can someone...(ending spoilers)

#1xRDWGxPosted 2/6/2013 1:44:16 AM
explain what the heck is going on with the ending choices?
i didn't do the extended ending at all, i wanted to play through normally first.
-what were the choices?
-how many were there?
-and what did they mean when you picked them?
i chose the red one on the right but had no clue what i picked.
it's all my fault really, i was just too damn sleepy when it was time to pay attention :(

OR can someone link me to the proper page that explains the endings?
---
98% morphine // 2% swamp gas
#2charon78auPosted 2/6/2013 1:47:38 AM
Red: destroy the reapers and all synthetic life - including the geth and EDI.

Blue: control the reapers. Stop them from killing everything.

Green: Fuse all organic and synthetic life with space magic. Creating a utopian community where everyone has green eyes and circuitry for veins.

The main difference is the colour of the explosions. Now go get the EC - apparently it's much better.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#3Wii0playerPosted 2/6/2013 1:49:34 AM
Red=The Destroy ending, you killed the Reapers, at the cost of also killing all synthetic life..meaning the Geth and EDI.

Alternatively you could've picked,

Blue- The Control ending, Shepard gives his life to become the new leader of the Reapers and uses them to help rebuild the galaxy.

Or...

Green- Synthesis, Shepard sacrifices himself to make Organics part synthetic, and synthetic part organics. This means no more organic/synthetic conflicts apparently, and the galaxy becomes a utopia.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#4xRDWGx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:55:26 AM
you both are amazing.
that's exactly what i needed.
thank you!
---
98% morphine // 2% swamp gas
#5Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/6/2013 3:18:52 AM
Just install the Extended Cut, the choices are elaborated upon in far greater detail.