Paragon/Renegade ending *Spoilers*

#11Wii0playerPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:18 AM
Renegade ending is destroy.

Paragon ending is control.

Synthesis is perfect ending.

it's not really up for interpretation.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#12blutoblutarskyXPosted 2/3/2013 3:44:52 AM
Aurion819 posted...
That was my original reaction, but I found another interpretation.

The Destroy ending is actually the one with the most casualties:

This is not only offensive but it misses the point.

Machines are not alive.

Even if you take the most favorable opinions in the game there is still a huge question of whether or not machines are "alive". Self aware yes but still just hardware and software.

Just because they make an attempt to set joker up with the futuristic equivalent of a blow up sex doll doesn't make ede alive according to the series.

Destroy is the optimal paragon/renegade ending they just threw in the other two to give the player some choice. It is what Shepard set out to do an what she was focused on for all 3 games. To suddenly switch it yes did cause fan complaints and confusion.
#13General_JumaPosted 2/3/2013 4:49:41 AM
The thing is people assume everyone who picks Destroy is doing it to make Shepard live when it really isn't the case. For instance, I picked Destroy the first time, and given the Catalyst implies you die no matter what you pick I didn't know Shep could live(indeed, he didn't live in mine since I don't play MP and this was at the 4000 EMS for perfect ending).

Anyways, Destroy is in essence Renegade. Win at any cost. But at the same time, I think all of the options are renegade to an extent
---
Not comic - animated. For eight years America was ruled by Pinky and the Brain.-Thanatos the Great
#14edgecrusher02Posted 2/3/2013 8:31:20 AM
blutoblutarskyX posted...
Aurion819 posted...
That was my original reaction, but I found another interpretation.

The Destroy ending is actually the one with the most casualties:

This is not only offensive but it misses the point.

Machines are not alive.

Even if you take the most favorable opinions in the game there is still a huge question of whether or not machines are "alive". Self aware yes but still just hardware and software.

Just because they make an attempt to set joker up with the futuristic equivalent of a blow up sex doll doesn't make ede alive according to the series.

Destroy is the optimal paragon/renegade ending they just threw in the other two to give the player some choice. It is what Shepard set out to do an what she was focused on for all 3 games. To suddenly switch it yes did cause fan complaints and confusion.

its not that simple. no offense, but saying machines are not alive is exactly why there is conflict between organics and their synthetic creations. you have a mindset of them being strictly tools. the geth were obviously more than tools when they started questioning their existence and asking if they had a soul. i think it was more of an individual thing in ME3 with EDI and legion but the only large group where we could debate that is the geth. funny thing is, the thing that truly made the geth in general individually "alive" was the reaper code. they showed that hologram of the geth before and after the reaper code to illustrate this.

i also find it funny that so many people use making peace between the quarians and geth as reasoning for the catalyst being wrong in its logic, yet the geth dont gain full individuality until the reaper code is uploaded. aside from legion of course, but he is the one unit that was separated from the others and was interacting with organic life for some time. same with EDI.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#15deadpool_legendPosted 2/3/2013 10:57:45 AM
Wii0player posted...
Renegade ending is destroy.

Paragon ending is control.

Synthesis is perfect ending.

it's not really up for interpretation.

Then why does this topic exist? haha :P

If there were only two options, then I would agree that one is paragon and one is renegade, but as there are 4, I hold that they're four endings completely unrelated to moral standing. Doesn't the EC dialogue even change depending on whether a Renegade or Paragon chooses it (might be wrong on that, I don't play as Renegade much)?
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3