How do you use the Drell Vanguard, Volus Sentinel, and Quarian Male Engineer?

#1delta___38Posted 2/5/2013 5:52:32 AM
I see some people say how these classes are good and what not, but I can't seem to figure how to use them for Gold.

Hopefully you guys can share some builds and tactics for me~
---
PSN: delta38
You've got my flacid multiplied by two...
#2bessy67Posted 2/5/2013 5:54:59 AM
QME is one of the better characters in the game. Just arc grenade > incinerate > arc grenade > incinerate for a deadly chain of tech bursts and fire explosions. I suck with the volus sentinel so I don't really have anything for you there, but with the drell vanguard I just skip pull and max everything else.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Apl_JPosted 2/5/2013 5:58:12 AM
DV: Spec Charge for power damage, and Clusters for damage. Charge > Throw, use a Claymore or Raider, if you don't like the weight. 3 points into pull for utility if you'd like, r just skip i

VSe: I dont know. Spec pets for distraction? Fight against Geth, they are distracted more than the others.

QME: Max out Arcs and Incinerate, then alternate between use. With Incendiary ammo, you can shoot > Incinerate for a fire explosion, then Arc grenade for another fire explosion, then Incinerate for a Tech Burst. Run around with a Harrier or something and Nuke Spawns with powers, then shoot any stragglers.
#4Evil EngelPosted 2/5/2013 5:59:08 AM
I like all grenades pretty much and arc grenades are up there

I like incinerate, has some crowd control, decent damage, excellent against armor

And I like tactical scan, I go for the one that increases slow down and or damage or whatever, the one that doesnt let you see other units nearby. It's probably my favorite weakening ability. Great against big targets and speedy enemies. For me QME is like whats not to like.
---
http://www.afternoontiger.com - my naruto page
http://www.dimipapa.com - my homepage
#5infinitexxPosted 2/5/2013 6:00:03 AM
bessy67 posted...
QME is one of the better characters in the game. Just arc grenade > incinerate > arc grenade > incinerate for a deadly chain of tech bursts and fire explosions. I suck with the volus sentinel so I don't really have anything for you there, but with the drell vanguard I just skip pull and max everything else.

I tend to start with Incinerate rather than Arc Grenade, unless I need the grenade to immobilize enemies, seeing as the grenades are limited while incinerate is not.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6big_lo1836Posted 2/5/2013 6:09:05 AM
infinitexx posted...
bessy67 posted...

I tend to start with Incinerate rather than Arc Grenade, unless I need the grenade to immobilize enemies, seeing as the grenades are limited while incinerate is not.

I'm not entirely sure how FEs work vs shields, so I use arc grenade first in the chain for that reason. Maybe thats why bessy67 uses them first as well. Does anyone know if FE damage is reduced on shielded enemies?
---
Currently playing: ME3, GoW2, Twilight Princess
#7Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/5/2013 6:12:38 AM
For Volus Sentinel: Pick a level that gives you some space to snipe and Geth as the enemy. Skip Fitness and go for full weight reduction. Widow (mine is at X) and Phasic Rounds (this is really important. I also use a Sniper Amp III, so that might be needed too) and you will kill everything but Hunters and Primes with one hit while your summons take the enemies attention. The Volus can easily reload cancel with the A button or Shield Boost (who knows, the guy next to you might need it or the damage reduction soon enough?). Naturally best used as a host.

Drell Vanguard: I don't like Charge on much anyone, least of all on the Drell, so I skip that. Max Pull on recharge, put on a Grenade mod, and equip something like a 200% weight Black Widow and a Geth Plasma Shotgun for personal defense. This is a build that is probably not used best while on the move, but if you have a more campish match he can do well enough. Grenades don't have a cooldown and Pull hardly even cares if you max the recharge speed, so how heavy weaponry you have doesn't matter.

Quarian Male Engineer: I recommend not using him since he brings bad luck. I have tried him twice on Gold, one wiped on wave 10 after the objective and the other one much earlier (only had 2 teammates in the latter). I scored over 150 000 in the first game, but it is not worth the jinxing effect.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#8NefhithPosted 2/5/2013 6:34:25 AM
Drell Vanguard: Use it as a weak adept, but with great reload time. Don't use biotic charge as a attack power, better only use it when you're about to die and need shields ASAP. Also, you can use biotic charge with "area" effect and combine it with grenades to deal massive damage.

Volus Sentinel: Support mainly. Spec the drone for shields/shields/missiles and put just one point on the decoy just to use it unles you want it to do more stuff with it. Avoid fire as much as possible and try to always have your shield boost ready in case some teammate needs it. People love volus that give shields WHEN THEY SHOULD GIVE SHIELDS, not whe volus that just give shields everytime someone eats just one bullet.

Quarian Male Engineer: Incinerate and arc grenades for maximum armor damage. Combine both and unleash a fury of tech and fire explosions from hell. Spec quarian defender for damage & capacity (rank 4) and spec tactical scan for headshots if you like using snipers and/or have a good sniper like the widow. If you don't like tactical scan, go for power damage in quarian defender and full shields/health in fitness.

The weapons I recommend are Disciple in the drell vanguard if you like biotic charging and spamming grenades (bronze-silver only), if not, the arc pistol works wonders, or go with the collector SMG and ultralight

On the volus, I'd take the mantis or the acolyte, and play a more support role. If you don't feel like supporting, take the paladin or carnifex with you, heavy barrel and ultralight materials and aim for heads.

For the quarian male engineer, take a sniper and aim for heads with tactical scan. Or take your lightweight weapon of choice (I personally love the acolyte/reegar with him) that can shred shields and finish enemies with grenades and incinerate.
#9bessy67Posted 2/5/2013 6:37:33 AM(edited)
big_lo1836 posted...
infinitexx posted...
bessy67 posted...

I'm not entirely sure how FEs work vs shields, so I use arc grenade first in the chain for that reason. Maybe thats why bessy67 uses them first as well. Does anyone know if FE damage is reduced on shielded enemies?

Incinerate primes FEs on shielded enemies, but incendiary ammo does not. FEs do normal damage to shields and health and double damage to armor. I just wrote it that way to demonstrate that you can chain the combos, but either way works fine.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#10Havoc49JPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:07 AM
Drell Vanguard. 6/0/6/6/6
Passives should be Power Damage & Weight / Headshot / Weapon Damage
Use a Wraith, Raider, Claymore, or Talon
Use Adrenaline Mod 3s

Play him aggressively, Charge a target for aoe stun and move into soft cover while firing your shotgun at the enemy. You'll usually get into cover without being hit at all. If you using the Raider or Claymore make sure your reload canceling. If things are getting dangerous, throw a Cluster Grenade to stun everything in the room.

Your best source of damage is your weapons. Use Charge to regain barriers, stun groups of enemies, and travel quickly to your next target. Get good with quickly firing off shotgun blasts to the head. You should be firing as fast as your gun will allow.