Correct me if wrong, but is this when I should play the ME 3 DLC packs? SPOILERS

#1the_old_daysPosted 1/31/2013 1:57:26 PM
I haven't played ME 3 yet, but before I start I wanted to make sure I'm going to do the DLC at the optimal times. I've researched a bit trying to maintain as spoiler free as possible. This is what I've read:

From Ashes: after recruiting Garrus

Omega: after the Thressia portion of the game.

Leviathan: Right before the point of no return (not sure when this is, but I assume I'll be able to figure it out).
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#2ozzyman314Posted 1/31/2013 2:20:41 PM
From Ashes after getting Garrus

Omega after Citadel II(when it is attacked)

Leviathan after Thessia
---
Loading Signature..........
#3ZERO2936Posted 1/31/2013 2:25:13 PM(edited)
You should do From Ashes after Priority: Sur'Kesh on your first playthrough. Doing the former before the latter makes a certain boss sorta redundant.

You should do Omega either directly before or directly after the second Priority: Citadel mission from what I've heard, but definitely not as late as Thessia (and doing anything between Thessia and the next priority mission is stupid anyway, due to the way the story is paced).

And yes, Leviathan should be done directly before the point of no return. It doesn't make sense anywhere else. I can't really explain why without getting into spoiler territory.
#4luridedithPosted 1/31/2013 2:21:14 PM
Actually this works better:

Omega - after Citadel coup

Leviathan - after Thessia
#5Eamon696Posted 1/31/2013 2:26:30 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
From Ashes after getting Garrus

Omega after Citadel II(when it is attacked)

Leviathan after Thessia
#6Talon5967Posted 1/31/2013 2:53:04 PM
ZERO2936 posted...
You should do From Ashes after Priority: Sur'Kesh on your first playthrough. Doing the former before the latter makes a certain boss sorta redundant.

I was always in the camp that From Ashes should be done right after getting Garrus, but this is a good point. That enemy gets a special "Oh S***!" introduction during Sur'Kesh. But if you do From Ashes before that, you'll have already fought one, and it kind of loses a lot of its effect.

On the other hand, the character you get from From Ashes has some priceless lines during Sur'Kesh. So it's a choice between missing those lines, or spoiling a "boss" introduction.

Omega is generally considered to pair vary well with the Citadel mission. You can almost look at it as two parts of the same mission set. Though I think doing it immediately after the Citadel would be best.

Leviathan is actually broken up into three parts. The first two can be done any time, though it seems best to space the first two out. I agree that the third part would be better done late, as it ties in with the end game events and the game's ending.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#7ZERO2936Posted 1/31/2013 3:13:13 PM(edited)
Talon5967 posted...
Leviathan is actually broken up into three parts. The first two can be done any time, though it seems best to space the first two out. I agree that the third part would be better done late, as it ties in with the end game events and the game's ending.

Though it should be noted that the first Leviathan mission should be completed after Attican Traverse: Krogan Team and Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery(minor spoiler in the tag) , for similar reasons to Sur'Kesh.
#8andyt73Posted 1/31/2013 3:18:03 PM
I never get why people say do Levi or indeed any dlc after Thessia, it makes no sense story wise. Think about it you have just had the one thing that you need to end the war snatched out from under your grasp, you have knowledge of where the person who stole it went, and yet instead of following hot on his heels you instead undertake a whole new mission

For me I do Omega after Palaven (Menae) and from Ashes and Omega after the Citadel coup as that seems like the only natural break in the storyline
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!
#9Wii0playerPosted 1/31/2013 3:54:44 PM
andyt73 posted...
I never get why people say do Levi or indeed any dlc after Thessia, it makes no sense story wise. Think about it you have just had the one thing that you need to end the war snatched out from under your grasp, you have knowledge of where the person who stole it went, and yet instead of following hot on his heels you instead undertake a whole new mission

Because the Leviathans know everything. If Leviathan wasn't dlc, encountering them early on would most likely change the entire story.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#10AU1Posted 1/31/2013 4:25:32 PM
ZERO2936 posted...

I haven't played campaign in a while but don't you see that 'certain boss' during Grissom Academy?

I also just realized that I haven't had a game other than ME3 in my xbox for any appreciable amount of time for nearly a year!! And the messageboard is still in the top 5 for gamefaqs.
---
Game FAQs message board account... Free (I think?!)
Seeing the face of 30 9th graders after the teacher says 'epic fail' in math class... priceless