Do you ever see someone playing a class totally wrong and get the urge...

#31OverheadneroPosted 2/4/2013 1:25:54 PM
I get that urge every time I see a Human soldier using something like the widow and mattock and only using CS. And then they wonder why they are on the bottom constantly dieing while I'm going through the match easily.
---
The King of Nothing
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3883776084_f018034c0b.jpg
#32Halo_ForeverPosted 2/4/2013 1:34:42 PM
bloodgod92 posted...

The point of the talent system is that you can play however you want to play. What works for some people doesn't work as well for others. This is why you can customize your talents. There is no right or wrong way to spec, or right or wrong weapon/gear choice. For all the people who think they are playing the "right" way, there is somebody who is playing that character better than you, who has a completely different setup.

The bold part is utter BS, e.g. take a N7 Fury, put her on -200% cooldown (N7 Typhoon and Crusader should do the trick), then take weapon damage from the passive, take melee damage in the fitness, build AF in a schizo manner, halfass Throw and halfass Dark Channel .
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#33boblebobPosted 2/4/2013 1:37:39 PM
yes sometimes. its usually the biotic people that are horribly wrong
---
up yours
psn=elquango
#34jcllcjPosted 2/4/2013 1:54:39 PM
Everytime I see a krogan or batarian that doesn't melee
#35Spartan070Posted 2/4/2013 2:08:44 PM
I usually always respec a character differently after promoting so I can try as many playstyles as possible. Obviously some work better than others. The only variation I saw that actually annoyed me was a Volus Adept with a Carnifex on Silver who set out his orbs, never chucked one, and just tried to Stasis/headshot everything.

He scored ok but no orbs chucked for debuffing? No Shield boost at all, once all game?
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#36Spartan070Posted 2/4/2013 2:10:32 PM
bloodgod92 posted...

Uses my destroyer and laughs at you... so what if you take all of the grenades, I can pop an ammo pack and get upto 10 instant grenades and refill the clip of my black widow, pop down another pylon after a reload and then get 2 more grenades instantly :)

Demolisher right?
---
#37Spartan070Posted 2/4/2013 2:13:01 PM
GrayZStarr posted...
Novaguard w/o Nova, using a shotgun and shockwave. At least it wasn't yelling >.> or dying that much

That build is actually vary viable and has great survivability, especially with the recently improved Shockwave. Plus it's far more party friendly and doesn't draw the ire of your teamates haha.
---
#38Havoc49JPosted 2/4/2013 2:16:45 PM
Spartan070 posted...
GrayZStarr posted...
Novaguard w/o Nova, using a shotgun and shockwave. At least it wasn't yelling >.> or dying that much

That build is actually vary viable and has great survivability, especially with the recently improved Shockwave. Plus it's far more party friendly and doesn't draw the ire of your teamates haha.

I would argue its damage output and survivability is far less than the Nova setups, but I do have fun toying with a ME2 build. Arsenal has a good challenge for people who is looking for a little nostalgia. I don't put much faith in Shockwave when you have nothing to detonate though.
#39bloodgod92Posted 2/4/2013 2:17:00 PM
Spartan070 posted...
bloodgod92 posted...

Uses my destroyer and laughs at you... so what if you take all of the grenades, I can pop an ammo pack and get upto 10 instant grenades and refill the clip of my black widow, pop down another pylon after a reload and then get 2 more grenades instantly :)

Demolisher right?

That is the one :) I get them two mixed up quite a bit :) Still, the destroyer is awesome for grenade capacity too.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#40Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/4/2013 2:23:40 PM
If you don't use Charge why pick it on a Asari Vanguard? She has strong grenades and Stasis, that is enough for me.

And biotics with heavy guns can do ridiculous amounts of damage. Take a Valkyrie, give her full health, full Tech Armor, expose Warp, full weapon damage, good guns and Warp Ammo IV and make those soldiers see what true firepower is. Little risk build, but with a lot of dead enemies. The basic human Sentinel would get 5% better weapon damage, but the point is this class has more then one way to play it, the berserker build is just the traditional and fun one.

I generally don't get disturbed by people playing classes in different ways, I get disturbed by people claiming characters should be played a certain way (even if there is an ultimate build, why should I want to use it because of that?). Destroyers with Hawk Missile Launchers used to bug me in the good old days however.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."