Want to ask about piercing mods on weapons...

#1Safer_777Posted 2/2/2013 4:56:58 PM
Okay I don't understand it.They deal more damage to armored targets but they lower the damage overall.That means you deal less damage to enemies that don't have armor?Or I am mistaken?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#28bitPunkPosted 2/2/2013 5:02:54 PM
Safer_777 posted...
Okay I don't understand it.They deal more damage to armored targets but they lower the damage overall.That means you deal less damage to enemies that don't have armor?Or I am mistaken?

They do lower damage when piercing terrain, like a thin wall. Normal damage against enemies with health (Red color).

Armor reduces damage from weapons by "X". Weapons will always deal a minimum amount of damage, even if the damage reduction is greater than the weapon damage (low damage SMGs, etc).

If armor were to reduce damage from each shot by 10, and your armor piercing mod reduces this penalty by 50%, then the damage is reduced from each shot by 5 now.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
#3GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/2/2013 5:03:38 PM
They don't do less damage overall. When it says "at 30% reduced damage," that is referring to when you are shooting through a wall.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#4DethuliPosted 2/2/2013 5:03:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5bloodgod92Posted 2/2/2013 5:03:47 PM
You do more damage to armoured targets, you deal less damage to all targets when you shoot through object/cover, such as boxes and walls.

The more object penetration you have the thicker the objects you can shoot through.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#6orangeneePosted 2/2/2013 5:15:37 PM
The Javelin is unique with regards to this. It doesn't get a penalty when it shoots through walls.

It does if you use the piercing mod.

Read the description carefully. It penetrates 'X' amount of 'cover' at 'X' reduced damage.

I don't have the figures for enemy armour but lets say a brute has 60 percent damage reduction and your mod has 50 percent negation. Brutes DR is now 30 percent.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7infinitexxPosted 2/2/2013 5:16:47 PM
orangenee posted...
I don't have the figures for enemy armour but lets say a brute has 60 percent damage reduction and your mod has 50 percent negation. Brutes DR is now 30 percent.

It's not a percentage.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:26:28 PM
Ah so only when you shoot through light cover?Okay nice.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#9BashyMcFetusPosted 2/3/2013 3:22:37 AM
orangenee posted...
The Javelin is unique with regards to this. It doesn't get a penalty when it shoots through walls.

It does if you use the piercing mod.

That was a bug that got fixed awhile ago. Weapons with native piercing do not suffer any damage loss when shooting through cover, no matter how they're modded.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard