Wait... What!!? (Spoilers)

#71Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/2/2013 12:30:25 PM
Yes despite all that. I've seen many people make some really good arguments on how it could work.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#72ozzyman314Posted 2/2/2013 12:43:21 PM
Drizzy_Drizake posted...
Yes despite all that. I've seen many people make some really good arguments on how it could work.

Except it goes against everything in the series.

I mean, People really think that out of the billions of cycles the Reapers harvested, not a single one ever rose up as a united galaxy to stop them?
Why is it so hard for people to accept that the "Full Frontal Assault" Never would have worked against the Reapers?
---
Loading Signature..........
#73edgecrusher02Posted 2/2/2013 12:47:49 PM
this turned out to be bigger than we expected. its as simple as that. we knew next to nothing about the enemy going into the third game. the enemy that has been advancing technologically for at least hundreds of millions of years. we are a cycle of like whos technology has only seen 50 thousand years of advancement. that is the equivalent of throwing a rock at a tank and hoping to destroy it. this was something that has been established from the beginning. whether it was originally intentional or not, this is what the writers set up from the beginning.

it seems many people want that conventional victory when literally everything about the enemy says they cant be beaten that way. many people refused on the hope that they could beat the reapers conventionally. i fail to see how hope is different than "space magic." again, we knew next to nothing about the reapers going into the third part of this story. this is hardly the first "things arent what they seem" in storytelling. not sure why thats such a horrible thing. i would rather that than it be predictable or for it to be stopping evil machines that are evil with no real explanation simply for the sake of having a villain. the fact that enemies are machines alones dictates a lot about how this all came to be. i never understood why so many people were surprised.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#74mdg-raampiePosted 2/2/2013 12:59:04 PM
Drizzy_Drizake posted...

the council species only have like 85 dreadnoughts + few other from other species

the leviathan of dis is a billion years old with a reaper every 50.000 years thats 20.000 capital reapers...

i don't think they even have a slight chance of winning
---
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
#75Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/2/2013 1:01:42 PM
Except it goes against everything in the series.

I mean, People really think that out of the billions of cycles the Reapers harvested, not a single one ever rose up as a united galaxy to stop them?
Why is it so hard for people to accept that the "Full Frontal Assault" Never would have worked against the Reapers?

Well doesn't really matter either way it is what it is. The EC and Leviathan certainly makes things much more enjoyable than they first were. I think that kind of ending would have been nice myself, but whatever. Though I still would probably like the reject path if it at least let you watch the battle play out. At this point the only thing remaining I hope they do is maybe explain the Crucible a bit more that's about all that's left that could use some more details. I don't know if there's any chance of this last story dlc doing that or not.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#76StonedwolfedPosted 2/2/2013 5:48:04 PM
mdg-raampie posted...
the council species only have like 85 dreadnoughts + few other from other species

the leviathan of dis is a billion years old with a reaper every 50.000 years thats 20.000 capital reapers...

Do you have a source for one billion? The Wiki says "hundreds of millions".

Even so, that's how old they are - but not necessarily when they created The Intelligence AI who went on to create the Reapers (and do we know how long that took, both to decide and to implement?)

Weren't the early cycles were slower? The Mass Relays were created to speed them and development up. Was each cycle back then 50,000 years?

Finally, I thought the harvest is not of one species per cycle. Isn't it all advanced civilisations. So more than one Reaper per cycle? Perhaps just one in a previous cycle as the Protheans were unquestionably the dominant race.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#77SageOfLifePosted 2/2/2013 5:52:50 PM
Stonedwolfed posted...
mdg-raampie posted...

Even so, that's how old they are - but not necessarily when they created The Intelligence AI who went on to create the Reapers (and do we know how long that took, both to decide and to implement?)

Weren't the early cycles were slower? The Mass Relays were created to speed them and development up. Was each cycle back then 50,000 years?

Finally, I thought the harvest is not of one species per cycle. Isn't it all advanced civilisations. So more than one Reaper per cycle? Perhaps just one in a previous cycle as the Protheans were unquestionably the dominant race.

The description for the planet Jartar describes the Leviathan of Dis, a confirmed Reaper corpse, as being a billion years old.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#78MurphysGhostPosted 2/2/2013 5:54:51 PM
Stonedwolfed posted...

There is 1 capital, Sovereign/Harbinger class Reaper created each cycle.

The other species that are advanced and numerous enough to harvest (but not considered worthy of being made into a capital Reaper) are used to create Reaper destroyers, like the one Shepard destroys on Rannoch.

There may not be 20,000 capital Reapers, but certainly several thousand at least and many thousands of Destroyers, which is still far more than enough to wipe out any military resistance they might face.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#79mdg-raampiePosted 2/2/2013 6:16:58 PM(edited)
Stonedwolfed posted...
mdg-raampie posted...

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan_of_Dis

even if the reapers have the quarter of those numbers the galaxy doesn't stand a chance against them

EDIT: it's said in the codex that the reapers pick 1 species to turn in a capital reaper the rest is turned in destroyers
---
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.