Turns on ME3, downloads patch, imports ME2 character, starts new game.....

#1wrexwrecksPosted 1/31/2013 3:34:34 PM
Discovered that all but 18 points have already been distributed. In fact, the distribution matches where that character left off in ME2 with 18 extra points for some reason.

Is it just me, or before when you imported a character from ME2, you had all your points refunded so you could do a full respec for ME3, right?

Did the patch change that, or what?
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#2meltor13Posted 1/31/2013 3:38:15 PM
I'm pretty sure you start with how your powers were set up in ME2, if they have a similar power in ME3.

So if you picked Heavy Charge in ME2, for instance, in ME3 you would start with your Charge power being at the Level 4 'Heavy' option, not the radius.

You can refund after Mars, I believe.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#3ZERO2936Posted 1/31/2013 3:38:15 PM
Are you using the same class as in Mass Effect 2? Based on my own experiences, I think that's what causes it.
#4iamdanthamanPosted 1/31/2013 3:51:07 PM
That has always been the case when I keep the same class from ME2.(Which I did 2 out of my 3 games)
---
All your base are belong to us
#5sir_fredingtonPosted 1/31/2013 3:54:59 PM
It's always been like this unless you pick a different class
#6LilyxLightningPosted 1/31/2013 3:58:17 PM
If you don't change your class going into ME3, then it refunds the points you put into your bonus power and gives you an extra point per level between 21 and 30 (as ME2 gave you only one point per level between 21 and 30 but ME3 gives two points per level between 2 and 30).
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#7wrexwrecks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:45:29 PM
Yeah, I'd never actually used the same class when I imported a character before.

Thanks. :-)
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#8bessy67Posted 1/31/2013 4:47:26 PM
You do get a free respec in the Normandy med bay, so you don't have to keep the same build for too long.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9Ryan-06Posted 1/31/2013 5:30:02 PM
meltor13 posted...
I'm pretty sure you start with how your powers were set up in ME2, if they have a similar power in ME3.

So if you picked Heavy Charge in ME2, for instance, in ME3 you would start with your Charge power being at the Level 4 'Heavy' option, not the radius.

You can respec in the med bay, but only the first time is free- after that it costs more credits each time. Same applies to teammates.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. I robbed a bank today, how'd I do it? It was "Achieved with CRYENGINE 3.."
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#103PiesAndAForkPosted 1/31/2013 5:46:50 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
meltor13 posted...

You can respec in the med bay, but only the first time is free- after that it costs more credits each time. Same applies to teammates.

But it's only 5000 credits. Way cheaper than ME2 respec, at least the first time around when you don't start with 50,000 eezo.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."