the enemies rush to the Decoy and are easily stunned by the Drone.

However, I've been thinking about his skill set and how both Decoy and Combat Drone have shields - therefore, if the pets are on our side, why can't the Volus boost their shields? I'm not saying it would be a life-changing thing, but having a slightly more durable Decoy/Drone could be nice at times.

Of course, if Shield Boost were able to boost shields of pets, this would end up applying to the Sentry Turret and Geth Turret as well, and could be done by any of the Volus.

So, do you think it'd be neat if this feature was implemented for Shield Boost and all pet powers?
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#2NickiousPosted 1/30/2013 10:10:10 PM
It wouldn't be that big of a deal because don't most of the pets have time limits for how long they can be out anyway.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#3sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:13:52 PM
Nickious posted...
It wouldn't be that big of a deal because don't most of the pets have time limits for how long they can be out anyway.

I thought Decoy was the only one that had an actual duration - the others are destroyed after their shields are dropped if I'm correct.

Like I said in my post, it wouldn't be a game-changing feature, but it'd help synergize the Mercenary's skill set even more.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4GoldenSWarriorsPosted 1/30/2013 10:14:51 PM
He's already OP enough.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#5CharmilePosted 1/30/2013 10:17:34 PM
Nickious posted...

Only the Decoy for now; defense Drone will if it gets in
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#6GoldenSWarriorsPosted 1/30/2013 10:20:10 PM
But the drone flies around and you would have to follow it lol.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#7herduliekmudkipPosted 1/30/2013 10:26:06 PM
dddddddddd
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#8SSJGrimReaperPosted 1/30/2013 11:55:21 PM
C/D Volus should have a pelvic thrust heavy melee
---
The Shredder.
http://i.imgur.com/9YYgh0W.gif http://i.imgur.com/UlhIAMC.gif
#9Jedi_MercenaryPosted 1/31/2013 2:21:47 AM
I prefer not to stand by my Decoy, but could be nice for a healing Geth Turret I suppose. This is kind of a "why not" idea. I wouldn't feel forced to bring a Geth Engineer to every game that has a Mercenary but it could be a nice feature.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#10sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:40:43 AM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
But the drone flies around and you would have to follow it lol.

True, but it's just one of those things where if it's close by, you can Shield Boost it; if not, then too bad.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342