My First Single Player Ending. What went wrong? SPOILERS

#11ozzyman314Posted 2/2/2013 9:02:49 AM
Stonedwolfed posted...
Cool. And yes, obviously have Leviathan helped in understanding the Catalyst as AI.

I do still have the option to replay the final level so I'll do that just to see the endings.

Question though - the final greyed-out R/P conversations with the Illusive Man. Were they just for dialogue, was there something interesting I missed?

It's pretty much an exact copy of the "showdown" With Saren in ME1. Minus that mini fight you would have had with him if you couldn't persuade him.
---
Loading Signature..........
#12MurphysGhostPosted 2/2/2013 9:04:41 AM(edited)
Stonedwolfed posted...

Question though - the final greyed-out R/P conversations with the Illusive Man. Were they just for dialogue, was there something interesting I missed?

They'll change the outcome of that scene a bit. I think it's worth seeing, but you'd have to do another run through of the game or just Youtube it.

To get those options, you'll need to have always chosen the left-side dialogue option (the 'get more info' option) in every conversation with TIM (including Mars), and then have enough Reputation to use the resulting Paragon or Renegade persuade options in those convos.

If you used a Persuade conversation option on TIM in each of your encounters through the game, those options will be available at the end.

Mm, ninja'd. Board's active this morning.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#13Stonedwolfed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:06:20 AM
Thanks. I guess having 50/50 P/R was the reason they were greyed out? Guess on my Insanity run I'll be either very good or very bad.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#14LordTrinenPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:22 AM
Stonedwolfed posted...

The final Charm option with TIM convinces him to commit suicide. The final Intimidate option provokes him into attacking you, giving you a Renegade interrupt that lets you shoot him. If you miss the interrupt it is game over.
#15SageOfLifePosted 2/2/2013 9:10:42 AM
Stonedwolfed posted...
Thanks. I guess having 50/50 P/R was the reason they were greyed out? Guess on my Insanity run I'll be either very good or very bad.

Nothing in the game requires a specific paragon/renegade score. Just enough total reputation.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#16Stonedwolfed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:14:53 AM
Cool. I can see how the Synthesis ending is... improbable...

I had thought I'd tried P/R TIM dialogues I could, must have missed some.

Gives me something to look out for during my Insanity run.
---
#17SageOfLifePosted 2/2/2013 9:17:26 AM
Stonedwolfed posted...
Cool. I can see how the Synthesis ending is... improbable...

I had thought I'd tried P/R TIM dialogues I could, must have missed some.

Gives me something to look out for during my Insanity run.

Always choose white options on the left if they appear.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#18Stonedwolfed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:27:17 AM
Usually I do, I normally maximise my RP dialogues in all cases.

Guess I must have missed some.
---
#19Jormungandr315Posted 2/2/2013 10:36:34 AM
You are safer talking gun control with a redneck (I live in the country, don't recommmend this) than discussing the ME3 ending on the internet.
---
"I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed." - Jonathan Swift. GT: UncleBeeve
#20Stonedwolfed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:49:06 AM
If you take away their guns how are they to defend themselves against the gubbermint?
---