if Peace is unobtainable....

#61ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:14:50 PM
Fou Lu posted...
Geth, I hate the Quarians. Throughout the whole series, I never used Tali except when forced to.

Care to expand on that a little?

I just never understood why some people really hate Quarians so much.

Now before you go off half-cocked, I'm not saying they're my favorite race, They probably rank right near the middle in my list.
---
Loading Signature..........
#62ArwingMasterPosted 2/1/2013 1:19:08 PM
Zukkus posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Zukkus posted...
Quarians.

They're a tool; a weapon. Nothing more.

Do you really think it's that simple? I mean, the geth are part organic and it's even mentioned in the series that the geth have neural networks. They teeter on the edge of sentience and while in the timeframe of ME1 they may not be people(yet) but they are more than just machines. The narrative goes to great lengths to establish that the geth (and edi) are more than the some of their parts, much like you could say we are more than the sum of electrical impulses and chemical reactions.

That's just my personal view. I don't think a theoretical self-aware machine is on the same level as a sentient being. Nor will it ever be. I don't care if robots have religions and governments, they're not people and never will be. Like I said, a self-aware line of code is still just a line of code. I don't view EDI as a real person, either. The whole Joker-EDI thing is an extremely unhealthy relationship.

A self-aware accumulation of organic matter is still just an accumulation of organic matter, they're not people and never will be.
---
"Son of a submariner!
#63ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:23:19 PM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
Geth. It's not to totally blame the Quarians but it's a case of the lesser of two evils.

True, both sides do share accountability for their actions.

But how are the Geth the lesser of two evils? They're are the ones who sides with the Reapers. TWICE! Once voluntarily.
---
Loading Signature..........
#64Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 2:01:00 PM
The Geth also have no friends so they were forced to side with the Reapers. Also, don't they get stupider when their numbers decrease?
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#65Jstretch19Posted 2/1/2013 2:01:09 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
Geth. It's not to totally blame the Quarians but it's a case of the lesser of two evils.

True, both sides do share accountability for their actions.

But how are the Geth the lesser of two evils? They're are the ones who sides with the Reapers. TWICE! Once voluntarily.

Only a fringe group sided with the Reapers the first time, not the Geth as a whole. And the second time time the Quarians attacked the Geths' central unit, causing the Geth to go into a survival mode.

A bully attacks a kid with a bat, the bully hits the kid over the head. The kid is dazed and confused, fearing for his life. Now a criminal or something hands the kid a gun and the kid starts shooting at the bully, again thinking that the bully is gonna kill him. Who's at fault.
---
3 more days
(Warning: googling Lucina will give you spoiled spoilers rage)
#66TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 2/1/2013 2:05:32 PM
Lv100RedChocobo posted...
Geth. if a bully attacks a kid for his lunch money and fights back, causing a scene, I'm not helping the bully.

Super this.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#67deathscythe257Posted 2/1/2013 2:07:35 PM
Geth exist purely as software... They can be recreated... Biological species cannot...

Cruel as it is, this is fact.
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#68StonedwolfedPosted 2/1/2013 2:20:50 PM
Robot > Gypsy

/thread
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#69ArwingMasterPosted 2/1/2013 2:23:33 PM
deathscythe257 posted...
Geth exist purely as software... They can be recreated... Biological species cannot...

Cruel as it is, this is fact.

And because of that we should side with the faction that acted out of unjustified agression, instead of justified self-defense?
---
"Son of a submariner!
#70TheRock1525Posted 2/1/2013 2:29:27 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but remember that the Quarians decided to kill other Quarians that had the "audacity" to defend the Geth.
---
TheRock ~ Slow dramatic zoom-pan. Doesn't phase the hooded man.
"You have issues." - MWC. Pot. Kettle.