if Peace is unobtainable....

#91ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:12:52 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...
I chose Geth, because if you don't, you're basically killing off a form of life. Quarians will lose all their ships but they won't go extinct or anything.

Uh, yes actually they will go extinct. Without their ships they literally have nothing.

So you're saying it is better to save something that is technically alive, as oppose to people that physically are?

There's probably thousands or millions of quarians who were out on their pilgrimage or away doing other things while they were fighting the geth. Unless they all jump off cliffs, they should be able to survive as a species.

Again No.

If you read the reports about the Quarians, it was mentioned that all their Pilgrimages were recalled, and every single last one are mobilized to fight the Geth.

It's even mentioned by Admiral Korris that losing the fight against the Geth would result in the destruction of their entire race.

Finally in the Codex(if you side with the Geth) it mentions, though a few Quarians were able to escape "There days are numbered".
---
Loading Signature..........
#92Ryan-06Posted 2/1/2013 6:22:40 PM(edited)
General_Juma posted...
Lv100RedChocobo posted...
Geth. if a bully attacks a kid for his lunch money and fights back, causing a scene, I'm not helping the bully.

What if the kid then beats him to within an inch of his life?

oooo!

Anyway, Quarians. At the end of the day, Geth are still MACHINES. But people will get soft if little Legion starts talking about his will and consciousness and stuff.

Quarians built them, trained them, they got unexpectedly smart, and rebelled- so they had to choose to put them down, similar to how people today euthanize animals/pets, you know.
But in this case, the Geth grew too powerful too quick, and outlasted their Quarian masters, ending the war.

So if my Xbox started talking and asked "do I have a soul?" I'd pull the plug. But thats just me. From Shepards view, if he had to make a choice during wartime, he/she would let the Geth die. Because synthetics can be rebuilt/reproduced more quickly. Organics, not so much. Think about that.

And Joker loving EDI, I still can't buy it. To me it felt bit like falling in love with a anime or game character. Still artificial in some way. If someone made a AI/mech version of my girlfriend, I would not feel the same way talking to her as a real woman. Its just not the same, knowing they were "built".
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. I robbed a bank today, how'd I do it? It was "Achieved with CRYENGINE 3.."
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#93Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 6:28:42 PM(edited)
At the End of ME1 & Beginning of ME2, it's clear that the Council sent forces to deal with The Geth, of course they are not going to attack their heavily defended home system.

If the Quarians waited, they would have been killed by The Reapers. With no world to take Shelter on, and only a small army of recycled ships protecting them from extinction(and seeing what a single reaper did to the most advanced fleet in the galaxy; I.E The Citadel) The Quarians had very limited options. For them it was now or never.

The Geth already sided with The Reapers once, Whose to say they wouldn't have done it again even if the Quarians did not attack them?

They're patrolling for remnants of Geth along the borders, NOT attacking Rannoch. That's the point. The Geth don't need to stop the Heretics since they're safe. Unlike the Geth, the Quarians could have easily taken shelter on some friendly planet temporarily while the Reaper invasion is dealt with. What do you expect the Quarians to be able to do with their home planet WHILE the Reapers are already there? I mean I'd get it if they had a couple years to prepare, but the Reapers are already there. They couldn't have done anything meaningful with the planet other than hide. You keep saying the Geth sided with the Reapers as if they all did. It was only a small fraction of them that sided with Sovereign. All the Geth very clearly had a chance to join up with the Reapers, but they didn't. That's why it's safe to say they wouldn't have done it. Not to mention the Geth had knowledge of the Reaper invasion and they're plan wasn't to join up, but to keep building their Dyson Sphere thing and get ready for combat.

But people will get soft if little Legion starts talking about his will and consciousness and stuff.

You can also make the argument that people only side with the Quarians because of Tali.

So if my Xbox started talking and asked "do I have a soul?" I'd pull the plug.

The problem I have with statements like this is that your x-box isn't supposed to be talking in the first place. Same as when people equate the Geth to a lawnmower or a toaster. I'd be amazed if my lawnmower could say a single word let alone ask if it had a soul.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#94ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:41:31 PM
Shah138 posted...
At the End of ME1 & Beginning of ME2, it's clear that the Council sent forces to deal with The Geth, of course they are not going to attack their heavily defended home system.

If the Quarians waited, they would have been killed by The Reapers. With no world to take Shelter on, and only a small army of recycled ships protecting them from extinction(and seeing what a single reaper did to the most advanced fleet in the galaxy; I.E The Citadel) The Quarians had very limited options. For them it was now or never.

The Geth already sided with The Reapers once, Whose to say they wouldn't have done it again even if the Quarians did not attack them?

They're patrolling for remnants of Geth along the borders, NOT attacking Rannoch. That's the point. The Geth don't need to stop the Heretics since they're safe. Unlike the Geth, the Quarians could have easily taken shelter on some friendly planet temporarily while the Reaper invasion is dealt with. What do you expect the Quarians to be able to do with their home planet WHILE the Reapers are already there? I mean I'd get it if they had a couple years to prepare, but the Reapers are already there. They couldn't have done anything meaningful with the planet other than hide. You keep saying the Geth sided with the Reapers as if they all did. It was only a small fraction of them that sided with Sovereign. All the Geth very clearly had a chance to join up with the Reapers, but they didn't. That's why it's safe to say they wouldn't have done it. Not to mention the Geth had knowledge of the Reaper invasion and they're plan wasn't to join up, but to keep building their Dyson Sphere thing and get ready for combat.

So what? The Quarians settle on a tiny little planet and wait for the Reapers to kill them?
The Quarians have more experience with AI technology then any other race, and the largest fleet in the Galaxy, The Reaper obviously perceive them as a threat aswell a race that needs to be harvested. and you're saying they should do nothing?

The Geth had information proving the Reapers were coming while the rest of the galaxy debated their existence. Yet they did nothing with it except help themselves.

and Again, even Legion while interfaced with a reaper was in awe of it. It seems reasonable to assume that the Reapers are powerful enough to take control of the Geth if they need to. The only reason they gave the Geth a choice is because it is not in their programming to destroy another Synthetic race. and they did not want to fight them.
---
#95FearOfTheLightPosted 2/1/2013 6:48:22 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
General_Juma posted...
Lv100RedChocobo posted...
Geth. if a bully attacks a kid for his lunch money and fights back, causing a scene, I'm not helping the bully.

What if the kid then beats him to within an inch of his life?

oooo!

Anyway, Quarians. At the end of the day, Geth are still MACHINES. But people will get soft if little Legion starts talking about his will and consciousness and stuff.

Quarians built them, trained them, they got unexpectedly smart, and rebelled- so they had to choose to put them down, similar to how people today euthanize animals/pets, you know.
But in this case, the Geth grew too powerful too quick, and outlasted their Quarian masters, ending the war.

So if my Xbox started talking and asked "do I have a soul?" I'd pull the plug. But thats just me. From Shepards view, if he had to make a choice during wartime, he/she would let the Geth die. Because synthetics can be rebuilt/reproduced more quickly. Organics, not so much. Think about that.

And Joker loving EDI, I still can't buy it. To me it felt bit like falling in love with a anime or game character. Still artificial in some way. If someone made a AI/mech version of my girlfriend, I would not feel the same way talking to her as a real woman. Its just not the same, knowing they were "built".

Nice. Yet it's still your viewpoint on the issue. Shepard clearly never makes any indication of a Pro-organic stance UNLESS you build his/her character so. Who's to say that during this crisis, Shep chooses the side that seems likely to offer more support and has s better rapport against their enemies...namely the Geth.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#96Rannek17Posted 2/1/2013 6:52:25 PM
I'm sure it will upset people, but the geth never had a right to turn on the quarians. They were tools, like any machine. Admittedly, the quarians made the mistake of giving them too much free will.
---
GT-Rannek17
#97Ryan-06Posted 2/1/2013 6:53:05 PM
Thats fine. Each their own.

This is why I love Mass Effect! Pros far outweigh the cons. ending issues aside. I'm actually on a new playthrough and am enjoying. Feels great. Just bough Leviathan thats why, figured I may as well push on until the end and also get the extra dialog with the Catalyst.

I don't care for spoilers- can someone tell me exactly how much is added after Levi? What does Shepard ask the Catalyst? in the end there's nothing else he can do. Same choices to make.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. I robbed a bank today, how'd I do it? It was "Achieved with CRYENGINE 3.."
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#98Shah138Posted 2/1/2013 7:00:43 PM(edited)
So what? The Quarians settle on a tiny little planet and wait for the Reapers to kill them?
The Quarians have more experience with AI technology then any other race, and the largest fleet in the Galaxy, The Reaper obviously perceive them as a threat aswell a race that needs to be harvested. and you're saying they should do nothing?

The Geth had information proving the Reapers were coming while the rest of the galaxy debated their existence. Yet they did nothing with it except help themselves.

and Again, even Legion while interfaced with a reaper was in awe of it. It seems reasonable to assume that the Reapers are powerful enough to take control of the Geth if they need to. The only reason they gave the Geth a choice is because it is not in their programming to destroy another Synthetic race. and they did not want to fight them.

I said they should have taken shelter on a friendly planet, not an empty one. You know, something with allies on them to help them fight, not a planet where they'll start another war and get killed. If the races of the galaxy won't listen to their own people, what makes you think they'll listen to the Geth? What proof did the Geth have that Shepard and his team didn't? You're avoiding the argument. The Geth had a choice to join the Reapers in a time when they had no need to, and they didn't join them. Therefore it's safe to assume they wouldn't join the Reapers again in a time that they don't need to. Reapers taking control over the Geth is a different matter than the Geth voluntarily joining them.

I don't care for spoilers- can someone tell me exactly how much is added after Levi? What does Shepard ask the Catalyst? in the end there's nothing else he can do. Same choices to make.

Like, two or three lines are added. The choices are the same. But honestly this DLC is just for information.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PXwI7.gif
#99ozzyman314(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:44:24 PM
Shah138 posted...

I said they should have taken shelter on a friendly planet, not an empty one. You know, something with allies on them to help them fight, not a planet where they'll start another war and get killed. If the races of the galaxy won't listen to their own people, what makes you think they'll listen to the Geth? What proof did the Geth have that Shepard and his team didn't? You're avoiding the argument. The Geth had a choice to join the Reapers in a time when they had no need to, and they didn't join them. Therefore it's safe to assume they wouldn't join the Reapers again in a time that they don't need to. Reapers taking control over the Geth is a different matter than the Geth voluntarily joining them.

Like, two or three lines are added. The choices are the same. But honestly this DLC is just for information.

Ok then, with the entire galaxy at war with the Reapers what friendly planet could the Quarians have landed their huge fleet on? Keep in mind that most races are not too found of the Quarians.
As I said, it was do or die for the Quarians. If they didn't attempt to retake Rannoch, they may never have had the opportunity to do it in the future.

and No it's not a different matter. You're completely ignoring my point. The Reapers only offered to help the Geth so as not to appear as a threat. There's evidence enough to suggest that the Reapers could have taken control of the Geth by force. But did not because they did not want to fight a synthetic race.
If the Quarians had not attempted to attack the Geth, the Reapers would have simply found another way to convince the Geth to join them, like they did before.
---
#100Carribean_CoolPosted 2/1/2013 7:47:35 PM
Quarians deserve to die for their stupidity.

They already got their asses kicked once, so what do they do? In the midst of the Reaper Invasion, they decided to attack the geth, again, when the geth don't even want to fight to begin with.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.