Look at all of the complaining about a ME4.

#21Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/2/2013 1:17:30 PM
I don't really have any feelings on ME4 until we actually know what it will be about. Shepard being gone doesn't bother me it will only bother me if the new character they make sucks. Plenty of good series have changed main characters in new entries.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#22bloodgod92Posted 2/2/2013 1:20:01 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
what ME4? link please I can't find anything about a new major installment. I'm sure there'll be a spin-off but you can't really call it ME4 if it's not following the same people with continuing the story.

Assassins Creed 2+3...

Fable 2+3...

Final Fantasy 1-whatever it is at now...

Dragon Age O+2...

You can call it ME4 without the same characters, a lot of other game series do the same.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#23VirtualAnomolyPosted 2/2/2013 1:20:47 PM
what ME4? link please I can't find anything about a new major installment. I'm sure there'll be a spin-off but you can't really call it ME4 if it's not following the same people with continuing the story.

Unless Artistic Integrity.

Shepard is obviously not ME.

We have multiplayer and comic books.

ME is the universe.

The video game Single player trilogy is about Shepard's story.

ME4 could continue his story by saying it is what happened years after.

Same story, different protagonist.

It is almost like the fourth one in a series.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#24Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/2/2013 1:23:15 PM
They did a poll or something asking the fans if they want ME4 to be a prequel or sequel
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#25Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/2/2013 1:25:22 PM
bloodgod92 posted...

Assassins Creed 2+3...

Fable 2+3...

Dragon Age O+2...

You can call it ME4 without the same characters, a lot of other game series do the same.

I just don't think we should be calling it ME4 when we don't know what it'll be called. This happened in the 90s when the rumors of the phantom menace were coming out everyone kept calling it Star Wars VII.And all those continue the story in a way. And since AC does follow the same main character. I'm just thinking the next game is going to be a spin-off and won't be bearing the name ME4. You know what they say about assuming
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#26MurphysGhostPosted 2/2/2013 1:30:14 PM
^ It's just the easiest way to say 'the next ME' until we know more.

You're right, it could be a prequel, a sequel, a spin-off, a side-story during the trilogy, etc. But it's all semantics until the game's actually announced, so for now might as well call it ME4, eh?
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#27KADFCPosted 2/5/2013 10:32:20 AM
bloodgod92 posted...

Assassins Creed 2+3...

Fable 2+3...

Dragon Age O+2...

AC 2 and AC 3. Both had Desmond with the same main villian/s, which goes through the whole series, including AC 1. Altair, Ezio, and Connor lived in different periods, so that's reasonable to have changed.

Fable 1 - 3, the MC is made from whatever you want it to be. To be honest, the MC had NO character whatsoever and for the most part, I couldn't tell the difference. However, all three had one certain old witch in common.

DAO and DA2. DA2 is crap. Many including myself think it's a pretty mediocre storyline. DA2 felt pointless in the DA world. Everything is awesome except for the story.

And for any other games, if they change all the characters, all at once, every single time for future games, that's fine; as long as it's in a different world altogether. But if you're going to have the same characters for 3 games straight, then completely replace EVERYONE including the MC, that is rather raging.

Think about KHs. Replace Sora, Donald, and Goofy for all future installments? Rage. Release a side story that's connected, but not replacement of the original? Nice.
#28Drophyd167bPosted 2/5/2013 11:15:09 AM
Say ME4 is a prequel taking place during the Prothean's cycle. We play some Prothean hero who saves the galaxy or some planet from some danger. Short term we may not know how things will unfold but long term we know that the Protheans will be destroyed by the Reapers. Nothing we do in that game would change that.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though. If the narrative was written with that in mind, it could be a far more engaging story than some contrived sequel.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - Drophyd167b