Currently doing an Insanity playthrough, the game is better than I remembered

#11Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:30:04 PM
-Initiating Earth. God what a letdown this turned out to be.

-Hackett is boarding the Normandy. Camera keeps focusing on his ass when he walks. Guess BW forgot that he's not Miranda. Gives a good speech

-Earth felt so tedious. Waves and waves of enemies, and then waiting to be picked up by the shuttle, in such small quarters with tons of enemies and a Banshee.

-Who's this? Anderson! It's great to see him again. You have to paragon hug him, no matter what. And who's this? That guy from the Launch trailer!

-Now IMO the best part about Earth: the goodbyes. It really sets the mood perfect for what's going along, especially the music playing. Talking to past ME2 squadmates via vidcom was good. Jacob saying there's a bar in Rio we should check out. Um....what about that last drink we were supposed to have for surviving the collector base mission?I don't know why BW didn't put him in Purgatory, we should have spilled those drinks

-And then there's that turret mini game. Why?

-Talking to a geth prime where Anderson and company are, is pretty cool. Liara getting a special cutscene. No surprises there, since BW has such a boner for her. Her "Goddess" line is annoying as hell. Shut up!

-Nothing like a good speech to get everyone going. I wish it was a bit longer though. If would have been great if you were giving it to all your past squadmates too. Ah well....

-Ugh defending the missile truck is such a ***** and frustrating. I mean if a ton of enemies weren't enough, we'll throw in 2, yes 2 freaking banshees. But that's not all. After that, you'll face another 2 Banshees until EDI sets up the missiles. Jesus Christ...

-Ok, we took that reaper out. Oh noes! It's Harbinger! And he's mute too!

-Now's our chance. Charging towards the beam, while Harbinger shoots at us.

-BAM! We are now limping and in critical condition. Harbinger takes off for some reason. I HATED this part due to Marauder Shields. Every time you die, you have to watch the cutscene all over again -_- UGH!

- Up we go. We now here Anderson talking to us. He says he followed us up, even though he was there first. Where the hell are we? We never seen this part of the Citadel before. Bodies everywhere.

-We finally meet up with Anderson, and we see him on a control panel. He turns around. WTF is wrong with him? Of course, TIM appears out of nowhere. How the hell is he controlling Anderson and Shepard? Anderson made it unscathed to the citadel, he didn't have a gun on him to blow out TIM's brains? This scene always irked me. Anderson, a combat veteran, getting easily tamed by TIM. What...the hell....happened?

-TIM then makes us shoot Anderson. Renegade dialogue TIM, he then loses his **** and charges towards us with his gun. Pop a cap in his ass before he does it to us.

-Shepard and Anderson sharing a final moment, this scene is great . Anderson's death should have been optional. The game should have just ended here.

-Crucible is not firing. Look, a magic elevator! And now the kid from those dream sequences that we kept playing pedophile by chasing him around, is the catalyst. You can tell that this sloppy ending was not well thought out.

-Our goal is to destroy the reapers, and destroy I did. Now Mind you I do not have the EC, as 2GB is such a waste of Bandwidth, and I can always youtube it anyways. God, no wonder people hated this POS ending.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#12Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:33:01 PM
-And there you have it. IMO the game just loses it at Earth. After gathering all those Assets, I still felt like I was in this alone. If you collected all the Assets as much as possible, then Earth should have been a bit easier, instead of throwing 2 freaking Banshees at us at a time. We never see any of our Assets in action. Having all the assets and having no assets, the same result is yielded.

-Credits. It's disgusting that they put Chobot in the top 5 for the cast of characters.

-Another scene? Look, it's Buzz Aldren's great grandson talking to his granson about The Shepard. Why?!

-With the money they would have saved by not creating Diana Allers and hiring Buzz, we could have gotten Michael Beattie to reprise his role as Mordin. Great Priorities Bioware.

Well, got my Insanity achievements. If I ever do another playthrough, Insanity is out of the equation.
---
#13xKryptonKnightxPosted 2/6/2013 5:33:06 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
--Talking to a geth prime where Anderson and company are, is pretty cool. Liara getting a special cutscene. No surprises there, since BW has such a boner for her. Her "Goddess" line is annoying as hell. Shut up!

I don't remember seeing a prime in that room.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#14ozzyman314Posted 2/6/2013 5:48:24 PM(edited)
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
--Talking to a geth prime where Anderson and company are, is pretty cool. Liara getting a special cutscene. No surprises there, since BW has such a boner for her. Her "Goddess" line is annoying as hell. Shut up!

I don't remember seeing a prime in that room.

It's only there if you choose to save the Geth on Rannoch and kill the Quarians.

I Never understood why anyone would choose Destroy after siding with the Geth. I can see why people would side with the Geth over the Quarians, but then why do that if you're just going to kill the Geth anyway?
Logically, it makes 0 sense.

Bioware really should have added Destroy only if you killed the Geth on Rannoch.

---
Loading Signature..........
#15Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:40:29 PM
Because the other 2 options IMO are dumb as hell, and BW forcing this logic on us is dumb. We should have had the option to Destroy just the reapers, like if our EMS is high enough. Another reason why I feel EMS is pointless. There's no reason to destroy the geth.
---
#16ozzyman314Posted 2/6/2013 8:04:56 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
Because the other 2 options IMO are dumb as hell, and BW forcing this logic on us is dumb. We should have had the option to Destroy just the reapers, like if our EMS is high enough. Another reason why I feel EMS is pointless. There's no reason to destroy the geth.

I can think of plenty of good reasons to blow up Blinky. I also find it hypocritical that people defend destroying the Reapers and not the Geth.
Besides, Bioware's logic isn't as bad as people make it out to be. They just conveyed it in an extremely poor way.
---
#17Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:08:34 PM
Geth fought in self defense mah boy
---
#18ozzyman314Posted 2/6/2013 8:31:07 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
Geth fought in self defense mah boy

You think the Geth would have been content as slaves? had Quarians done nothing the Geth would have killed them all. Quarians had no choice.
Both sides fought in self-defense.

Let's not forget allying with the Reaper(TWICE)

Sure the 1st time it was only a few of them, but even the ones that didn't were just as hostile.

Then in 3, they all run to the Reapers when they can't beat the Quarians. Despite knowing the Reapers are a threat to them and allying with them = war against all organics.

The Geth also chose to isolate themselves from the rest of the galaxy, that didn't work out too well for the Batarians.

Personally, while I can see both sides, I just think the evidence weighs heavier on the Quarian's side.
---
#19Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:36:28 PM
The quarians were a bunch of morons to start a war in the midst of the invasion though. They should have just left the geth alone, they wouldn't have allied with the reapers.
---
#20ozzyman314Posted 2/6/2013 8:55:55 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
The quarians were a bunch of morons to start a war in the midst of the invasion though. They should have just left the geth alone, they wouldn't have allied with the reapers.

Again, neither side had a choice(and not all Quarians supported the war). Had the Quarians not attacked, the Reapers still would have taken control of them. either by force(hacking) or "convincing" them(join us or die).

Nothing even points to the fact that they started the war during the Reaper invasion. They didn't know when the Reapers were coming, they needed a world to shelter on, and as far as they knew, the Geth worked for the Reapers.

You could also argrue that, by destroying the Geth, they cut down a possible Reaper army. like Shepard did with the Collectors.
---