Are the Phoenix characters rare, ultra-rare, or what?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Are the Phoenix characters rare, ultra-rare, or what?

User Info: soju

soju
4 years ago#1
Because I haven't unlocked a single one. I have plenty of Volus though. I'm wondering what packs I should be buying in my useless attempts to unlock Phoenix characters. I've been buying Reinforcements and Premium Specter packs. Just carry on with those and sacrifice a chicken to the RNG?

User Info: YamatoBeats

YamatoBeats
4 years ago#2
Rare.

User Info: Jedi_Mercenary

Jedi_Mercenary
4 years ago#3
You think a mere chicken will satisfy the RNG? I had serious problems with unlocking the second Phoenix as well. But when the new dlc came I decided to sacrifice my 3 favorite cows (they were all virgins), but the mighty RNG didn't find me worthy of the new dlc stuff but was merciful enough to give me the Phoenix character I no longer cared about.
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."

User Info: Havoc49J

Havoc49J
4 years ago#4
Despite the Volus having the UR tag they are just as common as any rare character. It was likely a minor joke by the bioware team.

User Info: soju

soju
4 years ago#5
Hmm. Rare huh? So would it be wiser to invests in regular Specter packs then?

And if you sacrificed three cows and only got one, I may have to bump it up to virgin.

User Info: AllDay524

AllDay524
4 years ago#6
Despite the Volus having the UR tag they are just as common as any rare character. It was likely a minor joke by the bioware team.

They have they're own slot in the RNG, so when it comes down to it , ONLY Volus can fill that spot.
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
4 years ago#7
Havoc49J posted...

Eh, they seem to be rarer than Rare, but less so than UR. I hadn't played for a while before they were released, so I had in the neighborhood of 12 classes locked, and managed to max all of them before unlocking the Volus Engineer, and had two adept cards at that point.

I was getting IV consumables for a while before they were finally maxed.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

User Info: Talon5967

Talon5967
4 years ago#8
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
You think a mere chicken will satisfy the RNG? I had serious problems with unlocking the second Phoenix as well. But when the new dlc came I decided to sacrifice my 3 favorite cows (they were all virgins), but the mighty RNG didn't find me worthy of the new dlc stuff but was merciful enough to give me the Phoenix character I no longer cared about.

I think that was the reason why.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Are the Phoenix characters rare, ultra-rare, or what?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived