Just checking: the Drell Adept on Gold can apply 9000+ damage to an area, yes?

#31terrysmay04Posted 2/6/2013 7:34:56 AM
Apl_J posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...
Apl_J posted...
Tech Bursts and Fire Explosions can't go off multiple times from one power. Are you sure that Biotic Explosions can?

with shockwave they can

Are you 100% on that? When I test it on powers like Inferno Nades and Overload, it plays the combo animation for every hit, but the combo damage isn't actually added.

I am 100% positive. I've caused 3 BEs in one shockwave on multiple occasions.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#32terrysmay04Posted 2/6/2013 7:36:46 AM
Also, moral of the topic?

The Drell Adept is amazing.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#33sheepman23Posted 2/6/2013 7:45:43 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
Also, moral of the topic?

The Drell Adept is amazing.

---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#34sir_fredingtonPosted 2/6/2013 8:02:04 AM
I think people don't use him because he's perceived to require more skill to play than other characters because:

1. Lower than average shields
2. Cluster grenades do have a bit of a learning curve in terms of how to throw them
3. Many people still think pull is a bad power

Also, I feel like there's still a stigma against grenade classes, even after the release of grenade capacity gear. It's like people are afraid of ammo boxes and/or using their ammo packs.
#35sheepman23Posted 2/6/2013 8:07:13 AM(edited)
sir_fredington posted...
I think people don't use him because he's perceived to require more skill to play than other characters because:

1. Lower than average shields
2. Cluster grenades do have a bit of a learning curve in terms of how to throw them
3. Many people still think pull is a bad power

Also, I feel like there's still a stigma against grenade classes, even after the release of grenade capacity gear. It's like people are afraid of ammo boxes and/or using their ammo packs.

I agree, but all three of those points should not make much of a difference as long as you play him correctly.

His low barriers are compensated for Reave's 40% DR, and his high mobility, especially with a maxed Fitness. Cluster Grenades are often unpredictable, but it's a bit easier on him since Reave can hit multiple targets, therefore increasing the chance of bioplosions. As for Pull, I take three ranks or none at all. It is useful for straggler enemies, but so is a fast-firing weapon with Warp Rounds after you've Reaved them (or Phasic for shielded enemies).
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#36code_kirinPosted 2/6/2013 9:25:31 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
I was under the impression that one shrapnel hitting multiple primed targets would BE one target, and render the rest unable to be detonated by the second and third shrapnel. Shrapnel 1 hits Primed Target 1 and Primed Target 2, Target 1 generates BE Target 2 is de-primed for other shrapnel from that toss. Shrapnel 2 hits Target 2, even if it misses Target 1, no additional biotic explosion. Second chuck of cluster grenades, Shrapnel B1 hits targets 2 and you get your biotic explosion.

In other words, one toss can equal multiple BEs, but only if the targets are grouped far enough apart that there is no overlap of AOE damages. At least, that's how I understood it. And therefore I believe your damage calc is inaccurate.

According to BSN's testers, this is what actually happens. Your BEs will realistically never overlap because the radius of an unboosted BE is the same as a cluster grenade. You're probably mistaking the explosion animation for a BE, which is very easy to do. Your number wouldn't be applicable even to spawns.
#37DXLR8RPosted 2/6/2013 10:11:00 AM
Drell Adept is still my favorite Adept from since the first day he came out, despite the Fury and Human Adept being right up there with him for me. Spec'ed him for speed so I'm usually untouched with my super-speed, but don't expect me to come reviving you out in the open even with my maxed shields, because that's when *I* start to go down.

My only issue is with how slow grenades come on the field on Platinum, even if I'm the only one on the team using them, and I continually run laps around the field hitting each ammo box - it makes me stingy with my grenades, even with Grenade Gear V.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#38MegaTape13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:53:12 PM
code_kirin posted...
SinisterSamurai posted...
I was under the impression that one shrapnel hitting multiple primed targets would BE one target, and render the rest unable to be detonated by the second and third shrapnel. Shrapnel 1 hits Primed Target 1 and Primed Target 2, Target 1 generates BE Target 2 is de-primed for other shrapnel from that toss. Shrapnel 2 hits Target 2, even if it misses Target 1, no additional biotic explosion. Second chuck of cluster grenades, Shrapnel B1 hits targets 2 and you get your biotic explosion.

In other words, one toss can equal multiple BEs, but only if the targets are grouped far enough apart that there is no overlap of AOE damages. At least, that's how I understood it. And therefore I believe your damage calc is inaccurate.

According to BSN's testers, this is what actually happens. Your BEs will realistically never overlap because the radius of an unboosted BE is the same as a cluster grenade. You're probably mistaking the explosion animation for a BE, which is very easy to do. Your number wouldn't be applicable even to spawns.

Cool, good to know. I didn't even notice Samurai's post...

So realistically, between Reave's DoT and some decent shrapnel placement, you'll "only" be applying 4000-6000 damage over a 4-ish meter radius. I'm fine with that.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13