if Peace is unobtainable....

#81ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:04:08 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
Xylarxcode posted...
That one random dude in Dragon Age has a quote that I feel is appropriate here:
'Only a fool fights for his farmland while his country burns down around him.' Or something to that effect.
I'm a lot more sympathetic towards the Geth, though. If the Quarians choose this critical moment in time to go to war with the Geth, ignoring the real threat, then they deserve to die.
The Geth however, forced to defend themselves from their creators as well as the Reapers would die a pointless, cruel death for no other reason then simply existing and being the way they are. No species deserves that.

That's the thing though, what else could they do? If they didn't go to war with the Geth, then the Reapers would have obliterated them.

They had much better odds fighting the Geth then Reapers. Seeing as how the Geth were under Reaper control, the Reapers themselves would not get involved in an attack against the quariens.

^ The Reapers would have obliterated them? I'm sorry, what the hell are you talking about? It's pretty clear that the Reapers entered the Galaxy through Batarian Space--------> concentrated their efforts on Humanity and then followed up with spread out attacks of attrition on the other races.....the Perseus veil was hit much later and from what we've seen the Quarians weren't engaged with any reaper forces prior to Shepard's involvement.

So no, the Quarians had plenty to do that involved avoiding war with the geth. Think recalling all quatrains and supporting the other races through mutual gain.
---

Uh, yes in case you've forgotten. The Reaper's goal is to wipe out all advanced organic life.

With no world to shelter their people, The Quarians were the most vulnerable race when the Reapers invaded. Look what 1 Reaper did to the entire Citadel Fleet? you think the Quarians recycled ships would have stood a chance against that?

If the Quarians did not fight the geth, then the Reapers would have just found another way to control them. That would be another huge army the Galaxy would have to deal with.

For the Quarians it was either war with Reapers or Geth.
---
Loading Signature..........
#82ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:14:05 PM
Shah138 posted...
The Heretics weren't hurting them. The Geth had no reason to do anything about it. It was only until the Heretics tried to harm the Geth that it became a problem, otherwise they just want to be left alone.

Except the heretics were hurting them, their actions reflected negatively on the Geth. The geth were fine with the heretics representing Geth as Evil monsters that had to be put dow.

they were being selfish. When the Heretics went to war with organics, the Geth decided to sit back and watch the Galaxy bleed. But when the Geth are attacked they're the ones who want help?
---
#83twinstarnumber1Posted 2/1/2013 4:20:11 PM
People condemning the Quarians do realize you're condemning an entire race due to the actions of their ancestors right? They've got like a Admiral that's a a gung ho jerk, and the majority of their people don't want a war. That's like saying everyone in the United States needs to die because their leaders are idiots. If you can't save them both then choosing one isn't suppose to be a cut and dry simple easy answer, that's the way it's suppose to be.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#84Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 4:28:58 PM
Except the heretics were hurting them, their actions reflected negatively on the Geth. The geth were fine with the heretics representing Geth as Evil monsters that had to be put dow.

they were being selfish. When the Heretics went to war with organics, the Geth decided to sit back and watch the Galaxy bleed. But when the Geth are attacked they're the ones who want help?

Even though the Heretics made them look bad, how many armies do you see the other races sending to Rannoch or other Geth space? How many wars with the good Geth happened because of them? None, they had no reason to do anything about the Heretics until they were directly being affected by it.

The Geth decided to sit back for everything, not just that one instance. To them the Heretics might as well have been a separate race. When the Geth were attacked they didn't go crying out to every race they knew of, they just joined the Reapers. Why? Their intelligence was reduced because of Quarian actions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#85NickiousPosted 2/1/2013 4:38:00 PM
its funny there is so many outspoken geth advocates and yet, the quarians are beating the Geth vote by 25.

I chose organic life over synthetic life.

So Geth advocates, if we created VI that turned into AI intelligence servants and we decided we gotta shut them down and they went on a killing rampage that wiped out our population to 1 billion, would you have sympathy for the AI? Furthermore, sympathy if we are forced off the planet? Its not cut and dry. The shoe on the other foot.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#86Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 4:49:14 PM
So Geth advocates, if we created VI that turned into AI intelligence servants and we decided we gotta shut them down and they went on a killing rampage that wiped out our population to 1 billion, would you have sympathy for the AI? Furthermore, sympathy if we are forced off the planet? Its not cut and dry. The shoe on the other foot.

They didn't start killing people as soon as they realized they had to be shut down, it happened when Quarians started firing on them. Even then there were neutral Geth which didn't fight Quarians, as was there Quarians who protected the Geth. In the end the Quarians tried wiping out all the Geth AND their Quarian sympathizer but lost. If I was in that situation I'd be mad that I'm being pushed off my planet, but I'm not. Just like in ME3 we're a third party watching whats happening.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#87ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:23:56 PM
Shah138 posted...

Even though the Heretics made them look bad, how many armies do you see the other races sending to Rannoch or other Geth space? How many wars with the good Geth happened because of them? None, they had no reason to do anything about the Heretics until they were directly being affected by it.

The Geth decided to sit back for everything, not just that one instance. To them the Heretics might as well have been a separate race. When the Geth were attacked they didn't go crying out to every race they knew of, they just joined the Reapers. Why? Their intelligence was reduced because of Quarian actions.

By the end of ME1, it seemed like most of the galaxy was at war with the Geth.

So the Geth take no responsibility for Heretics actions, and that's ok? The Geth should have known the Heretics would bite them in the *** one day. But instead they decided to cower and hide behind them. Sure they may have considered the Heretics a "separate" race, but they soon realized the galaxy did not see it that way.

And when they were under attack again, they still went back to the Reapers, knowing what happened last time they did that.

The Geth attempt to portray themselves as sympathetic, but that's hard to see when they are constantly choosing the least sympathetic actions possible.
---
#88Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 5:48:30 PM

So the Geth take no responsibility for Heretics actions, and that's ok? The Geth should have known the Heretics would bite them in the *** one day. But instead they decided to cower and hide behind them. Sure they may have considered the Heretics a "separate" race, but they soon realized the galaxy did not see it that way.

And when they were under attack again, they still went back to the Reapers, knowing what happened last time they did that.

The Geth attempt to portray themselves as sympathetic, but that's hard to see when they are constantly choosing the least sympathetic actions possible.

I don't recall hearing about them actively attacking Rannoch. It's completely ok for the Geth to do nothing about the Heretics, it's not a problem. The Geth had no reason to know the Heretics would have starting killing people, and they didn't cower behind them either. They just stayed home. It doesn't matter what the rest of the galaxy thinks, as long as they aren't getting bombed or shot at at Rannoch. The Heretics didn't join the Reapers because they were under attack, it was just a choice for their future. Perhaps the Geth wouldn't have joined the Reapers if they didn't lose much of their intelligence from the Quarians attacking them. Recap, the first time the Geth joined the Reapers, it was just a small group of them doing it for their future. The second time they did it it was for their own survival because a number of them were wiped out because of what the Quarians did. Had the Quarians waited until after the Reaper war this wouldn't have happened.
---
#89GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/1/2013 5:59:57 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...
I chose Geth, because if you don't, you're basically killing off a form of life. Quarians will lose all their ships but they won't go extinct or anything.

Uh, yes actually they will go extinct. Without their ships they literally have nothing.

So you're saying it is better to save something that is technically alive, as oppose to people that physically are?

There's probably thousands or millions of quarians who were out on their pilgrimage or away doing other things while they were fighting the geth. Unless they all jump off cliffs, they should be able to survive as a species.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#90ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:05:10 PM
Shah138 posted...

I don't recall hearing about them actively attacking Rannoch. It's completely ok for the Geth to do nothing about the Heretics, it's not a problem. The Geth had no reason to know the Heretics would have starting killing people, and they didn't cower behind them either. They just stayed home. It doesn't matter what the rest of the galaxy thinks, as long as they aren't getting bombed or shot at at Rannoch. The Heretics didn't join the Reapers because they were under attack, it was just a choice for their future. Perhaps the Geth wouldn't have joined the Reapers if they didn't lose much of their intelligence from the Quarians attacking them. Recap, the first time the Geth joined the Reapers, it was just a small group of them doing it for their future. The second time they did it it was for their own survival because a number of them were wiped out because of what the Quarians did. Had the Quarians waited until after the Reaper war this wouldn't have happened.

At the End of ME1 & Beginning of ME2, it's clear that the Council sent forces to deal with The Geth, of course they are not going to attack their heavily defended home system.

If the Quarians waited, they would have been killed by The Reapers. With no world to take Shelter on, and only a small army of recycled ships protecting them from extinction(and seeing what a single reaper did to the most advanced fleet in the galaxy; I.E The Citadel) The Quarians had very limited options. For them it was now or never.

The Geth already sided with The Reapers once, Whose to say they wouldn't have done it again even if the Quarians did not attack them?
---