What pisses you off about this enemy? Day 22: Cerberus Combat Engineer

#11CouncilSpectrePosted 2/2/2013 10:59:12 AM
Turrets! You can hear them deploy, you can hear them fire and they'll mow you down as soon as you round the corner.

I voted for the whole "get downed, revive, get downed" scenario. It's worse when the engie is repairing the blasted turret, making you choose between the engie and turret. A b**** on Gold/Platinum.
#12melvin343Posted 2/2/2013 11:10:33 AM
I'm cool with these guys but if the map is big then they will set up the turret but otherwise, I enjoy shooting them in the back with the turret still in there back and it explodes thus killing them faster. Once the next DLC comes out assuming its the Ex-Cerberus Engineer, then will see who's Turret is more Dangerous.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#13GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/2/2013 11:50:24 AM
Just played a game where an Atlas had 1 bar of armor left, and a combat engineer repaired him to full armor. Then I ran to go revive a teammate, and when I came back the Atlas had full shields too.

I still hate turrets the most though.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#14FullMetalManiaPosted 2/2/2013 1:08:20 PM
Their turret, followed very, very closely by their repair protocols. "Okay, got an Atlas down to two bars of arm--aaand they have all their armor back. Welp."
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#15NafzgerPosted 2/2/2013 1:47:53 PM
They heal stuff fast, too. They repair an atlas back to full armor and shields in about four seconds.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#16YamatoBeatsPosted 2/2/2013 1:49:37 PM
Invisible turrets.
#17BiggyDX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:20:27 PM
Lol. Someone picked Health/Shields?
---
Gamertag: My user name
#18PsyrenCallPosted 2/2/2013 2:27:35 PM
Turrets, but not because of the weapon itself, but because of the effect it has on people. Like that special time in every random match where a turret downs a player, and two others rush in to rescue and get mowed down, leaving you to either solo the round or destroy the turret so they can be revived.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#19sheepman23Posted 2/2/2013 3:52:17 PM(edited)
Nafzger posted...
I voted other, because I think the biggest problem with Combat Engineers is how many that spawn now. They spawn like four or five at a time. That's way too many. There are some games where I've seen three or four turrets set up in the same area. It's just a death trap.

Wave 7 of Cerberus Gold is horrible. I don't know what they did to the balance there, but I honestly dread that wave more than any other, as I know it's going to be filled to the brim with Combat Engineers.

In fact, the entire balance of Cerberus Gold is bad. You have Guardians only appearing on Waves 2 and 9, Dragoons not appearing at all in Waves 8-10, and far too many Combat Engineers.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#20pointer9378Posted 2/2/2013 4:32:36 PM
GrayZStarr posted...
There is a reason as to why you must focus on killing these poopooheads first

Turrets are worse than Phantoms.

Must I say how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with INVISIBLE TURRETS

Have you ever fought an invisible Phantom? No, not a cloaked Phantom, an invisible Phantom. I have. You can't see or hear them, nor do they show up on the kill feed... They aren't fun. That said, invisible Turrets still suck.
---
Michanka is better than Tuchanka.