Raptor
Damage: 107.5
Weight: 0.70
Mag size: 15

Phalanx
Damage: 143.5
Weight: 0.25
Mag size: 12

Both silver weapons. Both semi auto. Pistols has better mods than snipers.

Raptor is about DPS, not single-shot damage. Its rate of fire is over double that of the phalanx, if you have a quick trigger finger. Even with the 40% damage buff from a heavy barrel, the phalanx can't out-DPS a raptor with the 25% damage buff of a HV barrel. Less damage, higher RoF. And, since SRs can get 90% armor mitigation from mods alone, (versus 65% on pistols,) the raptor's lesser damage-per-shot isn't crippling it when facing armor. With these mods, it still out-DPSs a phalanx against armor.

I wouldn't say either gun is objectively superior to the other. They're built for two different styles of combat. But I will say this: if I'm proccing ammo effects, I'd take the raptor. And, frankly, that's what I primarily use it for.
#32spfurm01Posted 2/4/2013 12:45:24 PM
The raptor challenge was arguably the worst challenge in for Outsider...looking back on it I would've gladly taken 200 waves of another Volus/Drell/ExCerb instead.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#33code_kirinPosted 2/4/2013 12:52:40 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...
Havoc49J posted...
I'm just going to put this here.

Raptor
Damage: 107.5
Weight: 0.70
Mag size: 15

Phalanx
Damage: 143.5
Weight: 0.25
Mag size: 12

Both silver weapons. Both semi auto. Pistols has better mods than snipers.

Raptor is about DPS, not single-shot damage. Its rate of fire is over double that of the phalanx, if you have a quick trigger finger. Even with the 40% damage buff from a heavy barrel, the phalanx can't out-DPS a raptor with the 25% damage buff of a HV barrel. Less damage, higher RoF. And, since SRs can get 90% armor mitigation from mods alone, (versus 65% on pistols,) the raptor's lesser damage-per-shot isn't crippling it when facing armor. With these mods, it still out-DPSs a phalanx against armor

Actually, it's under double that of the Phalanx. Phalanx has a fire rate of 250rpm, and Raptor has a stated fire rate of 550. For inexplicable reasons however, Raptor's RoF is hard-capped at 400. It won't break 400 even with marksman and an autoclicker AFAIK.

Raptor will lose to a Phalanx with heavy barrel. It still has the advantage of thermal scope, but it is kind of sad I'll admit.