Weapons Tier List

#21GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:51:23 PM
Rannek17 posted...
Not trying to flame you here, interested in your logic. Why do you feel the acolyte takes a higher place than the Piranha?

The acolyte is super light, is the best gun at taking down shields/barriers, is great for killing phantoms, applies ammo powers well, and you can basically put it on any class as a secondary and it will do great.

Piranha is only really good on infiltrators. It's kind of hard to compare guns that have such different tasks, but the acolyte is just so good at what it does, and the piranha can be replaced by many other weapons.

the three magical letters

D P S

Plus Disciple makes the coolest sound in the game.

Not even going to argue over such terrible weapons that I never really use anyways.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#22Rannek17Posted 2/2/2013 4:04:08 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...

The acolyte is super light, is the best gun at taking down shields/barriers, is great for killing phantoms, applies ammo powers well, and you can basically put it on any class as a secondary and it will do great.

Piranha is only really good on infiltrators. It's kind of hard to compare guns that have such different tasks, but the acolyte is just so good at what it does, and the piranha can be replaced by many other weapons.

I certainly agree with your points on the acolyte, it's my go-to caster weapon. I think you're underrating the sheer killing force of the piranha, but I suppose your list is your list.
---
GT-Rannek17
#23Halo_ForeverPosted 2/2/2013 4:13:21 PM
MarkMilton posted...

also, to be frank, how are ANY SMGs not at the bottom of the list? yes, the Hurricane is a good gun... but only compared to the other SMGs. you've got two of them in the Top-10!

please stop making topics like this if you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

The Hurricane offers DPS comparable to the Harrier in a gun that is half of its weight and can be made into 6% cooldown if the need arises. You can get heatsink on it too so that its clip size is better than the Harrier, while it has nearly thrice the reserve ammo. It is by far one of the best if not the best gun in the game. A Ghost with heat sink can rip down four-five Atlas before he needs to restock, the Harrier is glad to get two.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#24perfect_generalPosted 2/2/2013 4:20:01 PM
I don't understand why the disciple gets such a bad rap. It's a decent shotgun for it's weight.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#25WatermelonFartsPosted 2/2/2013 4:25:43 PM
perfect_general posted...
I don't understand why the disciple gets such a bad rap. It's a decent shotgun for it's weight.

it's probably because all of the people trashing it have one of the better shotguns, or in most cases, every weapon unlocked so it's bad comparatively.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wOseA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/qHMXI.jpg
<333333
#26Havoc49JPosted 2/2/2013 4:27:06 PM
perfect_general posted...

The Talon takes away any chance the Disciple may have had as a light weight cqc weapon. The Talon is almost as light, does more damage, has a bonus versus shields, and can use the heavy barrel for a 40% damage increase. The disciples only real use is something to stick an omni-blade on if your wraith isn't a high level.
#27MegaTape13Posted 2/2/2013 8:58:16 PM
CSR below the Incisor?
Mattock below Argus?
Evicerator below Scimitar?

In general this looks pretty good though.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#28NilesMonkeyPosted 2/2/2013 9:00:12 PM
Terrible list is terrible.
---
Gamertag: Niles2828
me3galaxyatwar.wordpress.com
#29blutoblutarskyXPosted 2/2/2013 9:05:57 PM
"Okay, feel free to criticize and complain about how your favorite weapon was ranked so poorly."

You missed heavy melee.

Most damaging single shot in the game-

And for most classes the badass factor is 20/10.
#30NafzgerPosted 2/2/2013 9:54:56 PM
The real tier list is more like

PPR
Claymore
Harrier
Hurricane
Collector SMG
Everything else
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher