Wait... What!!? (Spoilers)

#1Shaolin015Posted 2/1/2013 10:42:59 AM
Why did the catalyst tell me that there is no chance for peace between organics and synthetics AND Shepard said nothing about it. Didn't I spend the whole game coming up with solutions for this conflict with the geth and quarians? Even EDI came to the realization that she could have lived peacefully with organics when she stopped killing everyone on the moon (she was the ai on the moon in mass effect 1). We spent the whole game coming up with solutions for this conflict and then we are told nothing but this crucible thing works.

I don't understand the writing direction with this one. Can someone help me understand this?
#2infinitexxPosted 2/1/2013 10:43:35 AM
Space Magic.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3Tbx66Posted 2/1/2013 10:44:28 AM
Artistic integrity.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#4ZERO2936Posted 2/1/2013 10:45:45 AM
They WANT you to speculate.
#5MurphysGhostPosted 2/1/2013 10:55:03 AM
One instance of peace, that has no guarantee of lasting and in many save files is impossible to achieve, outweighs millions of years of observation?
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6ozzyman314Posted 2/1/2013 10:59:57 AM
The Catalyst does a good job explaining it well enough.

Unless something changes(I.E Synthesis) Synthetics will always surpass and eventually go to war with Organics.

With a huge enough threat like the reapers, those rules can(temporarily) be thrown out the window.

But as the Catalyst says: "The peace will not last."
---
Loading Signature..........
#7Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/1/2013 11:06:42 AM
Organics and synthetics only achieved peace when the alternate was destruction for both. The fact that it's possible to get the quarians and geth to make up doesn't really speak for the long-term compatibility of organics and synthetics.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#8bessy67Posted 2/1/2013 11:08:10 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22556857.jpg
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9LilyxLightningPosted 2/1/2013 11:09:30 AM
Because that's its opinion, no matter how much delusional moronic trolls try to tell you that you're meant to agree with it.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#10Crimsonhead4Posted 2/1/2013 11:15:35 AM
What I find strange is that the reapers say that synthetics and organics will never live together in harmony even though its their fault that geth were converted to heretics and began attacking organics in the first place. According to legion, after the geth were liberated from the quarians they just wanted to advance at their own pace. Any violence that involved the geth was purely defense. It's because of the reapers that geth became hostile. Kind circular logic there