SP: Best Bonus Power for an Adept?

#1Revan654Posted 2/3/2013 11:53:15 PM(edited)
Going start a playthrough for an Adept. What does everyone suggest using as a Bonus power?

The Following seem like the best for an Adept:

1. Flare: Only issue with this power is the cooldown timer, which can be long (around 7 to 9 seconds).

2. Dark Channel: Their use to be a sound bug with the power, not sure if it's been fixed. It was the reason why I didn't use the power

3. Warp Ammo
4. Stasis
5. Energy Drain
#2rfr6073Posted 2/3/2013 11:48:55 PM(edited)
Depends on your squadmates. When playing as an adept I bring along biotic squadmates like Liara and Javik for more biotic explosions. Then you already have Stasis, Dark channel and Warp ammo in your team. Biotics are weaker against shields so Energy Drain is useful. Have not tried Flare yet.
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#3AllDay524Posted 2/3/2013 11:50:16 PM
5. Energy Dragon

I.....hehehe
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#4DingariPosted 2/4/2013 12:08:03 AM
reave then cluster grenade for mass destruction. aka drell adept from MP
---
-_-
...Go hug a phantom
#5Revan654(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:21:06 AM
Dingari posted...

Reave is not a option for me, Kaidan is dead in my playthrough.

-----------

rfr6073 posted...
Depends on your squadmates. When playing as an adept I bring along biotic squadmates like Liara and Javik for more biotic explosions. Then you already have Stasis, Dark channel and Warp ammo in your team. Biotics are weaker against shields so Energy Drain is useful. Have not tried Flare yet.

Early on I usually run with Liara & EDI. Than later on Liara & Ashley.
#6rfr6073Posted 2/4/2013 12:40:41 AM
Revan654 posted...
Dingari posted...

-----------

rfr6073 posted...

Early on I usually run with Liara & EDI. Than later on Liara & Ashley.

Then overload from EDI and disruptor ammo from Ashley should be able to deal with shields. Dark channel is a hitscan power and useful against enemies that dodge a lot. It also jumps to another target after your original target is killed so it can set up multiple targets for a biotic explosion. With double throw projectiles and some luck you can even make two explosions with one throw.
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#7BashyMcFetusPosted 2/4/2013 1:17:38 AM
Revan654 posted...
Dingari posted...

Kaidan doesn't have to be alive. You can use reave on any character so long as you've gotten it once.

My insanity run with the adept used flare. Works fairly well, just have to make sure your cooldown is low. I used James for incediary ammo and whoever else made sense for the mission. Warp ammo would've been the second choice, because it's the best ammo power and it doesn't compete for cooldowns.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#8XenoSuikodenPosted 2/4/2013 1:48:14 AM
I like using Pull + Lash. Lash has pretty much been my fave bonus power when I play either my Adept or Vanguard in SP. I never really like Lash in MP. In SP it is a lot of fun and really good.
#9SageOfLifePosted 2/4/2013 2:28:10 AM
I reccomend Warp Ammo. You can Warp an enemy, unload a clip into it, and finish with Throw. Even a Banshee won't last long against that.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#10JVillJagsPosted 2/4/2013 10:32:55 AM
Defensive Matrix, you'll never die. Map that out the controller along with the basic warp/throw combo and you will blow through SP pretty fast. Your party can vary based on the mission, but I went with Liara and Javik. If you are good you can get through most battles without ever opening up the menu to select powers to cast. Squad warp ammo from Liara makes this game a breeze.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.