Are the Phoenix characters rare, ultra-rare, or what?

#1sojuPosted 1/31/2013 9:53:56 AM
Because I haven't unlocked a single one. I have plenty of Volus though. I'm wondering what packs I should be buying in my useless attempts to unlock Phoenix characters. I've been buying Reinforcements and Premium Specter packs. Just carry on with those and sacrifice a chicken to the RNG?
#2YamatoBeatsPosted 1/31/2013 9:56:15 AM
Rare.
#3Jedi_MercenaryPosted 1/31/2013 9:58:26 AM
You think a mere chicken will satisfy the RNG? I had serious problems with unlocking the second Phoenix as well. But when the new dlc came I decided to sacrifice my 3 favorite cows (they were all virgins), but the mighty RNG didn't find me worthy of the new dlc stuff but was merciful enough to give me the Phoenix character I no longer cared about.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#4Havoc49JPosted 1/31/2013 9:58:58 AM
Despite the Volus having the UR tag they are just as common as any rare character. It was likely a minor joke by the bioware team.
#5soju(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:11:35 AM
Hmm. Rare huh? So would it be wiser to invests in regular Specter packs then?

And if you sacrificed three cows and only got one, I may have to bump it up to virgin.
#6AllDay524Posted 1/31/2013 11:34:25 AM
Despite the Volus having the UR tag they are just as common as any rare character. It was likely a minor joke by the bioware team.

They have they're own slot in the RNG, so when it comes down to it , ONLY Volus can fill that spot.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#7infinitexxPosted 1/31/2013 11:58:46 AM
Havoc49J posted...

Eh, they seem to be rarer than Rare, but less so than UR. I hadn't played for a while before they were released, so I had in the neighborhood of 12 classes locked, and managed to max all of them before unlocking the Volus Engineer, and had two adept cards at that point.

I was getting IV consumables for a while before they were finally maxed.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8Talon5967Posted 1/31/2013 12:39:02 PM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
You think a mere chicken will satisfy the RNG? I had serious problems with unlocking the second Phoenix as well. But when the new dlc came I decided to sacrifice my 3 favorite cows (they were all virgins), but the mighty RNG didn't find me worthy of the new dlc stuff but was merciful enough to give me the Phoenix character I no longer cared about.

I think that was the reason why.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.