Mass Effect depression

#11PoopMasterGoetzPosted 2/2/2013 3:34:50 AM
You'll get over it.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#12XylarxcodePosted 2/2/2013 8:14:52 AM
Plenty of other games out there for you to enjoy. No point trying to stick to a series if you're no longer feeling it. Give it some time and then come back and see how you feel about it. In the meantime, just look for another game or franchise to fill the gap.
---
A good deed goes unnoticed, a bad one unpunished.
#13LilyxLightningPosted 2/2/2013 8:18:42 AM
Don't play the games, because clearly your "depression" is based on delusional idiocy.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#14SageOfLifePosted 2/2/2013 8:21:44 AM
I managed to avoid that through copius amounts of headcanon. Much more than should be needed.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#15gunholePosted 2/2/2013 8:30:16 AM
when i was distraught over the end of the series, i thought about steak. I just had to remember that there's so much steak.

I €€€€ing love steak.
---
*gamertag
#16LordTrinenPosted 2/2/2013 8:35:59 AM
The last time I completed the trilogy I actually had the opposite reaction you did TC. I admit I was as angry and frustrated as anyone else with the original endings. The Extended Cut fixed most of my complaints. If I had been involved in the writing process I probably would have taken the endings in a slightly different direction but there's no point in complaining about it now. Take what you can get and make the most of it.

I love the story of Commander Shepard. From the moment I first saw Shepard in his/her iconic N7 armor aboard the bridge of the Normandy to his/her final moments aboard the Citadel I've loved it. But as as I sat there, listening to Vigil's Theme and the Stargazer telling the boy the story about the Shepard I felt an overwhelming sadness.

It was at this point I realized, this was it. This was the end. Commander Shepard's story was over. The hero we created from the ground up, guided through his/her early Spectre days to the activation of the Crucible was no more. I felt so sad that a couple hours later I started up a brand new playthrough from ME1. A part of me wanted to keep Shepard's tale alive in some form. Even if I didn't play it much I wanted that playthrough out there so that a part of me knew that Shepard's story wasn't completely over.

All of this may sound extremely sappy and/or stupid but when you love a story you really hate to see it end. Bioware has asked if we want ME4 to be a prequel or sequel. Either way I'm not sure if it will work out. Mass Effect has always been the story of Commander Shepard. Without Shepard something will just feel like it's missing. I guess we'll wait and see what Bioware comes up with.
#17XgArrancarPosted 2/2/2013 8:55:13 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
Don't play the games, because clearly your "depression" is based on delusional idiocy.

Oh look, it's the pot calling the kettle black.
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#18SageOfLifePosted 2/2/2013 9:06:08 AM
XgArrancar posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Oh look, it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Again.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#19TheM00dPosted 2/2/2013 9:19:45 AM
LilyxLightning posted...

That's what I was waiting for. Reminds me of Jinteisama.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
#20Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 2/2/2013 12:10:26 PM
8bitPunk posted...
shadowlucas27 posted...
After completing ME3, I have absolutely no desire to replay the Mass Effect games....

I know that feel bro. Give it a few weeks, then come back and play the Multiplayer.

The ME Series is still great, the frustration I feel is more due to lost potential than anything else. Call it 'Executive Meddling', "Too many chefs spoil the sauce", or whatever metaphor you prefer, ME3 was a game that failed to live up to the expectations of many fans.

If you are like me, you will never buy another Bioware/EA game at launch. I'll wait until the price drops significantly.

You are the prime example of why gamers are not taken seriously.
---
I never sleep cuz sleep is the cousin of death