if Peace is unobtainable....

#101casedawgzPosted 2/1/2013 8:09:29 PM
Save the geth. They're of more immediate use to me than the quarians as far as defeating the Reapers go. Even if I later sacrifice the geth to destroy the reapers, humanity means more to me than any other species and sacrifices are refgrettable but acceptable.
#102Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 8:10:45 PM
Ok then, with the entire galaxy at war with the Reapers what friendly planet could the Quarians have landed their huge fleet on? Keep in mind that most races are not too found of the Quarians.
As I said, it was do or die for the Quarians. If they didn't attempt to retake Rannoch, they may never have had the opportunity to do it in the future.

and No it's not a different matter. You're completely ignoring my point. The Reapers only offered to help the Geth so as not to appear as a threat. There's evidence enough to suggest that the Reapers could have taken control of the Geth by force. But did not because they did not want to fight a synthetic race.
If the Quarians had not attempted to attack the Geth, the Reapers would have simply found another way to convince the Geth to join them, like they did before.

Pretty much anywhere that isn't Geth space. I mean if you can get the Krogan and the Turians to ally together you can sure as hell get the Quarians to ally with others. Why wouldn't they have a chance to retake Rannoch after the war? If anything the Geth would have progressed more with their sphere thing and moved there away from Rannoch. I get your point that the Reapers could have forcibly controlled the Geth, but remember what you said "The Geth already sided with The Reapers once, Whose to say they wouldn't have done it again even if the Quarians did not attack them?". Again, you're saying voluntarily join the Reapers. They would have had absolutely no reason to do so if the Quarians didn't attack. These are the Geth that just want to be left alone to build their sphere. The Reapers can offer them nothing to convince them to join.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#103ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:12:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#104ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:31:55 PM
Shah138 posted...
Ok then, with the entire galaxy at war with the Reapers what friendly planet could the Quarians have landed their huge fleet on? Keep in mind that most races are not too found of the Quarians.
As I said, it was do or die for the Quarians. If they didn't attempt to retake Rannoch, they may never have had the opportunity to do it in the future.

and No it's not a different matter. You're completely ignoring my point. The Reapers only offered to help the Geth so as not to appear as a threat. There's evidence enough to suggest that the Reapers could have taken control of the Geth by force. But did not because they did not want to fight a synthetic race.
If the Quarians had not attempted to attack the Geth, the Reapers would have simply found another way to convince the Geth to join them, like they did before.

Pretty much anywhere that isn't Geth space. I mean if you can get the Krogan and the Turians to ally together you can sure as hell get the Quarians to ally with others. Why wouldn't they have a chance to retake Rannoch after the war? If anything the Geth would have progressed more with their sphere thing and moved there away from Rannoch. I get your point that the Reapers could have forcibly controlled the Geth, but remember what you said "The Geth already sided with The Reapers once, Whose to say they wouldn't have done it again even if the Quarians did not attack them?". Again, you're saying voluntarily join the Reapers. They would have had absolutely no reason to do so if the Quarians didn't attack. These are the Geth that just want to be left alone to build their sphere. The Reapers can offer them nothing to convince them to join.

I don't think many races would be too keen on accepting help from a race that lost their own homeworld hundreds of years ago to an AI species far less advanced then the Reapers. Now if they were to prove themselves by correcting their mistake and destroying the Geth, that would give them the respect of the other races.

In the end; War with Synthetics is inevitable. The Reapers with their billion year old knowledge say it, the Catalyst says it, Javik and the Quarians prove it.
So why help the Synthetics? When regrettably, history is not on their side.
No Synthetics = No Conflict.
---
Loading Signature..........
#105Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 8:52:19 PM(edited)
I don't think many races would be too keen on accepting help from a race that lost their own homeworld hundreds of years ago to an AI species far less advanced then the Reapers. Now if they were to prove themselves by correcting their mistake and destroying the Geth, that would give them the respect of the other races.

In the end; War with Synthetics is inevitable. The Reapers with their billion year old knowledge say it, the Catalyst says it, Javik and the Quarians prove it.
No Synthetics = No Conflict

Really? You think they'd deny help from the biggest fleet in the galaxy because of that? The last thing everybody wants is the Quarians going to war with the Geth and wasting precious resources which could be used in fighting the Reapers. The Protheans had problems with the Zha'til because the Reapers took them over, not because the AI said "f*** you we're robots so we're going to kill you". Same thing with the Geth. They didn't just get up one day and start blasting people in the face, they retaliated because they got shot at. You have to know why the synthetics are fighting, it's not always instantly because they're synthetics. Don't shoot the synthetics and you wont' have a problem. It's like punching a lion in the face and getting mauled and then saying there wouldn't be a problem if the lion wasn't there. It's your own damn fault for touching it in the first place. It isn't just the existence of something that causes a problem, it's what it does to you or what you do to it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#106foxopPosted 2/1/2013 8:58:13 PM
Geth. The Quarians have obviously not learnt anything from their last war with the Geth, and only care about themselves, while the Geth merely want to be left alone and not repeatedly attacked. Pretty sure the Geth have the moral high ground here.
---
Gears of Halo 4: Black Ops II
#107ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:19:43 PM(edited)
Shah138 posted...

Really? You think they'd deny help from the biggest fleet in the galaxy because of that? The last thing everybody wants is the Quarians going to war with the Geth and wasting precious resources which could be used in fighting the Reapers. The Protheans had problems with the Zha'til because the Reapers took them over, not because the AI said "f*** you we're robots so we're going to kill you". Same thing with the Geth. They didn't just get up one day and start blasting people in the face, they retaliated because they got shot at. You have to know why the synthetics are fighting, it's not always instantly because they're synthetics.

Care to back up that claim on the Zha'til? I don't recall Javik ever saying the Reapers took them over. All I recall is him saying that they used AI technology to enhance their intelligence to save their world. and that the AI eventually overpowered and took control of the organic half. As far as I know, it was never specified that the reapers had anything to do with them.

The way I'm understanding it now, it seems the Geth would prefer to sit back and watch the rest of the galaxy be harvested if it meant their survival.
---
#108Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 9:31:51 PM(edited)
Care to back up that claim on the Zha'til? I don't recall Javik ever saying the Reapers took them over. All I recall is him saying that they used AI technology to enhance their intelligence to save their world. and that the AI eventually overpowered and took control of the organic half. As far as I know, it was never specified that the reapers had anything to do with them.

The way I'm understanding it now, it seems the Geth would prefer to sit back and watch the rest of the galaxy be harvested if it meant their survival.

I can't find the video but the line is "Javik: In my cycle, a race called the Zha used machines, the Zha'til, as synthetic symbiotes.
The Reapers subjugated the Zha'til as they have the geth. Their mechanical swarms blotted out the sky. They were brutal, merciless". Apparently you can hear this on the Geth Dreadnought mission. I think I said this earlier, but I'll say it anyways, the Geth were planning on attacking the Reapers, not sitting by while everybody dies.
---
#109Chr0noidPosted 2/1/2013 9:32:34 PM
The only thing worse than getting sidetracked into a war when the entire galaxy's life depends on the outcome of a bigger war....is siding with the very thing which threatens galactic life.

Quarians all the way. Geth, based on empirical evidence, are completely evil. Not to mention I'm still pissed off that the decision from ME 2 regarding the geth had ZERO IMPACT in this game. **** the geth. **** all of em.
---
The official No One Cares What "Position" You Held On Some Message Board So Please Stop Putting That **** In Your Sig of GameFAQs.
#110ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:45:14 PM
Shah138 posted...

I can't find the video but the line is "Javik: In my cycle, a race called the Zha used machines, the Zha'til, as synthetic symbiotes.
The Reapers subjugated the Zha'til as they have the geth. Their mechanical swarms blotted out the sky. They were brutal, merciless". Apparently you can hear this on the Geth Dreadnought mission. I think I said this earlier, but I'll say it anyways, the Geth were planning on attacking the Reapers, not sitting by while everybody dies.

As I recall all Javik said was that the Zha'til are "as the Geth are to this cycle".
Which doesn't necessarily mean they served the Reapers. More-so they were just the main Organic-Synthetic tragedy in his cycle.
if the Geth were planning on attacking the Reapers, then why would they offer to help the Geth? That doesn't make sense.
---