"the story was never about..."

#1edgecrusher02Posted 2/6/2013 10:04:03 AM
"organics vs synthetics" or "a technological singularity"... why do people say that. like they knew anything about the reapers going into the third game. the reapers are about control and we knew next to nothing about them going into the third game. in the end it could have been anything from they are evil "just because" to they are controlled by a magical unicorn that flies around the galaxy on rainbows. we knew that little about what we were fighting. considering the enemies are and always have been machines, what we got seems extremely plausible to me. the enemy being machines dictates a lot about how this came to be without it having to be told because machines get created with a purpose, by someone. im not sure why it was so surprising to so many people.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#2bloodgod92Posted 2/6/2013 10:07:49 AM
Klencory.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#3edgecrusher02(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:09:29 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
Klencory.

lol, well theres that too. my theory on that is that whatever that volus saw on klencory is one of the catalysts "pawns" that the leviathan spoke of that managed to hide and survive somehow. another similar intelligence.
---
#4Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/6/2013 10:11:11 AM
edgecrusher02 posted...
the enemy being machines dictates a lot about how this came to be without it having to be told because machines get created with a purpose, by someone. im not sure why it was so surprising to so many people.

So the purpose of the Geth was to drive their master species off their homeworld? I kinda presume the Reapers don't care what they were originally intended for.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#5Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/6/2013 10:12:58 AM
I guess because the original plan was for the Reapers' goal to be to stop some dark energy crisis I don't really remember all the details.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#6edgecrusher02(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:15:56 AM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
edgecrusher02 posted...
the enemy being machines dictates a lot about how this came to be without it having to be told because machines get created with a purpose, by someone. im not sure why it was so surprising to so many people.

So the purpose of the Geth was to drive their master species off their homeworld? I kinda presume the Reapers don't care what they were originally intended for.

thats not what i meant. i meant that the conditions in which they get created is that they are given a purpose. when they gain sentience they are basically gaining it as tools/slaves. thats why it dictates a lot about why "evil machines" would be the way they are. with the geth, they did what they did because their creators gave them a reason to. organics being the creators means that this ultimately falls on them for the most part. now obviously not directly the life of this cycle, outside of the geth anyway.

based on what weve seen, id say the reapers only exist for what they were created for and both the leviathan and the catalyst say as much.
---
#7edgecrusher02(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:17:41 AM
Drizzy_Drizake posted...
I guess because the original plan was for the Reapers' goal to be to stop some dark energy crisis I don't really remember all the details.

yea but we didnt know that going into the third game as the dark energy references were random and never explained in ME2. we only know it was a potential reason because of an information leak. had they went with that we would have found out in ME3 just like we did with what we have now. pretty much nothing new was revealed about the reapers in ME2.
---
#8foodeater4Posted 2/6/2013 10:18:20 AM
ME1 was totally about organics vs synthetics.
#9edgecrusher02(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:21:03 AM
foodeater4 posted...
ME1 was totally about organics vs synthetics.

oh man... someone is going to freak out about that comment im sure, lol. at least on other forums ive been on they would. i get what you are saying as it was in fact shep and crew fighting a giant sentient space ship and its synthetic soldiers(the geth). we just had no idea that the very same thing would be the basis for the reapers themselves. but again, i think its extremely plausible that it turned out to be.
---
#10Drizzy_DrizakePosted 2/6/2013 10:21:51 AM
I prefer it this way myself it makes sense to me and is set up well through all the games. The dark energy stuff kinda came out of nowhere.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu