Just checking: the Drell Adept on Gold can apply 9000+ damage to an area, yes?

#1MegaTape13Posted 2/5/2013 10:07:41 PM
1000 damage per Cluster Grenade shrapnel with passive maxed for power damage
x3 from Shrapnel evolution
+1000 to a target affected by Reave from Damage Combo evolution
1687 damage per biotic explosion vs armor/barriers on Gold (844 vs health/shields)

Single target (armor/barriers):

(1000 * 3) + 1000 + 1687 = 5687

Assuming all BEs overlap (armor/barriers):

(1000 * 3) + 1000 + (1687 * 3) = 9061 .................. = enough to kill Ravagers

Is this math correct?
Why do I never see anyone use him? I know why, that's a rhetorical question.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#2GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/5/2013 10:13:57 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no limit to the amount of enemies you can have reaved, so even more damage if you get a lot of them grouped up, each setting off their own biotic explosion. Plus, warp rounds will make the grenades and reave do 100% more damage if you can get that in there before.

So I think he can do more damage than that.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#3charon78auPosted 2/5/2013 10:17:17 PM
How can we factor in the following scenario using math?:
Each grenade will come out at right angles when you throw it and then bounce another 50 feet in the wrong direction. During this time, the rest of the team has shot every purply-glowing thing they can see.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#4MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:18:02 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
I'm pretty sure there is no limit to the amount of enemies you can have reaved, so even more damage if you get a lot of them grouped up, each setting off their own biotic explosion. Plus, warp rounds will make the grenades and reave do 100% more damage if you can get that in there before.

Really? I was under the impression that:
1) each shrapnel could only trigger 1 biotic explosion
2) Warp rounds only receive a bonus against 'warped' targets, not apply a bonus for powers
---
#5CyberCerberusPosted 2/5/2013 10:18:25 PM
I'd say it's how flimsy he is, puts people off, especially off host. I just whack an adrenaline module on him + spec for his passive speed increases and never even get hit the whole game.

Plus his damage dealing potential is absurd.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
I love Gamefaqs' mods.
#6MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:23:33 PM
charon78au posted...
Each grenade will come out at right angles when you throw it and then bounce another 50 feet in the wrong direction. During this time, the rest of the team has shot every purply-glowing thing they can see.

I rarely have problems landing shrapnel from a distance of maybe 10-15m or closer unless cover is involved, so Clusters are pretty darn good for how I tend to play.
---
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/5/2013 10:24:48 PM
MegaTape13 posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...

Really? I was under the impression that:
1) each shrapnel could only trigger 1 biotic explosion
2) Warp rounds only receive a bonus against 'warped' targets, not apply a bonus for powers

Maybe you are right, I don't know.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#83PiesAndAForkPosted 2/5/2013 10:34:55 PM(edited)
charon78au posted...

Easy. Throw it so the entire cluster hits the enemy, exploding on impact. All shrapnels will explode on that one guy, dealing massive damage.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#9charon78auPosted 2/5/2013 10:26:19 PM
3PiesAndAFork posted...
charon78au posted...

Easy. Throw it so the entire cluster hits the enemy, exploding on impact. All shrapenals will explode on that one guy, dealing massive damage.

It's...it's so crazy, it just might work.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#10Halo_ForeverPosted 2/5/2013 10:43:10 PM(edited)
MegaTape13 posted...

Is this math correct?
Why do I never see anyone use him? I know why, that's a rhetorical question.

It would seem so though I'm not sure about Golden's comment about the Warp ammo, I thought it worked in the same way that you described.

Additionally I do use him on Gold, very effective against Reapers, though Marauders drop you almost instantly off host.

charon78au posted...

It's...it's so crazy, it just might work.

Works better on the Slasher and Vorcha Sentinel as those classes can take some punishment before going down. Still against enemies with no rapid fire capability (Ravager, Brute, Banshee, Scion, Preatorian Atlas) it works nicely.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....