Do you ever see someone playing a class totally wrong and get the urge...

#41Fou LuPosted 2/4/2013 3:35:44 PM
Yep, pretty much whenever I run into a non-Turian Soldier.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#42Spartan070Posted 2/4/2013 3:36:00 PM
Havoc49J posted...
Spartan070 posted...
GrayZStarr posted...
Novaguard w/o Nova, using a shotgun and shockwave. At least it wasn't yelling >.> or dying that much

That build is actually vary viable and has great survivability, especially with the recently improved Shockwave. Plus it's far more party friendly and doesn't draw the ire of your teamates haha.

I would argue its damage output and survivability is far less than the Nova setups, but I do have fun toying with a ME2 build. Arsenal has a good challenge for people who is looking for a little nostalgia. I don't put much faith in Shockwave when you have nothing to detonate though.

True, pair this guy with a Warp user for boss enemies and through in the helpfulness of the lvl6 "lift enemies" perk for lesser enemies and this guy is pretty helpful. Still, you are pretty much right on the money, especially the damage output.
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#43EnvironmentsPosted 2/4/2013 3:53:43 PM
No, because everyone had different play styles and people try new *UNIQUE* builds...

Although, I do get pissed if I see an N7 Fury with really f***ing heavy weapons.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cWxRj.jpg - Artwork by masterpug53
http://bit.ly/TNqBJH | http://bit.ly/SLsFmd | http://bit.ly/UbY5nR
#44SinisterSamuraiPosted 2/4/2013 4:24:55 PM
No, because 1) I tend to give people more credit than they deserve. (Maybe she was trying to get challange points.) 2) I rarely stay in any lobby more than one match.

Environments posted...
No, because everyone had different play styles and people try new *UNIQUE* builds...

Although, I do get pissed if I see an N7 Fury with really f***ing heavy weapons.

Throw with the bonus recharge makes that viable, or it would if there weren't so many tech powers blocking your BEs.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#45code_kirinPosted 2/4/2013 4:34:19 PM(edited)
SinisterSamurai posted...
Throw with the bonus recharge makes that viable, or it would if there weren't so many tech powers blocking your BEs.

If by viable you mean running up to an enemy and not killing them because your explosion was too weak then getting overwhelmed and dying. Tech overrides aren't an issue because your AF usually applies just before you detonate.

Urdnot_Runt posted...
I'm not gonna get on the mic and tell her what to do or send her a private message telling her how she should play the class... because THAT would be douchey. I didn't even wanna kick her from the next lobby either. So I showed her how the class is played in the next game, in other words, did her a favor because that's how people learn to be good at the game- by watching and playing with people who are already experienced.

That's exactly what I'd say on that matter. Showing pugs how a class it played is the best way to teach them. I'm not doing it to stand them up or anything. Just showing them what the class is capable of.
#46bloodgod92Posted 2/4/2013 4:38:50 PM
code_kirin posted...
That's exactly what I'd say on that matter. Showing pugs how a class it played is the best way to teach them. I'm not doing it to stand them up or anything. Just showing them what the class is capable of.

If it is meant as an insult or not, it will be taken that way by a lot of people. you are basically saying "Stand aside kid, let us adults handle things"

When I play bronze/silver on my demolisher I am normally top of the scoreboard by a large amount. This is showing people how a class is played. I would not intentionally switch characters just to show people how it "should be done" because no matter how you mean it, it is still an insult. Perhaps after the game you can drop them a friendly inbox or something with tips, I would much prefer somebody do that than to show me up.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#47SinisterSamuraiPosted 2/4/2013 7:44:20 PM
code_kirin posted...
SinisterSamurai posted...

If by viable you mean running up to an enemy and not killing them because your explosion was too weak then getting overwhelmed and dying. Tech overrides aren't an issue because your AF usually applies just before you detonate.

That's what your claymore is for.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#48fennell92Posted 2/4/2013 7:53:53 PM
I've never had the urge to show someone how to properly use a class, but I've done plenty of face-palming at crappy use of great characters.
#49inebriantiaPosted 2/4/2013 8:24:54 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
code_kirin posted...

If it is meant as an insult or not, it will be taken that way by a lot of people. you are basically saying "Stand aside kid, let us adults handle things"

When I play bronze/silver on my demolisher I am normally top of the scoreboard by a large amount. This is showing people how a class is played. I would not intentionally switch characters just to show people how it "should be done" because no matter how you mean it, it is still an insult. Perhaps after the game you can drop them a friendly inbox or something with tips, I would much prefer somebody do that than to show me up.

Every single class setup can destroy on bronze and silver, that's why most people that try to move up to gold/platinum aren't very good. On bronze/silver no one should tell anyone how to use their character, it's just for fun. On Gold and platinum people use equipment, and don't want their time and supplies wasted b/c they were too stubborn to learn how some classes work best. You wanna have fun, by all means go ahead, that's what bronze and silver is for, just don't come into my gold and platinum game expecting the same.

When I play, and someone offers me tips or shows me how to play a character better, I usually welcome it, as long as they're polite about it.
---
Remember Kids.. You Know Enough! ---- G.I. Jose
GT: GbHaseo---Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Persona 4, .Hack//Mutation
#50perfect_generalPosted 2/4/2013 8:47:21 PM
Nope. In fact I put 3 ranks in carnage on my kroguard and like it. Deal with it.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"