Do you ever see someone playing a class totally wrong and get the urge...

#11AnonyMouseXPosted 2/4/2013 11:40:30 AM(edited)
bloodgod92 posted...
Why don't people focus on themselves, and let others play how they want to?

Seriously, your chances of running onto them again is slim, if they suck, offer advice and then leave them be. Showing them how high you can score is not going to do them any good, it means you are a better player than them, odds are they will still not be close to your score.

I can't speak for everyone here, but for me it isn't even about score. It hurts my soul to see someone take an awesome class and make it look bad. Right or wrong, I feel the need to "vindicate" that class, lest everyone else in the lobby think the player's poor performance was the class's or weapon's fault. Likewise, it warms my heart to see a class I thought was "bad" be used to great effect.

The unfortunate downside of this is that the weight of blame is moved from the class/weapon and onto the player. By making the class look good, I'm inadvertently making the player look bad. (Or, I should say, I'm exposing how bad the player truly is.)

That's why I only do it in lobbies where the player won't get angry about it. It can easily be perceived as an insult or challenge, even though that's not my intention at all.
#12JawrduhnPosted 2/4/2013 11:44:24 AM
I used to feel that way but after a while, I just got bored playing classes the way "they are supposed to be played," if you will. I'm the person who runs adepts with negative cool down just cause or just picks a random class with a random weapon to make things fresh.
#13AllDay524Posted 2/4/2013 11:45:26 AM
AllDay524 posted...
No Stasis Bubble on his Adept/Vanguard.

Vanguard only needs 3 ranks. Maybe 4 since shield recharge is kind of redundant.

He didn't use charge either. (Forgot to mention that)
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#14code_kirinPosted 2/4/2013 11:47:50 AM
AllDay524 posted...
AllDay524 posted...
No Stasis Bubble on his Adept/Vanguard.

Vanguard only needs 3 ranks. Maybe 4 since shield recharge is kind of redundant.

He didn't use charge either. (Forgot to mention that)

I want that Asari's head on a pike!
#15bloodgod92Posted 2/4/2013 11:48:04 AM
Jawrduhn posted...
I used to feel that way but after a while, I just got bored playing classes the way "they are supposed to be played," if you will. I'm the person who runs adepts with negative cool down just cause or just picks a random class with a random weapon to make things fresh.

The point of the talent system is that you can play however you want to play. What works for some people doesn't work as well for others. This is why you can customize your talents. There is no right or wrong way to spec, or right or wrong weapon/gear choice. For all the people who think they are playing the "right" way, there is somebody who is playing that character better than you, who has a completely different setup.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#16chill 02Posted 2/4/2013 12:21:18 PM
Nope.
---
I should go.
#17SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/4/2013 12:22:43 PM
Random Slayers

Y U NO USE PHASE DISRUPTOR
#18PsyrenCallPosted 2/4/2013 12:28:46 PM
I once played a round with a Kroguard carrying a black widow, with carnage maxed out and no charge, his n7 level was around 4,000. It was a gold match, and I was using a Kroguard as well. By the end of the game he had less than 20,000 points, and the third place player with a default human adept and an n7 level of 40 something had tripled his score. I came in first, outscoring him by a factor of nearly 10-1.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#19MegaTape13Posted 2/4/2013 12:32:10 PM
Havoc49J posted...
I do this all the time. Perhaps its a bit petty of me but it drives me nuts when someone makes one of my favorite classes look that bad.

That. Unfortunately it often involves grenade classes, and people just end up quitting since I'm stealing their grenades and nuking/thinning spawns before they get a chance to shoot much. I drool Glacier/Reaper...
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#20SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/4/2013 12:38:57 PM
Saw a Fury last night with a Widow
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.