Paragon/Renegade ending *Spoilers*

#1lexussssPosted 2/2/2013 6:37:07 PM
Am I the only one who feels the renegade ending should have been controlling the reapers and being worshipped as "the Shepard;" while the paragon would be self sacrifice for the better good.

The thought of Shepard controlling the Reapers in spirit just flat out creeps me out.

A soldier needs a solder/hero's death.
#2ozzyman314Posted 2/2/2013 6:39:50 PM
The irony with the ending is that neither are clear cut Renegade or Paragon decisions.

That decision is left up to the player to decide.
---
Loading Signature..........
#3ZERO2936Posted 2/2/2013 6:45:08 PM
I'd have preferred it if there was no choice, and the ending was based solely on EMS and the choices we already made. But that's just me. It wouldn't really work with the plot as it is now.
#48bitPunkPosted 2/2/2013 6:45:50 PM
Or the renegade ending could have left the human race in power, submitting all other races.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
#5Shigmiya64Posted 2/2/2013 8:11:49 PM
Have you seen all the endings? Control's monologue is very different depending on your Paragon/Renegade scores.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#6Aurion819Posted 2/2/2013 8:43:41 PM
That was my original reaction, but I found another interpretation.

The Destroy ending is actually the one with the most casualties: EDI and the geth die for sure (along with the virtual alien race that was mentioned once), and the quarians and volus would be in a lot of danger with their suit malfunctions. Although it is the ending you've fought for across three games, you sacrifice thousands to do so. It is also the only ending where Shepard lives, which would be a selfish reason to pick that ending. Therefore, Destroy is actually Renegade.

The Control ending is therefore the opposite: the one with no casualties. Shepard makes the ultimate sacrifice to simply stop the Reapers. Depending on his choice, he could either destroy them in a more efficient way (fly them into stars) or he could become a galactic police force. Either way, it is the ultimate Paragon option. (The reason Synthesis isn't the more Paragon option is because you invasively alter the very make-up of every being in the galaxy without their permissions.)
---
"When you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth."
#7edgecrusher02Posted 2/2/2013 8:53:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8edgecrusher02Posted 2/2/2013 8:57:20 PM
it really is left up to the player. my interpretation is that all thats happened when it comes to organics creating synthetic life is attempts and control and destruction of one another. synthetics are always created as tools, in servitude. whether they are created as sentient beings or gain sentience somewhere down the road, organics reaction as a whole is usually to deactivate/destroy them. sure some individuals may not think like that, but as a whole we do. its in our nature to react fearfully towards things we dont understand. so of course they rebel. this will always happen as no sentient life form will choose to remain what is basically a slave forever. despite seeing that happen time and time again, a very advanced organic race still did that same thing. then that synthetic used other synthetics to control the way organic life evolves in an attempt to prevent losing either of them from this conflict that arises between them. as it was created and told to do, by organics.

despite how much we want or hope that "things will be different next time"... they wont. it is in our nature to be this way. so i dont see how continuing that line of thinking is changing anything. hope and good intentions only get you so far, and in some cases actually blind people from whats really happening. so as far as im concerned choosing either destroy or control shows a severe lack of seeing the big picture while also being unable to see/admit our own faults as organics. its giving into our own condition. organics creating synthetics in servitude that eventually rebel is a cycle in itself. THAT is the thing i think that needs to be broken. the very act of creating new and completely different life in this way will always result in things like this happening unless we attempt to change that.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#9roo10158Posted 2/3/2013 12:47:35 AM
Control: you selflessly sacrifice yourself to keep everyone else alive, even the reapers, and stop the cycles.

Destroy: selfishly keep yourself alive, at the expense of every synthetic around, though still stopping the cycles.

I think control is paragon and destroy is renegade
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#10deadpool_legendPosted 2/3/2013 12:51:52 AM
Neither is paragon or renegade. Or at least there is no way to tell which is which because recall the ending of ME2. (Very Minor ME2 spoilers) What color was the explosion in the paragon ending? Red. What color was the explosion in the renegade ending? Blue.

The colors don't really mean anything I don't think, hence why there was a green option
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3