I beat this game when it came out and... (spoilers)

#1SquidtolteCPosted 2/6/2013 4:54:29 AM
never visited the boards or anything, but I hated the ending. hated it. loved all the games but I thought it was awful.

I know a lot of people complained though, so I'm wondering if Bioware ever did any DLC or alternate endings? fill me in
---
they know
#2HOLyBlindSHOTPosted 2/6/2013 5:00:34 AM
There is DLC but it does not change the ending. There are a pair of story DLCs currently out that add to the single player, but do not do much more than give you some new toys to play around with. There is also a free DLC out that helps to explain the ending, but in all honesty I still feel that the end was horrible. Hope this helps.
#3SageOfLifePosted 2/6/2013 5:02:15 AM
Extended Cut. It's free though it takes up two GB. You won't find many who call the EC "great" but it did manage to get back to the standard broken base from the most united backlash the industry has seen since the great crash.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#4SquidtolteC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:03:12 AM
thanks guys
---
they know
#5pcmike2Posted 2/6/2013 8:57:11 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Extended Cut. It's free though it takes up two GB. You won't find many who call the EC "great" but it did manage to get back to the standard broken base from the most united backlash the industry has seen since the great crash.

lol what?

great crash? really?

Most people here on gamefaqs haven't even touched a mass effect game.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#6SageOfLifePosted 2/6/2013 8:59:41 AM
pcmike2 posted...
SageOfLife posted...

lol what?

great crash? really?

Most people here on gamefaqs haven't even touched a mass effect game.

But among the people who did, the backlash was nearly unanimous.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#7edgecrusher02Posted 2/6/2013 8:59:42 AM
the extended cut DLC is free and provides more elaboration as well as an epilogue for each of the ending choices. the leviathan DLC basically gives even more explanation and arguably should have been in the game originally. aside from the epilogues, none of this information is exactly new, just better explained.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#8TheM00dPosted 2/6/2013 9:06:00 AM
I'm expecting a loud obnoxious voice in here soon. Also right there with you TC.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
#9IrishSpectre_N7Posted 2/6/2013 10:35:03 AM(edited)
The best way to describe the extended cut is "acceptable," especially when coupled with the Leviathan DLC. It's free, so there's no harm in downloading it and at least replaying the final mission.
---
PC Gaming
#10LilyxLightningPosted 2/6/2013 11:15:19 AM
They made an Ending for Dummies so delusional trolls like you could be spoonfed information you were already told.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.