Do people sit in lobbies just waiting for people to join so they can boot them?

#1JamItInPosted 1/31/2013 11:08:00 PM
When it only takes a couple seconds to search and get connected to game lobby, and when you show up you already have two red Xs on you... Come on, they obviously have not had time to see your numbers or gamer card.

I normally just back out of the lobby and then submit a player review so have less of a chance of accidentally playing with jerks. It's a game. Geeze.
---
Uh huh uh uh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh. ~ Jay-Z Hard Knock Life
#2Xero_MachariusPosted 1/31/2013 11:11:35 PM
IIRC, you appear in a lobby a few moments before your game has actually loaded the lobby itself. So people DO have a chance to look at your setup before you see the lobby.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#3JamItIn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:14:49 PM
Then I guess I don't understand what the problem is, unless they think I'm going to play too aggressively.
---
#4gs_master_i_amPosted 1/31/2013 11:27:08 PM
Or it was because you have a perceived strange or unreliable build.

Or they forgot to make the lobby private and you took their friends spot. I've seen this happen quite a bit.
#5MetaIGearRexPosted 1/31/2013 11:28:35 PM
What difficulty and whats your N7 and trophy count?
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#6JamItIn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:30:36 PM
gs_master_i_am posted...

Or they forgot to make the lobby private and you took their friends spot. I've seen this happen quite a bit.

They can see my character build? Or do you mean weapon loadout and equipment? Either way it shouldn't matter as everything depends on the individual play style.
---
#7JamItIn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:32:40 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
What difficulty and whats your N7 and trophy count?

silver/gold lobby. trophy count i honestly don't know the number but I'm ranked something like 487 or 463 worldwide.

That's why I don't understand it.
---
#8ZechsPeacecraftPosted 1/31/2013 11:33:17 PM
JamItIn posted...
gs_master_i_am posted...

They can see my character build? Or do you mean weapon loadout and equipment? Either way it shouldn't matter as everything depends on the individual play style.

I'm pretty sure he meant what specific class (i.e. Volus Engineer, or Turian Havoc Soldier). They can see that, what weapons you're using as well as the add-ons, and your equipment.

My guess would be they saw what you had but didn't think you would be good enough to compete, or you were too stacked for the difficulty you were playing
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#9gs_master_i_amPosted 1/31/2013 11:36:16 PM
JamItIn posted...

Weapon loadout/equipment in the game screen and character build (as well as consumable count and all unlocks) in the N7HQ

2nd point is debatable. N7 of 120 and some challenge points should get you into most games regardless of what you're playing. Like a level 3 Fury with a crusader and an incisor or something.
#10JamItIn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:43:45 PM
gs_master_i_am posted...
JamItIn posted...

Weapon loadout/equipment in the game screen and character build (as well as consumable count and all unlocks) in the N7HQ

2nd point is debatable. N7 of 120 and some challenge points should get you into most games regardless of what you're playing. Like a level 3 Fury with a crusader and an incisor or something.

Where is this located? I've only ever seen weapons/attachments, and items equipped. Have not seen how they have character points spent on abilities or how many consumables they have available. Maybe it's there and I just never noticed. I don't know. lol
---