Am I the only one who thinks the Batarian Vanguard is as good as the Krogan?

#41Hui_TianPosted 2/5/2013 8:38:41 AM
mech gouki posted...
Once, I've seen a Kroguard in action. He charged an armored enemy, then he used a Heavy Melee, and what happened is that he ran right past him without hitting.

The Krogan's melee is close and mid range, I believe. Correct me if I am mistaken here, but I don't the Krogan's Heavy Melee autoaims that well at point blank range.

against shielded or armored opponents that won't go flying away from getting hit by Biotic Charge, you can set the heavy melee up to hit them immediately after coming out of biotic charge... otherwise if the oppoonent is prone or midair the Krogan Backhand will almost always miss.

On the otherhand, the Bataraian Heavy Melee will often track and pull the Batarian after the target as they are flying away.... and even if they're prone the punch will still connect when they are prone or midair.... unfortunately, its all about timing (and lack of lag), so the recovery time for a miss with the Batarian Falcon Punch is much more painful than that of a Krogan Heavy Melee.
#42NefhithPosted 2/5/2013 8:57:24 AM
A melee specced batarian's heavy melee deals about 1000 more damage than a krogan's.
#43NidtendofreakPosted 2/5/2013 9:03:31 AM
Kroguard is better for group tanking or long term tanking. Has more stagger resistance.

Batguard is better for 1v1 tanking or burst tanking. Deals more damage.

Preference as to which one is more useful really.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.