What is the most stupid and embarrassing section in the story for you?(spoilers)

#71SpankyMagooPosted 2/7/2013 10:59:15 PM
So many moments throughout the game jerked me out off any kind of immersion it was just hard to play the game for longer than 10 - 30 min chunks Tuchanka aside, the game was awful imo. I quit when I got the Kai leng trolling email only to requit and not pick it back up once I found out absolutely nothing would come of Miranda in the cerberus base.
---
GT: Spanky Magoo
"People who are offended by hypothetical situations can hypothetically **** themselves"
#72ozzyman314Posted 2/7/2013 11:11:27 PM
ArkJJ posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
Destin posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
I Don't know why people always say the Quarians are the bad ones. They had every right to blow the **** out of the Geth.

they're bad because they are stupid. their entire race is on that fleet and they commit every single ship to a war they might lose.

why the hell does Tali kill herself? if your race is on the verge of being wiped out, as a survivor that's in no immediate danger, isn't the logical move to find a way to stay alive and procreate so you can keep your race going?

Bioware turned them into morons that took steps to enable their own genocide.

Oh, you mean like the rest of the galaxy does, except against the Reapers?

Quarians had no choice but to fight the Geth. They needed a world to shelter on before the Reapers arrived. you could also say that by fighting the Geth, they cut down the Reapers supply of troops(like Shepard did with the Collectors). Regardless of what Legion said, the Reapers would have just found another way to subjugate the Geth.

and what would you do if you were just betrayed by your best friend and bared witness to the utter extinction of your species? Yeah, I'd jump off a ****ing cliff too.

If anything, it's the Geth bioware turned into idiots, but then again, the Geth were stupid from the beginning aswell. Atleast the Quarians redeem themselves.

That's a complete load of crap. They started a war AFTER the Reapers arrived to get back a world that they can't settle for decades at least (unless you make peace with the Geth) so the Quarians are idiots. Hell, they put Liveships on the front lines, justifying this by taking the time to put one Dreadnought class weapon on each but not taking the time to add extra armor or shielding. If they're not idiots, then they are so obsessed with hatred/revenge they no longer care whether their species can survive as long as they kill some Geth in the process.

What proof is there that points to the Quarians starting the war after the Reapers invaded?

When you first meet them before the Dreadnought mission, and you talk with Tali and the other admirals, they mention starting the war against the Geth weeks ago. On the Galaxy map, you can also see the evidence that they had to fight their way to Rannoch.

Plus the entire reason for them being pinned down in the first place is because the reapers JUST broadcast the control signal to the Geth. if they attacked during the reaper invasion, they wouldn't have made it anyway near Rannoch.

and again, they needed every advantage they could have against the Geth, they simply had no other options. Just like the rest of the galaxy against the Reaper, civilian or not, they all had to fight.

If the machines you created tried killing you and eventually drove you away from your world, destroy you culture and way of life, I'd pretty obsessed with killing them too.

The Geth on the other hand;

They try to portray themselves as sympathetic, despite allying with the Reapers (TWICE!)

The Geth say they just want Peace, yet everything they do goes against that.

They let half of them ally with beings that want to destroy organics(the other half do nothing to stop it)

and if I'm understanding the Geth, them having "networked intelligence" means they are stronger when they are together. So why do they let half of them join the Reapers? diminishing their "intelligence"?
---
Loading Signature..........
#73ArkJJPosted 2/7/2013 11:53:21 PM
Ozzy, if you listen to some of the conversations involving Tali and Raan you learn that they've tried getting "unofficial" support from other races multiple times (from the Turians mostly) ranging from ships to weapons to medigel and each time they've been turned down because they need it all to fight the Reapers.

They didn't take more than a few weeks to get to Rannoch because the tech Xen invented would originally more or less cripple the Geth in combat, allowing them to do whatever they damn well pleased to the Geth because they could no longer mount a real offense forcing them to attempt defense in vain, since they couldn't even "see" the attacks. The Reaper upgrades were the only reason her tech became ineffective

The Geth didn't revolt when the deactivation order first came, a few Quarians did. The Geth eventually went on the offensive to defend themselves, and rather clearly only intended to get the Quarians that were trying to kill them to back off but they made no attempt at diplomacy or retreat until the death toll was not only in the millions, if not billions, but also when they no longer had the resources to escape unless the Geth would allow them. They weren't able to outrun them, they survived because when it became obvious to the Geth the Quarians weren't a threat anymore, they broke pursuit.

The entire Geth Consensus/Race only allied with the Reapers once, during ME3. I don't ****ing condone that even though it was to survive. The Geth from the previous installments were somewhere between 5-10% of the Geth, nowhere near the majority. They majority of the Geth allowed it because even though they were vehemently against taking that route, they didn't want to kill their own people and instead held out hope for resolving the issue diplomatically so to speak.
---
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
#74ozzyman314Posted 2/8/2013 12:00:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#75ozzyman314Posted 2/8/2013 12:31:27 AM
ArkJJ posted...
Ozzy, if you listen to some of the conversations involving Tali and Raan you learn that they've tried getting "unofficial" support from other races multiple times (from the Turians mostly) ranging from ships to weapons to medigel and each time they've been turned down because they need it all to fight the Reapers.

They didn't take more than a few weeks to get to Rannoch because the tech Xen invented would originally more or less cripple the Geth in combat, allowing them to do whatever they damn well pleased to the Geth because they could no longer mount a real offense forcing them to attempt defense in vain, since they couldn't even "see" the attacks. The Reaper upgrades were the only reason her tech became ineffective

The Geth didn't revolt when the deactivation order first came, a few Quarians did. The Geth eventually went on the offensive to defend themselves, and rather clearly only intended to get the Quarians that were trying to kill them to back off but they made no attempt at diplomacy or retreat until the death toll was not only in the millions, if not billions, but also when they no longer had the resources to escape unless the Geth would allow them. They weren't able to outrun them, they survived because when it became obvious to the Geth the Quarians weren't a threat anymore, they broke pursuit.

The entire Geth Consensus/Race only allied with the Reapers once, during ME3. I don't ****ing condone that even though it was to survive. The Geth from the previous installments were somewhere between 5-10% of the Geth, nowhere near the majority. They majority of the Geth allowed it because even though they were vehemently against taking that route, they didn't want to kill their own people and instead held out hope for resolving the issue diplomatically so to speak.

Atleast the Quarians tried to get help. The Geth wanted to be left alone, that isolationist attitude didn't work so well for the Batarians. Had the Geth been left alone, the Reapers would have Subjugated all of them. and all geth would go to war with Organics.

That was the point I was trying to make, the Reapers hadn't invaded yet when the Quarians attacked. Otherwise they never would have made it into the Veil. They could have abandoned Rannoch, but instead they allied with the reapers(again). Knowing full well that doing so means war against all organics. the very thing the Geth did not want.

Do you think the Geth would just sat idly by as they were deactivated? Had the Quarians not struck first, the Geth would have. and they would have killed all of them
Plus the Quarians were scared, they didn't know how to react to the Geth asking such questions. Diplomacy was never on their minds because they were machines.

The Geth want to be "Alive" part of being alive is taking responsibility for your actions. The Geth never once tried to do that.
---
Loading Signature..........
#76Natas_DiabloPosted 2/8/2013 12:44:06 AM
I hated how at the end of the game I had united every single race that I possibly could, and that still wasn't enough to beat the Reapers??
---
"It's only equality if we're getting special treatment."
#77DestinPosted 2/8/2013 4:30:10 AM
ozzyman314 posted...
and again, they needed every advantage they could have against the Geth, they simply had no other options. Just like the rest of the galaxy against the Reaper, civilian or not, they all had to fight.

they could simply not be anywhere near Rannoch, where the Migrant Fleet wasn't for all of ME1 and ME2. when did not being near Rannoch become not an option?

ozzyman314 posted...
If the machines you created tried killing you and eventually drove you away from your world, destroy you culture and way of life, I'd pretty obsessed with killing them too.

so if you were a Native American you would be plotting terrorist plots against the US? if you were a Pilgrim you would be trying to go back and invade England?

ozzyman314 posted...
The Geth say they just want Peace, yet everything they do goes against that.

they want survival just like any other race. peace would be nice but not at the expense of survival.

ozzyman314 posted...
and if I'm understanding the Geth, them having "networked intelligence" means they are stronger when they are together. So why do they let half of them join the Reapers? diminishing their "intelligence"?

so you're advocating the oppression of minorities for the sake of nationalism?
---
Destin the Valiant
#78Orange_ApplesPosted 2/8/2013 4:39:24 AM
Wow ozzy it was like you weren't paying attention to anything at Rannoch or anything involving the quarians and the geth in general.

The quarians chose to destroy the geth because they feared a robot uprising. The geth did not want to be destroyed so they fought back. The quarians lost and left Rannoch.

At this point the geth weren't sure why the quarians reacted the way they did so the geth did some investigating. In their investigation they found that organics fear AI. Because of this the geth chose to isolate themselves from organics in hopes of not inciting another geth/quarian war. Unfortunately the quarians would continuously make raids against the geth. In response the geth defended themselves against organics.

The geth were approached by Sovereign to destroy all organics. The majority of geth said 'no we will stay here on Rannoch preparing the planet for when the quarians decide to stop this war and just come back home.' However some geth came to the conclusion 'the quarians will never stop their crusade and we'd be safer just destroying them all.' The geth concluded that the geth that wish to destroy all organics could leave but the overwhelming majority stayed.

The geth that left were either destroyed in me1 or were destroyed/converted in legion's loyalty mission in me2.

The geth realized that the more geth vi they have in a unit the closer they become to an AI (legion would be like a whole city inside that single unit). So they constructed a system in which all geth vi could exist. The quarians destroyed this contraption destroying a huge number of geth vi. In their fear the geth reached out to the reapers to help save them from the organics which were practically commuting genocide against the geth.

Yes the geth made a deal with the devil, but they wouldn't have been driven to that if the quarians hadn't been such idiots.

The quarians did have a choice they could have chosen to not destroy the geth. The geth had no intention of rebelling against organics. In fact, The geth have been maintaining Rannoch in hopes the quarians would come to their senses. The quarians did not have to continuously raid geth outposts. The quarians could have reached out the the geth at any point to find a diplomatic solution but they never did.

When asked by a quarian admiral if the geth would be willing to resolve the war peacefully, Legion responded that they would but it was the quarians who initiated combat at every encounter and that it is the quarians who would be unlikely to seek a peaceful solution. The quarian admiral was pretty upset because he had to agree. He hated the war and knew the quarians were in the wrong, but had to go with it because the other admirals would always vote against him.

If you achieve geth/quarian peace admiral raan feels as if the quarians lost the war and now have nowhere else to go. It was a geth prime that suggested the quarians just stop their silly war and just come back home. Once they were all home and united the geth didn't suddenly unleash a trap but helped the quarians build up their immune system and rebuild homes: the geth never forgot that they are servants of the quarians.

It is said that the reapers have incredible hacking capabilities but we have not seen it. If the reapers did they wouldn't have needed to ask the geth to join but instead would have just forced them. When the geth refused, the reapers didn't force the geth to join them. And when they reapers were allowed by the geth the reapers still needed to transmit the code through legion and then through a local network. Once that system was taken down the reapers lost their control.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#79DestinPosted 2/8/2013 4:40:11 AM
ozzyman314 posted...
Atleast the Quarians tried to get help.

they tried to get help from the other races to exterminate the Geth. that's okay but the Geth trying to get help from the Reapers to survive is bad? buying a gun from a gun shop to shoot people good, buying a gun from a gangster to defend yourself bad? really now?

ozzyman314 posted...
Otherwise they never would have made it into the Veil.

the huge fleet Shepard put together got through to Earth just fine near the end of the game, why would the Migrant Fleet not be able to jump to the Veil? the Reapers did not sit on every Relay and blast everything that came out. even though they should have (another stupidity in the game)

ozzyman314 posted...
They could have abandoned Rannoch, but instead they allied with the reapers(again).

and the Quarians have already abandoned Rannoch, why are they there right now?

ozzyman314 posted...
Plus the Quarians were scared, they didn't know how to react to the Geth asking such questions. Diplomacy was never on their minds because they were machines.

The Geth want to be "Alive" part of being alive is taking responsibility for your actions. The Geth never once tried to do that.

the Quarians can be scared of not knowing how to answer questions, but the Geth can't be scared of extermination. the Geth has to take responsibility for defending themselves but the Quarians don't have to take responsibility for letting fear drive them into potential genocide of another race. say what?
---
Destin the Valiant
#80Carribean_CoolPosted 2/8/2013 5:22:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]