if Peace is unobtainable....

#31NickiousPosted 2/1/2013 9:46:57 AM
I'm going to take Javik's advice and throw the Geth out the airlock.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#32Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/1/2013 9:50:59 AM
General_Juma posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
General_Juma posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
I'd choose the geth if I count save both. The Quarians show that they haven't changed and arent sny different than their ancestors centuries ago.

It's fair for the Quarians to lay in the bed they made while it's unfair for the geth to be persecuted when they did nothing wrong. The Quarians could just look at the bigger picture and call off the attack but of course they just wanna light their war. Seems like the Quarians just don't wanna make any sacrifices for the greater good so they get left behind.

I also feel like it generally is better for the story. Poetic justice and all. If it were a movie or a book I think siding with the geth would be way better.

Because killing 99% of their population(i.e. genocide) is doing nothing wrong

It's not, under the circumstances. Those being the quarians attacked 100% of the time after they already tried and failed to commit genocide once.

So when the Quarians switched to fleeing 300 years previous you really think there were only 17 million left at that point?

That's what we learned while playing the game, yes. The war ended when the quarians stopped attacking, period.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#33ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:53:22 AM
Seems alot of people are forgetting about the Heretics(Pre-ME2). Where most willingly gave up their independence to the Reapers. Even before the Quarians went to war with them in ME3.

The Quarians had every right to go to war with the Geth.

1. If they didn't the Reapers would have "convinced" them to rejoin them(I.E. Serve us or die)

2. With the Rapers at the galaxy's doorstep, it's logical to assume that the Reapers would have obliterated the Quarians. Them being an easy target(No world to take shelter on) aswell as a possible threat(Largest fleet in the galaxy, Most intelligent species in terms of Synthetic and AI technology)

How can the Geth justify doing nothing when half of them go to war the galaxy?
---
Loading Signature..........
#34mattman0101Posted 2/1/2013 9:54:33 AM
bessy67 posted...
People give the Quarians way too much flak for the way they treated the geth. The geth were machines created to work for the quarians. If your lawnmower suddenly started asking if it had a soul wouldn't you be freaked out too? I personally would start destroying all the lawn mowers I could find...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Regardless if I thought the quarians were a bunch of instigators and genocidal-maniacs that does not change the fact that geth are robots.
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4
#35Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/1/2013 10:03:31 AM(edited)
mattman0101 posted...
bessy67 posted...
People give the Quarians way too much flak for the way they treated the geth. The geth were machines created to work for the quarians. If your lawnmower suddenly started asking if it had a soul wouldn't you be freaked out too? I personally would start destroying all the lawn mowers I could find...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Regardless if I thought the quarians were a bunch of instigators and genocidal-maniacs that does not change the fact that geth are robots.

And that doesn't change that geth are beings.

Like I said, comparing the geth to cars, lawnmowers, calling them 'toasters" etc, are simply catering to your own headcanon that goes against the narrative as it goes to great lengths to basically shove it in the players' face that what the quarians created were *beings who wanted to live* whether they realized it or not at the time.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#36CyhortI82Posted 2/1/2013 10:02:04 AM
Quarians. I'll always feel more sympathy to the organic, humanoid race than the robot one. Plus the Geth consciousness is too much like communism for me to feel comfortable with it.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#37bessy67Posted 2/1/2013 10:03:53 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Hell, the quarians were even killing their own people who sympathized with the geth. It's no wonder the quarians had so many casualties.

And like I said, the people comparing the geth to cars, lawnmowers, calling them 'toasters" etc, are simply catering to their own headcanon that goes against the narrative that goes to great lengths to establish that the quarians created *beings* whether they realized it or not at the time.

It does not go against the narrative to point out that geth are machines created to make work easier for the quarians, much like lawnmowers or cars. And if lawnmowers or cars suddenly started becoming sentient you can be sure that humans would eradicate them.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#38ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:10:13 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Hell, the quarians were even killing their own people who sympathized with the geth. It's no wonder the quarians had so many casualties.

And like I said, the people comparing the geth to cars, lawnmowers, calling them 'toasters" etc, are simply catering to their own headcanon that goes against the narrative that goes to great lengths to establish that the quarians created *beings* whether they realized it or not at the time.

Atleast the Quarians tried to take responsibility for their actions.

The Geth just sat back and watched as half of their own species want to war with Organics.
---
Loading Signature..........
#39nazacuckooPosted 2/1/2013 10:10:46 AM
Quarians.

One reason: Tali.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#40bessy67Posted 2/1/2013 10:11:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]